Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

So you lot in here are suddenly better equipped to judge Whether a signing is nonsensical based on a failure(broke the Barca dominance with a record points haul by the way) at Madrid...? brilliant! Im sure your fantasy teams are a force to be reckoned with

So we must blindly follow anything Mourinho says/does?

This is ridiculous.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous.

No, but saying "we don't need him" is ridiculous when Mourinho is the manager who knows what he needs to get his team playing, how he wants.

TBH I am not worried about KDB's playing time.The guy is versatile as hell he can play CAM,RW,LW,CM in a 4-3-3 not to mention he is the best crosser in our team by a country mile so imo he'll get plenty of playing time.I think this move might influence schurrle's playing time.Although i find this transfer very needless I would be lying if I say that I am not excited about seeing the flair and dribbling ability of willian in a chelsea shirt.

This is ridiculous.

No...what we must do is go on the internet and complain every time Jose does something we dont agree with / understand.

No, but saying "we don't need him" is ridiculous when Mourinho is the manager who knows what he needs to get his team playing, how he wants.

Did we need to sign him though? Were we weak in the attacking midfield area? Answer those questions, and then you'll see it isn't ridiculous to say that there really isn't a need for Willian as things stand now. Of course, there are a few more days left in the transfer window and things could change but as things stand right now it doesn't look promising in terms of squad make up.

No...what we must do is go on the internet and complain every time Jose does something we dont agree with / understand.

What so hang on, we aren't allowed to voice our opinions on whatever is happening regarding Chelsea?

Or more specifically, we aren't allowed to say anything if we disagree with Jose?

Fantastic. Let me deregister myself from the forums. :clown:

Did you talk to Mourinho? How do you know he thinks we need him? What if he is only replacing an imminent trade of Rooney and Mata?

Mourinho is not the only one with a voice inside Chelsea and we dont know wheather he trully wants Willian or he just doesnt want Willian at Spurs...

Jose is not a God and people can actually be right even by contradicting him. Dont tell me you actually think he did things right in Madrid or that letting Mata go (which we can only speculate) would be a good move.

Did we need to sign him though? Were we weak in the attacking midfield area? Answer those questions, and then you'll see it isn't ridiculous to say that there really isn't a need for Willian as things stand now. Of course, there are a few more days left in the transfer window and things could change but as things stand right now it doesn't look promising in terms of squad make up.

Well no we didn't need to sign him, but that's only from a fan's perspective. Mourinho said he lied about being happy with the squad, so there's something he obviously wanted or didn't see in our current attacking midfielders - and just guessing by Willian's style of play, we will have someone more direct than KDB, Oscar and Mata. Someone who is very tricky and we will have 2 explosive players on both wings.

Repeating myself here but, we won't sign a player the manager doesn't need, especially not for 30m.

Yes but even then, think we all have a right to question the manager's decision, even if it's Mourinho.

Honestly, it feels as though many have treated Mourinho as some kind of god here. It's like he can do no wrong and whatever he does should be praised and not allowed to criticize. Pretty sure the situation would have been entirely different if someone else is our manager instead.

What so hang on, we aren't allowed to voice our opinions on whatever is happening regarding Chelsea?

Or more specifically, we aren't allowed to say anything if we disagree with Jose?

Fantastic. Let me deregister myself from the forums. :clown:

Football is a funny sport. Everyone seems to think they know better. No one is saying you cant disagree, but I cant see what he has done wrong during this brief amount of time.

I was actually very skeptical about this signing at the start but looking at youtube vids and thinking about this, this would be such a good signing. Willian firstly seems like a good dribbler, similar to Hazard. Hazard on the LW and possibly putting Willian on the right. Ramires/Oscar and Lampard in the pivot. Mata and Schurrle being the CAM.

This guy seems to know what he is doing, he seems like a physically strong player too which is a huge plus. We've been needing this for sometime, Drogba provided it. Now possibly with this signing, Moses and Mikel are out?? I would like Moses to be loaned out for a season and see what he does. But Willian is definitely a better player than Moses and Mikel.

I understand that we are in needs of a striker but this is something good for us.

Did you talk to Mourinho? How do you know he thinks we need him? What if he is only replacing an imminent trade of Rooney and Mata?

Mourinho is not the only one with a voice inside Chelsea and we dont know wheather he trully wants Willian or he just doesnt want Willian at Spurs...

Jose is not a God and people can actually be right even by contradicting him. Dont tell me you actually think he did things right in Madrid.

This is Mourinho we're talking about, not RDM who will simply be a yes man. If he doesn't want the player, he won't be close to signing. Just listen to his presser, "we were trying to hide it last press conference" "Managers lie when they say they're happy with squad, and always looking for more quality"

And no one said he's god, but it is still his team. And he will make whatever decisions he sees fit; some will work, some won't. It's all part of the job.

What's the point of even having a forum if we can't share opinions?

Quite the frankly, the "in Mou we trust" argument is getting old already.

We all have our opinions and we should all be able to share them without being told that we are ridiculous to disagree with a manager.

Should I just watch TV and listen blindlessly to everything everyone in the football industry says or does just because football is their life and it's not mine?

Should we then say things like "oh well this politician has studied all those things, he must know better, I shouldn't even want to disagree with him" ?

Intolerance and one track thinking : that's what's ridiculous !

The plan is to play with real wingers instead of playing like a copy of Barcelona without quality.

4 good/great players like Mata, Oscar, Hazard and De Bruyne don't make a good attacking midfield line because 3 of them are CAM without any posibility of unbalance the oposite defence.

Willian is a player like Hazard, with quality and he can beat a defender on 1vs1 situations. Something that we have in Moses and Schurle but at this moment they are not good enough.

This attacking midfield that we have it's unbalanced, and lacks players with diferent qualities.

I think this is a key sign for us. We need a ST, maybe we need a DM, but in terms of our style the problem that we have are our wingers.

A starting eleven like this is really good:

--------------Ronney-------------------

Hazard----Mata-----------Willian----

---------Ramires----Lampard--------

Cole---Luiz----TErry----Ivanovic----

--------------Cech----------------------

It's really strong and I think it will work. With the players we had I think it wouldn't.