Chelsea 1-0 Wigan

Wigan may want points, and we better make sure they don't get them in the match. A random out of form win would do this great just like the Bolton game. Hey i tell you what having 2 world class strikers may cause problems, but at least you can rest one and play one of them each game, infact it comes pretty handy when you got games like this. Torres should be taking at least 6 shots i would say, don't care about confidence just fucking kick that ball in, no lay offs they don't seem to work.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've scored 14 goals in the last 2 games against Wigan, so no way can we possibly lose this one!

Tottenham scored 12 against them last season. 9-1 and 3-0. This season was 1-0 to Wigan and 0-0.

The problem this season has been purely goals and considering last season, i think that's staggering. 103 goals last season and now we're only on 54 with 8 games left. We only failed to score in 1 game last season in the league, this season we've failed to score in 8 already. I don't get why this has happened tbh, especially after scoring 21 in our first 5.

It has literally gone tits up since Wilkins left.

We need to probably go back to 4-3-3, 4-5-1 and bring in a proper number 2. I wanted us to go to 4-4-2 but it clearly dosen't work so we need to go back to normal now, there's too much at stake now for us to be trying to accommodate players.

Surely we'll get some goals in this. Surely....

Think we should 'rest' (drop) Lampard, play 4-3-3 and add something different. Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Benayoun, Kalou, Malouda, Torres

Kalou and Malouda can be chanced in a game like this and they were both good in the away game. Torres needs a goal, Banayoun adds creativity. I'd LOVE to see that team.

Edited by OllieCFC

Tottenham scored 12 against them last season. 9-1 and 3-0. This season was 1-0 to Wigan and 0-0.

The problem this season has been purely goals and considering last season, i think that's staggering. 103 goals last season and now we're only on 54 with 8 games left. We only failed to score in 1 game last season in the league, this season we've failed to score in 8 already. I don't get why this has happened tbh, especially after scoring 21 in our first 5.

It has literally gone tits up since Wilkins left.

We need to probably go back to 4-3-3, 4-5-1 and bring in a proper number 2. I wanted us to go to 4-4-2 but it clearly dosen't work so we need to go back to normal now, there's too much at stake now for us to be trying to accommodate players.

Surely we'll get some goals in this. Surely....

Think we should 'rest' (drop) Lampard, play 4-3-3 and add something different. Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Benayoun, Kalou, Malouda, Torres

Kalou and Malouda can be chanced in a game like this and they were both good in the away game. Torres needs a goal, Banayoun adds creativity. I'd LOVE to see that team.

Over confidence might have been a issue, we ended last season and started this hitting teams for 6,7 and 8, maybe the players got it into their head that they could have carried on doing that all season? Its only natural to get a bit complacent after a few thrashings, i remember when i played for a U14 side we won 4-0, 12-0, 6-1 then 7-0 we played the bottom side in the league at home turned up with the wrong mentality thinking we only need to turn up to dish out more, they scored a early goal defended for their lives and came away with a 1-0 and after that our season went tits up, it wasnt intended arrogance more natural complacency i honestly dont think our players responded to failing to score and win well after getting so use to it and its the same for Chelsea.

I think this has contributed to our average season more than the Wilkins saga, complacency. How can a team that was sweeping all before them playing football weve never seen before to rigid and horrifically predictable in the space off less than half a year?

3 - 1 Anelka, Lampard, N'Zogbia, Ramires

But i'd take a one-nil if Torres scored it!

Me too. Can't wait to see Benayoun and Torres together in a blue shirt

Seeing as I don't care much about the result I'm all for any experimenting in either our line-up or our build-up play. Wouldn't mind if that meant that Kalou, Benayoun or even Bosingwa played up-front.

Go 4-5-1 with Torres. Many don't want him to start the Man U game anyway, preferring to go back to 4-3-3 with Anelka, Malouda and Drogba. So why not go whole hog with a Torres-friendly formation and let's see if that kick-starts his Chelsea career.

"Torres WILL score"

:lol: maybe if people stopped saying this it may happen :Goober:

Lol! i will try this, i has been saying that for a couple of games and nothings happens.

We need to try something new in this match, i want Alex and Benayoun as starters.

Its a must win game to be honest , where only 5 points ahead and we have to play spuds the way this season is going no points gap is comfortable , we need to secure a champions league spot and try again next year.blue%20scalf.gif

^

I'd also like Torres and Anelka to start since i'd rather Drogba rested for the mancs on Tuesday.

Man united are too good a team to 'try' out Torres and Drogba together so i'd rather have Drogba fresh for Old Trafford with Anelka and/or Kalou to play aside him.

Might be an idea to start Benayoun with Torres tomorrow,might get him(Torres) scoring and will get Benayoun ready for Tuesday.Would also be a good idea to play Alex at some point tomorrow as well.

Absolutely tharashed these lot last season,can't see neither am i expecting a repeat performance.1-0 will do me :smiliecap1: