Blackpool 1-3 Chelsea

James

By the way, has it occurred to anyone, the reason Drogba & Torres haven't worked together is because they've barely had 90minutes to do so? :rolleyes:

They shouldn't be written off so soon. Anelka & Torres have had the most time together on the pitch and they've found their understanding, all it takes is time!

Anelka and Torres has definitely been our best strike partnership since Torres came to the club. Torres had so many chances in the game against Copenhagen, and they seemed to understand each other well during the whole game.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anelka and Torres has definitely been our best strike partnership since Torres came to the club. Torres had so many chances in the game against Copenhagen, and they seemed to understand each other well during the whole game.

I watched this match in bits and pieces. Is it possible that Copenhagen is worse than Blackpool?

When we bought him on deadline day, my brother said "Torres won't score for two months, you shall see".

And he's been correct so far.

Sometimes Torres looks quite lazy and doesn't try enough, but you can clearly see how much he wants that goal and that he wants to prove everyone what he is able to do.

Torres doesn't look lazy. In fact he is hungry to score goals.

The problem is....WE ARE RUBBISH. We hardly create any decent chances, there is no width, no decent crosses. Just awful football and he should never have signed for a team that plays this badly because we're making him look worse with every game.

A player like Drogba is a loose cannon who can create for himself which is why he has done well for us. But Torres relies on service to him, without that he is ordinary.

Torres will only shine when we improve the rubbish midfield and lack of wingers in our team. Until then he is going to continue to play like this, running around aimlessly because he has f**k all service.

Dissapointed in Torres, he really does need to put more effort into the game, i'm not to bothered about the goal, just as long as he plays well with the team, and improves our chances. Drogba done very well, infact he was very unlucky a lot of the time, but i was impressed with him. He should start playing from now on, unless this injury has strucken him. Need to improve though, get a win against Man City and that would be brilliant, even losing to Man United would be acceptable to keep us in the top 4. Good to see were 3 points above Tottenham, fully deserved, Boswinga done well up the wing but lacked it down the wing, his defending was very slippery and got pushed of the ball... isn't it meant to be the other way around... anyway a good win, well done Lampard, Essien and McEachran was positive. Malouda getting there, much better performance however, and Kalou played brilliantly, very impressed with him, however i know for a fact he's earned his first 11 place and he will just muck that up, i just know that.

But anyway well done guys, really happy. Manchester City, would be a very good win for us if we can pull it off. And Torres please put more effort into it on the pitch, forget about the goal, that will come if you are just playing like a normal striker not if your to desperate.

I watched this match in bits and pieces. Is it possible that Copenhagen is worse than Blackpool?

Having not played a competitive game in over two months I'd say it's possible.

Anelka to Kalou - "you go, it's nice and warm here" probably? They got me confused, looked like Anelka was rather lazy to come on.

That incident was embarrassing :mouthclosed:

Sorry but you are an idiot if you want your player to play in pain. He was limping even when we played against Everton.

you are so dump if you don't think he could ve just rolled himself outside the pitch , instead of playing everyone inside .

give a look at nani's worse injury and you will know that when a player needs to lift himself up for a couple of seconds , he will , even if he is injured . that is apart from the fact that he cried like a divorced woman but he stood up to the referee a couple of seconds and then went back to ground .and his injury was actually harder than Drogba's ..

and that was just an example of the whole Drogba attitude , he thinks the world of football is revolving around him and that is his main problem , he must know that he is just one of eleven world-class players.

anyway you are not worth the discussion because you think you are a smartass who knows every thing and proves others wrong by calling them idiots while actually he is the only idiot .

The problem is....WE ARE RUBBISH. We hardly create any decent chances, there is no width, no decent crosses. Just awful football and he should never have signed for a team that plays this badly because we're making him look worse with every game.

A player like Drogba is a loose cannon who can create for himself which is why he has done well for us. But Torres relies on service to him, without that he is ordinary.

Torres will only shine when we improve the rubbish midfield and lack of wingers in our team. Until then he is going to continue to play like this, running around aimlessly because he has f**k all service.

Putting the team down like that is really unnecessary, Torres just has to morph in, but there's still no excuse to lack the effort to put in. He's not getting lazy, he just doesn't believe in himself most of the time on the pitch. He has had many chances and has failed to execute them, but you know he's getting there and i'm still proud of him. If he tries that's all i'll be happy with, if he plays with the team then great, that's what i wanted. People expect Torres to be some robot who is meant to score a hattrick every game to live up to his 50 million. Torres got some great passing when we were counter attacking and building up, he played through some poor balls, and you cannot blame that on the team. Maybe our crossing isn't that perfect, i would say he's got enough service to strike his goal, but we aren't exactly top in the league, so were not in full form. It will come and if it takes next season so be it. However Torres can still put much more effort into it and not give up on himself, i don't think he's out playing our team at all.

Torres goes really wide in counter attacks,he needs to run into space,in the middle.Going that wide as a striker isn't going to earn you goals.There isn't much space to pass for Torres,but he needs to create it.Think he really needs that one goal to improve his confidence and get going.So far,not impressive.

Anelka and Kalou on the bench-hilarious emo5.gif

you are so dump if you don't think he could ve just rolled himself outside the pitch , instead of playing everyone inside .

give a look at nani's worse injury and you will know that when a player needs to lift himself up for a couple of seconds , he will , even if he is injured . that is apart from the fact that he cried like a divorced woman but he stood up to the referee a couple of seconds and then went back to ground .and his injury was actually harder than Drogba's ..

and that was just an example of the whole Drogba attitude , he thinks the world of football is revolving around him and that is his main problem , he must know that he is just one of eleven world-class players.

anyway you are not worth the discussion because you think you are a smartass who knows every thing and proves others wrong by calling them idiots while actually he is the only idiot .

How do you know how hard Drogbas injury is? Attitude? Droga is a winner, thats his attitude. He has done so much and you are still ungrateful.

Ah well if you think so i wont discuss it then.

How do you know how hard Drogbas injury is? Attitude? Droga is a winner, thats his attitude. He has done so much and you are still ungrateful.

Ah well if you think so i wont discuss it then.

+1

I think i see what your saying, i may be talking a different topic excuse me if i am, but still Drogba tried the whole match, maybe he should put his back into it, or maybe he has to show the team he's not capable so he can be sent off and not hurt himself anymore maybe?. He wasn't fit to play, it may of hurt much more than it looked or maybe he was just being a bit of a baby about it, but who knows, either way i just hope he's alright.

We've been awful all season. I think the training methods play a massive part. No player is complaining about training,probably because they've got it easy.

Bring Van Gaal in the summer (only joking)

I partly agree. But Torres isn't always in the right place in the right time. Anelka scored twice against Copenhagen, Torres didn't, even though he had more great opportunities to score than Anelka. David Luiz came from defence to score a stunning volley against Manure, Torres was not there when he had to be. John Terry scored from defence tonight, Lamps came from midfield to be one on one with the keeper and punish him, it could have also been Torres, and Torres's chances are even bigger considering that he's a center forward. It's easier than it looks, Torres complicates things for himself sometimes.