Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be one of the worst signings in recent history simply because of the fact that it makes no sense in terms of squad make up and because £32m for Willian is overpriced. He's a good player but we're absolutely stacked in the position he plays in so there's no point whatsoever, hence why it'd be a very bad signing.

I really can't believe people are happy this could be happening.

Oh i am not happy with it in the sense i would much rather seen the money used elsewhere and it makes 0 sense for us to sign him and it raises a lot of questions, but i have seen worse transfers.

Big news about Willian's proposed move to the Premier League:word from a very reliable source has just filtered through to Guardian Towers that the Brazilian midfielder will not - repeat not - be moving to Tottenham. Despite completing a medical at White Hart Lane, he is no longer interested in a move to Spurs. In so far as you can presume anything in this game, it would appear he's off to Chelsea instead.

Big news about Willian's proposed move to the Premier League: word from a very reliable source has just filtered through to Guardian Towers that the Brazilian midfielder will not - repeat not - be moving to Tottenham. Despite completing a medical at White Hart Lane, he is no longer interested in a move to Spurs. In so far as you can presume anything in this game, it would appear he's off to Chelsea instead

Big news about Willian's proposed move to the Premier League:word from a very reliable source has just filtered through to Guardian Towers that the Brazilian midfielder will not - repeat not - be moving to Tottenham. Despite completing a medical at White Hart Lane, he is no longer interested in a move to Spurs. In so far as you can presume anything in this game, it would appear he's off to Chelsea instead.

SCooore!!!!

Again guys, if we're really considering Willian maybe it's because Jose wants to play him strictly out wide to provide us with more width. I think Jose would have him rotating with Schurrle at LW which would mean Moses would likely have to be moved on.

I know it's only been 2 games, but look how hard we found it for large parts of them trying to unlock these defenses who just park their entire teams around the box. Notice how when we got it out wide and spread them out it was much more effective. When opponents defend really narrowly it negates our attacking midfield.

Willian or Schurrle on the left, Mata or Oscar as #10's, and Hazard or De Bruyne on the right. And they can all rotate at will. That's incredible, title winning depth right there.

We've already got title winning depth in the attacking midfield section of our squad so there's no need to add to it when we've got other areas in the squad that still need addressing. We need a technical striker, a new midfielder for the pivot, a CB, a new LB to replace Cole later on, maybe another new midfielder as Lampard is getting on as well and maybe even again look at a new striker to improve our strikeforce before I'd even look at touching the attacking midfield area.

Signing Willian will certainly not give us a more impotent ability to unlock defences, he offers nothing new IMO. We have what he does in the players we have already. Signing Willian for £30m+ would be one of the most idiotic things I've seen in a while.

Not a dig at you but most people who want this transfer to go through are really just getting excited because it's potential a new signing and because of the fact we appear to be stopping Spurs from getting him more than anything else. They're not thinking about how it'll actually effect the team.

As I said before. It'd be a ridiculously bad signing in my honest opinion.

If only someone would come out and tell us that Mata won't leave no matter what and Willian's transfer has nothing to do with him...

Willian is a great prospect, and in normal conditions I'd be more than happy to hear that we're interested, not to mention about the cockblock against Spurs. Despite all this talk about having too many midfielders in that area, I'd trust Jose in chosing the best options. But with all these rumours about him coming = Mata leaving all I can do is pray that Spurs, Liverpool or whoever else will sign the Brazilian.

We've already got title winning depth in the attacking midfield section of our squad so there's no need to add to it when we've got other areas in the squad that still need addressing. We need a technical striker, a new midfielder for the pivot, a CB, a new LB to replace Cole later on, maybe another new midfielder as Lampard is getting on as well and maybe even again look at a new striker to improve our strikeforce before I'd even look at touching the attacking midfield area.

Signing Willian will certainly not give us a more impotent ability to unlock defences, he offers nothing new IMO. We have what he does in the players we have already. Signing Willian for £30m+ would be one of the most idiotic things I've seen in a while.

Not a dig at you but most people who want this transfer to go through are really just getting excited because it's potential a new signing more than anything else. They're not thinking about how it'll actually effect the team.

As I said before. It'd be a ridiculously bad signing in my honest opinion.

I certainly agree with you on the ridiculous fee. For that kind of cash we could buy a world class player in CM. I think Willian would be highly effective for us, though.

I personally wouldn't be bothered if he was bought, but wouldn't be upset or anything if he isn't. As long as it has no impact on Mata staying or leaving. You're right that this is the last area on the pitch that we should be buying in.

Guys I'm thinking its not such a bad idea... Playing Mata as the CAM that he is so good at for us and then playing Willian/De Bruyne as our RW. Oscar can always play as a CM or fill in for Mata when he aint playing. Yeah! That means Moses and Mikel would likely leave, so be it. Mikel is too slow for our new type of play, Moses is just too average. Its such a pity though, because I'm a Nigerian and would miss having them in our team if they leave.... But my chelsea is more important to me than every other thing. What I'm not too sure of... Is Willian the cutting in kind of winger?? Because Mata can't do that for us, and jose wants that for us.

just lol at Spurs, the player passed the medical and everything seemed to be done and now this :D it really shows how small they are compared to other clubs in question

I do not think it´s the size of the Spurs. Willian wants to play in CL & Chelsea offered it.

But, really I still think what we need the most is a super goal scoring striker and a DM who can pass so well. Is Willian left or right footed... Don't seem to rememeber that about him. Would apprecite it if someone helps me with that info please. Thanks

Jose had his 1st press conference when the Cavani saga was at its "boiling point" and not a fucking single journalist asked him about Cavani... I wouldn't be surprised if no journalist won't ask him about Willian.

Well, that was his first PC since the return so everyone had the question 'Are you still the Special One' in mind. That PC was all about him, simple as.