Exclusive - de Goey: 'Chelsea can go the whole season unbeaten'

Tomo

Ed de Goey believes Chelsea can go the whole season unbeaten and snatch the Premier League trophy from underneath Manchester United's nose.

The Blues currently sit nine points behind the Red Devils in the table with a game in hand and still have to play Sir Alex Ferguson's men at Old Trafford.

Chelsea beat Manchester City 2-0 on Sunday to extend their unbeaten run to seven and now the former Blues stopper claims they might not lose again this season.

Speaking to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show, he said: "It's an exciting time now at Stamford Bridge, some bad results from Man united and Arsenal have given Chelsea another lifeline for the Premier League title.

"Chelsea can go the whole season unbeaten, the only thing they have do to is win all of their games and wait for slip-ups from the teams above.

"I think Chelsea are showing signs that they can win and play well in games, Manchester United over the last few weeks are dropping points that they normally don't do.

When asked about Chelsea's latest defensive signing, David Luiz, de Goey went on to say

"David Luiz is a quality player; he showed that yesterday, he's a good signing for Chelsea."

http://www.talksport...season-unbeaten

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really good to see that we still get support from our old players and he was a great servant to us aswell. It was a shame his carer with us petered out really. Glad to see he still wants us to win.

Going back to the topic do you agree with Ed, do you think we can pull it off?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it goof troop means the rest of the season unbeaten,not the whole season.

I don't see why not though,man for man we're better than Manure,infact we were better than them before Luiz and Torres came along.

Guest justin_3d

It's easier to come and talk now when Chelsea is doing better.

Did not heard hardly nothing from anybody back in jan or early feb when Chelsea was at the bottom.

It's easier to jump in bandwagon....

It's easier to come and talk now when Chelsea is doing better.

Did not heard hardly nothing from anybody back in jan or early feb when Chelsea was at the bottom.

It's easier to jump in bandwagon....

Things really looked bad back then.

Guest justin_3d

Things really looked bad back then.

That's why i said, it's easier to say it now when everything is going good, and not when it's going bad.

It takes real guts to put your name on the line to say something when a team is doing bad.

That's why i said, it's easier to say it now when everything is going good, and not when it's going bad.

It takes real guts to put your name on the line to say something when a team is doing bad.

Takes guts to come on here and go against the majority and say Carlo is getting it wrong with things like formation and team selection.

Luckily I've got guts.

I don't know what it takes, but things were bad even for a glass half full fans.

Guest justin_3d

Takes guts to come on here and go against the majority and say Carlo is getting it wrong with things like formation and team selection.

Luckily I've got guts.

I don't think is that.

Now that we got Torres and David Luiz he can change the formation. Was not the case before.

So don't see nothing much of this, as he showed last season he can do good changes with a bigger team.

I don't know what it takes, but things were bad even for a glass half full fans.

Well i wrote that piece of why Chelsea can win the CL and how we will change our form because of this. And not just me but a lot of people believe in that.

Only a few non believers.

So like i said, it take guts to come out and say something like that when everything looks bad.

True fan will always believe! :)

I don't think is that.

Now that we got Torres and David Luiz he can change the formation. Was not the case before.

So don't see nothing much of this, as he showed last season he can do good changes with a bigger team.

So he couldn't change formation before we got them 2 in January?

We had 4 strikers and 4 central defenders before we signed them 2. I don't see whats changed.

Guest justin_3d

So he couldn't change formation before we got them 2 in January?

We had 4 strikers and 4 central defenders before we signed them 2. I don't see whats changed.

A lot has changed.

And he can do more rotation as well now.Torres can start, and get the players worn out. Then bring in Drogba for the kill!

We've hit form at the right time.

8 wins out of our nine remaining matches will win us the title.

As long as that one game we don't win isn't the Man u game,and it's a draw not a defeat. Then yes I think we may well.

If only they didn't fluke it against Bolton the other day.

Stoke vs Chelsea = Can definitely win there, tough but should do it.

Chelsea vs Wigan = We should win this game, would be a disaster if we don't.

WBA vs Chelsea = Again, a game we really should win

Chelsea vs Birmingham = Another 'should win' game.

Chelsea vs West Ham = Yet another game that we really should win.

Chelsea vs Tottenham = Home advantage, tough game against a very good team but again, we should win it.

Manchester United vs Chelsea = The toughest game but nothing to worry about. We have a great record there, could depend on what happens in the UCL. We can win there tho.

Chelsea vs Newcastle = Home, should win.

Everton vs Chelsea = Very tough game, but again, they arent having the best of seasons and we can definitely win there.

I believe we will win 7 of these games, could win them all but probably wont because we never do lol but seriously, this is a good looking run-in on paper. We should go into this run in fit, fresh and hungry. Excited!

I believe we will win 7 of these games, could win them all but probably wont because we never do lol but seriously, this is a good looking run-in on paper. We should go into this run in fit, fresh and hungry. Excited!

And if you now compared it to Man United fixtures, you gotta say there is quite a nice chance we can win it.

We could do with United drawing with Arsenal at the Emirates and losing at West Ham :whistling:

In all seriousness, we're in the best position at the moment. Nine points with a game in hand means our chances are slim (people are assuming we've already beaten Birmingham, they will be fighting for their lives to avoid the drop), but all the pressure is on United. Arsenal have blown their chance and will not win the league. They should be the Carling Cup winners and be two points clear at the minute, but instead they've gone from quadruple 'contention' (we all knew that wasn't really the case, but you know what I mean) to the Arsenal we all loathe and hate. Fantastic!

Also we have to appreciate games like West Brom away will be frightfully hard. They don't have bad home records, these sides down the bottom, and they need the points more than we do.