Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh really? Mourinho didnt even had talks with Anzhi about Willian, it was all overnight with a call from ROMAN to the Russians.

And he said Willian will add quality(and he will), but it will make us have to get rid of some players. I dont want us to spend 30mi on a luxury that can harm someone else, even if it is Moses. This is just a move we dont desperately need, which would be fine if we had all other issues covered, but we dont. Where is the new DM/CM? Where is the new ST? Where is the confirmation that Mata wont leave in the expense of this deal?

We cant even tell if he really wants the dude or he just wants to send a message to Levy, AVB and the whole league.

So tell me, what if this is in the portion that wont work?

1- Mourinho himself said today that Mata is not leaving; Want better confirmation than that?

2- Van Ginkel is a new DM/CM.

3- The window is not close yet, and sopme days ago many people were saying Lukaku was a beast, and now if you dont want a new player to "harm someone else", so why are you asking for a new striker? A new striker (CF, you mean) will only harm Lukaku, he wont take as many chances as he would right now;

OMG!!

I come on here Wednesday and all I get is - we were shit, couldn't break any teams down, we had no width...

We sign a WINGER and yes, of course - it's a shit signing, stupid, not needed!!!

What the fuck is going on with this forum? It's REALLY DEPRESSING ME...

Someone else posted a GIF earlier and it showed our passes and %'s and there was not one through ball behind a high Aston Villa defensive line... Doesn't that tell you something?

I like the idea of 2 electric fast wingers - dragging the opposition defence all over the place - I think Hazard + Willian is probably just behind Ronaldo + Bale (if it happens)... And yet we are still complaining?

Rooney when it was announced was derided as shit, past it, not needed - now suddenly he's the fucking Messiah?

I just don't get this attitude on the forum anymore and I'm really sad to say I can see myself participating less and less in the future .

I used to love the excitement of logging on and seeing some great posts and joining in great threads - sure there were some bust ups, but now the forum seems petty and childish - and that's probably due to the fact it is younger people participating...

Maybe we could have a mirror forum for the over 30's? Where only posts if you are >30 and have donated via PayPal work? I'm not slagging off the youngsters - but my observation is that they have turned this awesome forum into a war zone...

I cannot believe in the year Mourinho returns, 2 wins out of 2 - people are STILL complaining!! I'm not saying don't question the signings or have an opinion - but lets be balanced at least!

#TheEnd?

^ through balls are often played by DMs or AMFs and not so often by wingers. also through balls dont get you anything if you havent got one proper striker who makes the right runs and finishes the opponent off. nobody is saying that willian is a bad player, but splashing out 30 m for someone in which position we have KDB, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Schürrle and Moses looks kinda weird or not?

our biggest problem against Villa was that we didnt have enough movement and that Ba always ran in to offside and futhermore, our DM wasnt able to build-up the game and to create something. lamps is a legend, but he is for no means a DM who can pass the ball and build-up or organzie the game. and ramires is more a destroyer and a B2B midfielder than someone who is creative. of course we wont get worse by signing Willian, but for this sort of money we could've signed a striker or a much needed DM.

I guess all we need is now 2 defenders from Belgium or Brazil and we are set.

Courtois

Wallace - David Luiz - XXX - XXX

Oscar - Ramires

De Bruyne - Willian - Hazard

Lukaku

Brazilian and Belgian national teams would become too dependent on us :D

1- Mourinho himself said today that Mata is not leaving; Want better confirmation than that?

2- Van Ginkel is a new DM/CM.

3- The window is not close yet, and sopme days ago many people were saying Lukaku was a beast, and now if you dont want a new player to "harm someone else", so why are you asking for a new striker? A new striker (CF, you mean) will only harm Lukaku, he wont take as many chances as he would right now;

1. Mourinho was the same one saying we wouldnt buy any more players. Get real, what he said or says to the media means fuck all!

2. MVG is one of the players we need, he wont solve all the problems we continuosly showed last season on the pivot.

3. I agree with that, but it doesnt make my concerns any less valid just because the transfer window isnt over. I guess if you were an Arsenal fan, you wouldnt be worried at all since the window is not closed yet, lol.

our biggest problem against Villa was that we didnt have enough movement and that Ba always ran in to offside and futhermore, our DM wasnt able to build-up the game and to create something.

It also didn't help that whenever Mata or Oscar got the ball in space out wide, they would come back inside where Villa had 3 midfielders waiting to stop that.

Will you jump off an airplane without a parachute just because Mourinho said you should?

Believe me, I have faith in Mourinho. Doesn't mean I have to blindly agree with everything he does. Think for yourself.

what aspect of football would require me to jump out of a plane? Your mistaking faith for suicide fella

^ through balls are often played by DMs or AMFs and not so often by wingers. also through balls dont get you anything if you havent got one proper striker who makes the right runs and finishes the opponent off. nobody is saying that willian is a bad player, but splashing out 30 m for someone in which position we have KDB, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Schürrle and Moses looks kinda weird or not?

our biggest problem against Villa was that we didnt have enough movement and that Ba always ran in to offside and futhermore, our DM wasnt able to build-up the game and to create something. lamps is a legend, but he is for no means a DM who can pass the ball and build-up or organzie the game. and ramires is more a destroyer and a B2B midfielder than someone who is creative. of course we wont get worse by signing Willian, but for this sort of money we could've signed a striker or a much needed DM.

I didn't say we don't have the players to make through balls - I meant we don't have the movement or width for players to effectively use through balls - e.g Fast Wingers making intelligent runs and not leaving everything to the Striker...

So EVERY striker we have signed barring Drogba (freak :)) has been shit? -

BA - proven goal scorer in the prem, comes here = shit

Lukaku - ripped it up at WBA

Torres - was good now average

Even AVERAGE strikers can score goals with the right service and I'm sorry - our playing style does not work for a single striker - it's a fallacy we have deluded ourselves with for years...

Go watch us when we had Robben + Duff on the wings - we literally raped everybody - that was Mourinho at his best, if he brings that brand of football back I will be delighted...

So you lot in here are suddenly better equipped to judge Whether a signing is nonsensical based on a failure(broke the Barca dominance with a record points haul by the way) at Madrid...? brilliant! Im sure your fantasy teams are a force to be reckoned with

And a manager in his first year broke it last season. Means nothing.

His Madrid spell was a failure especially with the amount of money they spent and his individual credentials.

majority of clubs have 3 strikers competing for one spot and you're all complaining about us having 7 people for 3 positions? give me a break, a good depth is what we were missing those last few years.

it's just that i'm not sure if Willian, for that price, is what we should be aiming at.

And a manager in his first year broke it last season. Means nothing.

His Madrid spell was a failure especially with the amount of money they spent and his individual credentials.

Can we not rake up that old argument again FFS....

majority of clubs have 3 strikers competing for one spot and you're all complaining about us having 7 people for 3 positions? give me a break, a good depth is what we were missing those last few years.

it's just that i'm not sure if Willian, for that price, is what we should be aiming at.

It is one thing to have 1 great player, 1 good player and 1 backup competing for one spot.

It is another thing to have 6 really good/great player competing for 3 spots