Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

Willian isn't older than Mata. They were born in the same year, but Mata at an earlier month

They are abt the same age and Mata is probably better than him so why buy him?? Or rather why buy a 25 year old player with potential when we can get a 21 yr old like lamela who is likely to give us more years and is younger??

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, Mata is actually 25 years old as well. In fact, he's 4 months older than Willian. As for Moses, yes he is younger but then getting Willian is probably an upgrade on him.

And how is purchasing a 25-year old player not a future investment? We can probably at least get 5-6 good years out of him and investing in the players for the future doesn't mean we do it only by getting U23 players.

A 30 million bench player when we dont even have a proper striker??

Lukaku is a different story. yeah he is such a big chelsea fan that he nearly joined spurs and he was in talks with liverpool too. its nice to believe in this things but he surely not joined us because we are his "dream club". I nearly never heard of any brazilian who is a chelsea fan since his "childhood". most of brazilian players either want to play for Barca or Madrid or for United and so on. willian is here because of CL Football and more money and not because we are his dream club. we are just a bigger club than Spurs are at the moment, thats why he joined us.

ps: he wanted the move because of AVB and we because we offered him EPL Football and CL football. he didnt really care about our club. it was the opportunity to play for a great league. he aint no luke shaw or lukaku.

That means nothing. Lee Wilkie started his career at Dundee but always supported Dundee United (where he finished his career) My best mate's cousin, Scott Robertson supports Dundee and left them in 2008 to sign for Dundee United. Add into the mix that Michael Owen is a life long Everton fan yet played for Liverpool.

Another key point is that although he nearly signed for Spurs and was in talks with Liverpool it was Chelsea that he ended up at

How can you prove that? Players progress and peak ate different rates. A prime example being Didier Drogba who signed for Chelsea at 26 and went on to improve and play the best football of his career at the club

My main point is that we did not need to pay 30 million for a luxury player when we have more pressing issues like a striker. If we are so reach why did we not just add tht extra 30 million and bought Cavani or Falcao??

My main point is that we did not need to pay 30 million for a luxury player when we have more pressing issues like a striker. If we are so reach why did we not just add tht extra 30 million and bought Cavani or Falcao??

Probably because Jose sees Willian as a player that will improve our team. Willian fits into his system and philosophy therefore it's an astute signing. I don't see why people are still getting up in arms about us improving our team.

Why do you want us to spend £60 million on 1 world class player when we can get 2 for the same price?

GREAT SIGNING!

1. Plenty of games to go around. League, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

2. Players will get tired. Players will get injured. Nothing wrong with depth.

3. We now have the players at Midfield that can win anywhere and anytime even if a couple are out with injuries.

Just need that big striker (Rooney) and I will be estatic.

Superb signing indeed. But clearly there'll be players that would not get the time their talent deserve. With De Bruyne and Willian i'd worry for Oscar... Maybe Moses and Van Ginkel should be loaned, also...

Lukaku is a different story. yeah he is such a big chelsea fan that he nearly joined spurs and he was in talks with liverpool too. its nice to believe in this things but he surely not joined us because we are his "dream club". I nearly never heard of any brazilian who is a chelsea fan since his "childhood". most of brazilian players either want to play for Barca or Madrid or for United and so on. willian is here because of CL Football and more money and not because we are his dream club. we are just a bigger club than Spurs are at the moment, thats why he joined us.

ps: he wanted the move because of AVB and we because we offered him EPL Football and CL football. he didnt really care about our club. it was the opportunity to play for a great league. he aint no luke shaw or lukaku.

its not meant to be a diss towards the player. i do think he will give 100% for our club but this "dream club" talk is just bs.

He nearly joined spurs and Liverpool because they wanted to sign him. He had no idea we intended to but when we made it known he was quick to reject the others and come here (which shows that he obviously wanted to come here). He has been saying for years that he likes Chelsea and even tweeted "Come on Chelsea!" when we were in Munich. I just can't see why its so hard to grasp that there are actually fans of Chelsea in the world, its not like we arent a small club....

Also, Chelsea is one of/if not the most supported clubs in Brazil according to some Brazilians. Wasnt Piazon a fan as well?

Okay, okay.. I belong to the not-so-excited group, but Willian is a great addition and potentially could be one of the best... Whether it's a Jose transfer or not, supporting new players is a job that us fans should always do... Even if we don't like the player, we should support him for a fair amount of time until he fits in 100% and show us everything he can do.

A loan for Moses could make sense but we'll see.

I know. No hard feelings, man.

Haha no worries dude :)

I am just worried that this transfer is going to bring about something even stupider, like Mata to United.

We're Chelsea, we play 60 games a season, we need these quality players throughout the squad. Still can't actually believe this has happened, Yids must hate us as much as they hate Arsenal now, surely. I can only drool at the opportunity of seeing Hazard, Mata and Willian together with Rooney or Eto'o up top. oohh laa laa. Then next game, rest em and bring out KDB, Oscar and Schurrle. Now that's what i call a squad.

Dont understand the whole hoohaa people are going on about why willian signing will threaten other player positions and playing time etc.

We have squad depth now and every player should rightfully be challenged for their starting position throughout the season.

You look at other top european teams and they have massive competition for positions.

Now we have it and they are all quality.

We play way too many games each season and every player will get gametime, rotation and that will keep the squad fresh and fighting the entire season.

That is what stops players getting tired later on in the season and wins titles.

Willian is a fantastic player and is on a similar level as the rest of our midfield.

We have talented players, but did not have sufficient skills and characteristics to play different strategies for different teams. It was all about Mata hazard and oscar and what they could do. If one was out, and they werent that effective, we were unlikely to win games.

Now we have debruyne schurlle and willian , which will swing our gameplay in a completely different style which is going to help us tremendously against different opponents.

Tactically we can set up differently game by game, rather than have the almost exact players playing in one particular way like last season.

This signing is good and the competition will be good too.

No player needs to be mollycoddled in a team like chelsea, they have to work harder and improve every game.

I remember watching him last season and hoped we could buy him, which did not materialise at the time, but this anzhi sellout means we can have him.

I for one am glad.

In the striking department, while most dont agree, i think we can win the league with Lukaku alone.

Our midfield scores enough goals, and should get even more with our new additions.

I believe in Lukaku as well.

Willian will only do the whole team alot of good.