Wayne Rooney

J.F.

See Rooney and Lukaku taking the minutes in the EPL, CL, and then Islam could have minutes in LC and early FA Cup. Rooney adds more depth and a tactical options, and could form a good partnership with Lukaku - both have two different styles of play, or could be used differently. See Romelu as the pacey poacher and Rooney as the hard-working all rounder.

Yeah I agree with your descriptions on all three but I don't think Feruz is ready yet to be the third choice striker. He's stagnated a bit as well IMO. I think Bamford is even more ready than Islam.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree with your descriptions on all three but I don't think Feruz is ready yet to be the third choice striker. He's stagnated a bit as well IMO. I think Bamford is even more ready than Islam.

Well. any young striker - Bamford albeit - i don't think we would need more than two all-out strikers under Jose. With Rooney and Romelu we can change the styles and the tactics, offers more depth and with a younger/less-tamed striker as our third we can have an eager option to impress, but it would only work if Jose is willing to give him chances more than he has with De Bruyne.

Having an eager striker on the bench could change matches and scorelines - like Man Utd had with Ferguson.

What, do you think we'll get rid of all three strikers we have today?

Ba we wont keep for sure.

Torres, well, I say we get rid of this cancer once and for all.

I doubt we'll run with 2 strikers only, so that leaves Eto.

Not sure we are going to let Ba go unless we sign a striker in January.

Eto'o's pretty much gone in the summer unless he becomes uber productive in the second half of the season. He was a temporary thing anyway.

I seriously doubt Torres staying beyond the summer if another striker comes and we keep Lukaku next season.

Bring in Rooney, keep Lukaku and Ba and we're good to do.

Wazza- Lukaku- Ba seem pretty versatile.

Why do you guys think ManUTD would like to sell Rooney. He is basically their best player atm. Withought him they will actually be relegated.

Why do you think he wants to stay? Seeing how crap united are atm and the possibility to miss out on CL next season plus the fact that he hasn't signed a new contract yet .If he thought about leaving last summer, he will most certainly consider it next summer. And I highly doubt they can afford to let him just sit out his contract.

As we all see another Shrek´s saga on, I cannot see it happening. Van der Puss injured, Manures can not afford to sell Rooney.

I am almost convinced that a deal has been agreed with Lewandowski. Therefore, the Shrek is just another dead duck being used to sell papers.

This is the type of striker we actualy need. Even when he doesnt score, he still contributes lot to the game.

Doubt ManU will sell him and even if they do, there are plenty of europe clubs that might be interested like Barca, Real or Psg. But he might want to stay in england and I doubt he would like to join City or Arsenal. Leaving us as best choice. Also if United miss on CL, Im sure he will want to leave, again. And for United, better to get some money as long as they can...

Why do you guys think ManUTD would like to sell Rooney. He is basically their best player atm. Withought him they will actually be relegated.

contract expires in 2015 so this summer i'd bet on Rooney leaving United

unlikely. he's looked to leave twice in the last 2 years. surely things haven't got any better now.

Listen, we both know that if he REALLY wanted to leave he would have left already. He is obviously playing games and not being serious.

• 3 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You