Chelsea 1-0 Wigan

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlo said that Alex will be on the bench.I want Carlo to try something new,like 4-1-2-1-2

Cech

Boss - Luiz - JT - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

Benayoun

Torres - Anelka

Ivan and Drogba can be sub in 60+ minute.They should have rest for united game.Luiz must be titular.He can't play in CL so...Carlo can give Cole rest and to put Bertrard on the left.Hope for three points whatever will be the start eleven.

Carlo said that Alex will be on the bench.I want Carlo to try something new,like 4-1-2-1-2

Cech

Boss - Luiz - JT - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

Benayoun

Torres - Anelka

Ivan and Drogba can be sub in 60+ minute.They should have rest for united game.Luiz must be titular.He can't play in CL so...Carlo can give Cole rest and to put Bertrard on the left.Hope for three points whatever will be the start eleven.

I like the line-up, well balanced.

I'd have preferred us not to be playing today, would have been better to have used the time to make sure that we're ready for Tuesday. As this is not going to happen, I hope Carlo utilises the players wisely, bearing in mind the trip to OT on Tuesday. Definitely play Luiz as he won't be playing on Tuesday anyay. I think Torres should play, not for the full 90 minutes. Looking forward to hopefully seeing Benayoun back if he's chosen, will be interesting to see him inhteracting with Torres.

Cech

Boss - Luiz - JT - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

Benayoun

Torres - Anelka

I would have chosen something along those lines. Benayoun working just behind Torres is a good combination. They should well together since they have done before at Liverpool.

I'm sorry i read that he wasn't even on the subs bench.

Oh okay :lol:

But yeah, he's only made about 20minutes of first team action (for Israel during the international break). It'd be a gamble to start him (one which I do think is worth it) so I'd be very surprised if he starts!

Townsend's Lineup (Mail):

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Lampard Essien Zhirkov

Anelka Torres

A fair line up when thinking about the United game. It'll give Carlo a chance to experiment with Anelka - Torres. Anelka can play with both so if those 2 can form a better partnership, then Carlo would've found a way for Torres to fit into the future plan.

This game should be dedicated to experimenting for Tuesday's match. If this doesn't work, we can revert to 4-3-3 because Anelka can drop (barely) wide.

Last time i can re-call us with a Saturday 3 o clock KO on grand natinal day it was at home to Birmingham in 05.

It was a return game on the 2nd game of the season (like it is today).

Players were rested (like there gunna be today).

In between the CL quarter final legs (like todays is)

Drogba came of the bench to get us a 1-1 draw.

I cant help but feel a case of de ja vu.