Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna be honest - I've avoided this thread since our interest ramped up again and that's not because I'm against this signing. Personally I don't think it's massively necessary but I trust the club and I'll always support any player who wears the blue with pride.

But there was a really nasty undercurrent that cropped up in the Schurrle transfer. People who didn't like him or were worried about him cutting into the playing time of other players were not just writing him off, but seemingly willing him to fail before he even kicked a ball. That isn't something I've ever seen before in this club's support, or many others either.

So whilst I'm not the biggest fan of this transfer, I'm willing to suspend my own reservations and get behind someone who is undoubtably a fantastic talent. Welcome to the club Willian, and I hope you contribute to our golden future. :yes:

Just because some raised their concerns about this or other transfers, it doenst mean they wint get behind the club an the player!

People in here hae a masive misconception that you cant express your negative opinions because this means you want to harm Chelsea. Whenever someone in here has a point of view that contradicts the direction in which the club is going, they are all of a sudden a bad/plastic fan...

Me, BluesMaster, Skipper, Strike, etc, will all support Willian and hope he succeeds. But we are also allowed to point out stuff we dont necessarily agree with. Saying you are against a transfer and the outcomes it may bring is entirely different than wanting the player to fail and root against it while he is playing for us.

If you havent seen supporters expressing their opinions, even if they are criticism to their own clubs before, you honestly havent seen other club's supporters at all.

I hate when people act like they are the only ones wanting what is best an the rest is just wishing what is worst.

some people seem to be on the idea that Jose has never made a shit signing in his career before

You don't really have to say some people. I believe the forum has the tagging option . ;)

Once again, I never meant that. All I was on about is the fact that people question him, and all him stupid cause of signing a player that increases depth. Last year it was "THIN SQUAD, OMFG WE NEED TO SIGN PLAYERS" and now its " OMFG SO MANY PLAYERS' . Just to clear it, just like I had a misunderstanding with BluesMaster I don't mean you.

Those shit signings came due to what the technical director does. Since Emenalo came in, we've never really had a bad one, unless you count Torres, but Roman had a direct effect on that. Managers just tell the kind of player they want, Technical Directors and statistic experts find such players. Read the book Soccernomics , they explain in detail . :)

Just because some raised their concerns about this or other transfers, it doenst mean they wint get behind the club an the player!

People in here hae a masive misconception that you cant express your negative opinions because this means you want to harm Chelsea. Whenever someone in here has a point of view that contradicts the direction in which the club is going, they are all of a sudden a bad/plastic fan...

Me, BluesMaster, Skipper, Strike, etc, will all support Willian and hope he succeeds. But we are also allowed to point out stuff we dont necessarily agree with. Saying you are against a transfer and the outcomes it may bring is entirely different than wanting the player to fail and root against it while he is playing for us.

If you havent seen supporters expressing their opinions, even if they are criticism to their own clubs before, you honestly havent seen other club's supporters at all.

I hate when people act like they are the only ones wanting what is best an the rest is just wishing what is worst.

hope once again that doesn;t involve me. I wasn't one bit generalizing. Only aiming at those who apparently believe that Mourinho's lost it cause he's gone on to buy a player they don't seem to like. Nothing against the fans. I'm 110% sure, that everyone atleast in this forum is behind their club. :)

Oh joy. If that is the case, then why do we all even bother of discussing about transfers or anything related to the club if everything they do is right and we all that have pea size of a brain is wrong?! :doh:

To make ourselves feel important?

Also you're confusing brain size with knowledge. I'm simply saying there's nothing wrong with entering into a discussion with the position of 'I don't know'. You decided to reference just Jose in this transfer when that's a factually incorrect way of describing how our transfer dealings work. We've been interested in Willian for a couple of years now.

Of course of course. We question the manager's decision and we are deemed to be an average football fan. How typical...

You can question the manager's decision, but shouldn't you be questioning the whole club's decision?

Would you liked to be viewed as something other than an 'average football fan'?

If people try to use one of the three braincells they have, they will realize Mata wont be sold. We dont have ANYONE who can take his place and do that kind of magic and creativity, at least behind the striker. The only one who can match that is Hazard.

People dont understand how vital Mata is to us. Mourinho knows that aswell. ANd there is NO CHANCE IN HELL we would strenghten Uniteds squad by offering someone like Mata.

FYI - most people on this board have more than 3 brain cells. That isn't a dig at you, just a fact.

Anyway, we have players like De Bruyne and Oscar who have shown the ability to supply that creativity behind the striker. They haven't done it over two seasons like Mata did, but let's not whitewash Mata's Chelsea career. He can blow hot and cold and has had some absolute stinkers. He's been a fantastic player for us in seasons when we haven't mounted a consistent title challenge - that's a fact. It doesn't mean he should be sold but it's not inconceivable that he might.

This isn't just Jose though - this is our scouting department who have been very good roughly since Emenalo came in, both in acquiring talent and developing them either in-house or putting them out on loan.

Sure people can say they might not fully understand this deal, but there is the small caveat that their footballing knowledge is rather minuscule in comparison to the people the club employs and their familiarity with the deal and the club's plans for this player are slightly above non-existent.

So your saying the clubs scouts, Emenalo and Jose know more than some of the top managers on here? mmm controversial mate :)

After the work permit is accepted, yes !

thanks, lovelies :)

Well, I'm not exactly a supporter of the deal - I think we should have other priorities, but then again I don't know if they tried other players and were rejected...

It's quality and I shared earlier what I think Mou has in mind (although who knows?) - in the Mata thread - and I hope it improves us considerably because 32M is a lot of money.

I haven't said anything about people who raised concerns - I specficially alluded to those who took it a little further than I'd seen before. I made that very clear. Please comment on my posts rather than what you think I've written. :yes:

I'm also all for people raising valid concerns about transfers, but sometimes there's a clear lack of understanding about how a player will fit into the side and that's totally understandable - I can't say for certain where he'll fit but I admit that. That's my starting position and I go from there.

Ok?

Mourinho himself said Mata is staying, so what the fuck are u on about?

And Mourinho isn't beyond bending the truth if it suits him. There's no reason to say a player is for sale unless it is absolutely necessary. I'm simply pointing out it's not inconceivable that it might happen if circumstances dictated it.

So that's what the fuck I'm on about, ok? :yes:

What's this? A Dirty Green fan supporting a Ex-Timao player? Is Henrique down w/ you too on this? What is the World coming to? We are in the End of Days :Goober:

I haven't said anything about people who raised concerns - I specficially alluded to those who took it a little further than I'd seen before. I made that very clear. Please comment on my posts rather than what you think I've written. :yes:

I'm also all for people raising valid concerns about transfers, but sometimes there's a clear lack of understanding about how a player will fit into the side and that's totally understandable - I can't say for certain where he'll fit but I admit that. That's my starting position and I go from there.

Ok?

Ok, I thought you implied those who were questioning the club and Jose were not doing their 'job' as a fan. :)

What's this? A Dirty Green fan supporting a Ex-Timao player? Is Henrique down w/ you too on this? What is the World coming to? We are in the End of Days :Goober:

I will never support anyone from Curinthian, I will definitely unfollow Willian on Twitter! :Goober: