Chelsea 2-0 Man City

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say frustrating, I would say that we're resigned to the fact that the money is elsewhere and as long as the financial rules are what they are then we can't compete with the big boys. That doesn't mean we can't be competitive but being able to hold onto players for another year or two makes a huge difference. Imagine coming up against us next season in the Champions League if our starting 11 included Luiz, Ramires, Coentrao, DiMaria, Saviola, Aimar. Those 6 started for us 2 years ago and next year I believe the only one left will be Saviola. It sucks, but we can't control it. The more successful we are, the more sought after our players are, and the more we end up rotating our squad. Same thing happens with Porto. If we end up in the Europa League final against eachother like a lot of people are predicting then it will only accelerate the cycle but all we can do is enjoy the ride and hope that one of our homegrown boys goes onto legendary status.

Agree on everything you said mate. Both Portuguese clubs play some attractive football and they do develop a lot of young stars who are taken by big clubs (no disrespect but Benfica and Porto are also Big European clubs by history).