Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well .... Willian a blue!

I am actually very, very happy with this and I only see it s an upgrade of the team, not threat. The only thing I fear for is that the board took this opportunity and will take the foot of the gas for some of the signings we really could use, especially in the pivot (Witsel as said above - Hurraaaaaaa ! )

I can see Oscar dropping to pivot and KDB getting a more central role in turns with Mata (if he stays .... ugh) and Oscar. We have so much quality now that it is becoming scary. This is a good thing - Hazard and Willian on the wings will be something to watch out for. Add Oscar and KDB for build up and crosses and enter a young, enormous, built like a tank finisher such as Lukaku ... wow.

So .... HAPPY

ps: just don't sell or loan KDB or Mata - that would be a huge boner killer.

One thing I'm looking forward to is finding out what the actual transfer fee is. I doubt it's the 30m being reported.

The transfer is starting to make sense to me the more I think about it. I think Mourinho, having spent more time with the players and played some games, has had a rethink and the line-ups/rotations he planned have had to be altered or even scrapped.

Something has changed and I personally think it's to do with Mata's performance against Villa. He was obviously not fully fit but perhaps Mourinho saw something he doesn't like? Might sound extreme and it's just guesswork but I doubt Mata will feature at RW, he'll be competing for CAM with Oscar.

De Bruyne/Willian - Oscar/Mata - Hazard/Schurrle

Moses unfortunate to miss out after a strong pre-season. Or maybe he stays part of the AM rotation and Schurrle moves further forward. Will be very interesting to see how this works out.

Listen to this: the club announced the deal before the work permit, because they know Willian wont get it right now. So they will loan him to Inter de Milao for one season. Next season the club sell Mata and bring Willian back. :blink:

Listen to this: the club announced the deal before the work permit, because they know Willian wont get it right now. So they will loan him to Inter de Milao for one season. Next season the club sell Mata and bring Willian back. :blink:

Your thoughts are pretty scary to me

I'm gonna be honest - I've avoided this thread since our interest ramped up again and that's not because I'm against this signing. Personally I don't think it's massively necessary but I trust the club and I'll always support any player who wears the blue with pride.

But there was a really nasty undercurrent that cropped up in the Schurrle transfer. People who didn't like him or were worried about him cutting into the playing time of other players were not just writing him off, but seemingly willing him to fail before he even kicked a ball. That isn't something I've ever seen before in this club's support, or many others either.

So whilst I'm not the biggest fan of this transfer, I'm willing to suspend my own reservations and get behind someone who is undoubtably a fantastic talent. Welcome to the club Willian, and I hope you contribute to our golden future. :yes:

Really?

Willian from last season compared to our players from last season

1001258_514306571979544_959296370_n.jpg

Gotta to show the caliber of Mata to beat off competition from shit leagues like the ones in Russia and Ukraine (no offence) while playing in the most demanding and challenging league in the world

What are the odds for him getting a workpermit? Cause he's no member of the Brazilian international team, is he?

Doesn't he need to have played 75% of games for national team to get one?

Few brazilians that got into PL had 75% of games for national team. Luiz did not have 75% of games, same to Oscar. Not sure if thats a problem.

Meu sonho se tornou realidade!! Estou muito feliz por estar no melhor clube do mundo!! Obrigado Senhor… http://instagram.com/p/db9n5_QJV4/

don't know if someone translated it. I'm on page 100 :lol:

'My dream came true. I'm very happy to be in the best team in the world. Thank You, Lord'

That's kind of silly don't you think? Had he gone to Tottenham you think they were willing to spend £30M on a guy they didn't think could get a Visa?

He's gonna be here and so will Mata...

Even though a bit needless but our most exciting signing of this summer imo,Willian is class and will only improve the team.Btw people saying that we should have improved our midfield first are correct but we only have been linked with de rossi this summer so i think Jose is satisfied with our midfield.Hopefully jose realizes sooner rather then later that a top class midfielder is extremely important for our success especially in europe and that we cannot rely on the likes of essien and lampard now.

What are you smoking now?

The only place to be, on 25 Aug 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:snapback.png

I can't think of a time we've spent £30 million on a player and been this unexcited about a player. He's a fantastic talent without doubt but it doesn't radically redefine our team in any great way, like the Hazard signing did.

I think expectations will be so balanced that he'll surprise a lot of people with his performances but I can't see too many people watching his first interview or anything like that.

Hazard did not radically redefined the team. A player alone (Messi or Ronaldo aside) cannot redefine a team on his own. What redefine a team is the way the manager choose to use the players he has at his disposal. If you say that Hazard redefined the team, it wasn't to a new great way, since last season we were trashed by Atletico, humiliated by Shaktar and had to play in Europa League because the team wasn't good enough to be at least 2nd in a group that Juventus got in 1st. But the team had the poor run because RDM kew very little about the game.

No surprise that Hazards best games were under Benitez. Hazard alone cannot radically redefine the team, he is player that would fit Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid but he also would be perfect in Mourinho's old 4-3-3 Chelsea. All those teams are 4 completely different animals. So Willian is not the kind of player do "radically redefine the team", because we dont even have a team, and because perhaps there are few players in the world that could do such a thing on their own. Mourinho is the one who will redefine the team, and of course its related to the quality he has at his disposal. More quality players means he has more options to create a good team.