Oh Ashley Cole..

LDN Blue

Just another flawed human being like the rest of us prone to mess things up from time to time ...the media will say stuff like "what example does this set to kids" bypassing the fact that if it wasn`t for them kids wouldn`t know.

what he allegedly did was wrong but like so many things these days regarding famous people...do we really need to know? what good does it do in knowing such things?

if the media of recent times would have been around in WWII the Nazi scum would have won the war, because when Britain was the only big power in the west standing up against them, whilst the yanks were sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the countries involved to exhaust themselves before stepping in to claim all the glory...our great leader Winston Churchill had a mental health disorder and everyone on the planet would have had to know about it before these short sighted media twats would have rested.

Churchill`s great "We shall NEVER Surrender" speech would have just been seen as the words of a maniac who shouldn`t be listened to and the country would have folded just like France,Netherlands etc..before us.

there. i`m just about finished but to round up my point..yes if it`s true that Ashley did shoot some kid with an air rifle, it`s wrong and the club should punish him.etc.. ...but so is the media wrong for stopping our kids having any heroes by unearthing every human flaw they may or may not actually have.

no more unflawed role models these days? there never has been! just responsible journalism in the past.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda disagree with you there Drew. I'd agree if you meant stuff like affairs and personal relationships should not be made public by the media, because they're internal, personal issues which people should have a right to have privacy over. However a player, taking an air rifle to a football training ground, to then wave it around not knowing whether it's loaded or not, then proceed to shooting someone, is something that perhaps people should have the right to know about.

Technically it's a crime. Chelsea said they're taking action, if it means Cole is suspended or his pay is docked for a while it's alright. People should still have a right to know about these things though, just so we can show people that footballers, who are seen as role models, are not perfect. They, like anyone else, are accountable for their mistakes. That's the message that should be sent out. Not protecting the image of these role models, but to show that they learn from their mistakes.

I means I do not believe anything I hear and half so that to know what really happened ... all chelsea fans should be more united and support the team more than ever the media are like vultures circle around them do not bear the taste!

Tuesday should be supported to death is a great opportunity to get a boost.

We've had Mutu and Bosnich being coke heads.

Mikel,Essien and a few others drink driving.

J.T,Cashley and no doubt many,many others cheating.

And now this. I know students can get on your nerves at times but shooting them in the head is no way to treat them.

I'm off to support Manure,they're full of great role models.

And now this. I know students can get on your nerves at times but shooting them in the head is no way to treat them.

HA HA.

Kinda disagree with you there Drew. I'd agree if you meant stuff like affairs and personal relationships should not be made public by the media, because they're internal, personal issues which people should have a right to have privacy over. However a player, taking an air rifle to a football training ground, to then wave it around not knowing whether it's loaded or not, then proceed to shooting someone, is something that perhaps people should have the right to know about.

Technically it's a crime. Chelsea said they're taking action, if it means Cole is suspended or his pay is docked for a while it's alright. People should still have a right to know about these things though, just so we can show people that footballers, who are seen as role models, are not perfect. They, like anyone else, are accountable for their mistakes. That's the message that should be sent out. Not protecting the image of these role models, but to show that they learn from their mistakes.

why not wait till there`s a trial or some form of legal investigation before printing the story?

if he`s charged by the police or suspended by the club then well,there`s no hiding what happened from our kids.

media don`t care about such things though. they will spew pages upon pages of how someone is guilty before a trial and then if he`s found not guilty there will be a single paragraph ,maybe two, tucked away usually on the bottom left hand corner of page 48 or some other obscure hardly ever properly read page.

why not wait till there`s a trial or some form of legal investigation before printing the story?

if he`s charged by the police or suspended by the club then well,there`s no hiding what happened from our kids.

media don`t care about such things though. they will spew pages upon pages of how someone is guilty before a trial and then if he`s found not guilty there will be a single paragraph ,maybe two, tucked away usually on the bottom left hand corner of page 48 or some other obscure hardly ever properly read page.

Ah fair enough, I agree with that then.

"At one point he (Bosnich) almost shot his own father with an airgun, thinking he was a burglar.". laugh.gif

http://www.dailytele...r-1225967196523

Carlo said:,,Boys, we're gonna train shooting tomorrow..."

And Ashley misunderstood it.

Hahaha. :)

Good job he was stopped in time.

He was going to shoot Cheryl and her new bloke, shoot a copper in the face and then go into hiding for a week or two.

Then he would have been surrounded by cops and had Gazza offering him some chicken.