FC Copenhagen V Chelsea - match ratings

Tomo

Petr Cech 7 - Could have had a picnic at times but did well when called upon.

Jose Bosingwa 6 - Misplaced a few passes but rarely troubled at the back

Branislav Ivanovic 7 - Solid and unspectacular but it will do.

John Terry 7 - read Ivan

Ashely Cole 6 - read Ivan

Ramires 7 - Getting better with evrey passing game

Micheal Essien 7 - A glimpse of the old Essien tonight.

Frank Lampard 6 - Needs more time to get back to his best, shooting still a bit wayward although good pass for the 2nd.

Florent Malouda 6 - Better but still along way off the Malouda that ended last season and started this.

Nicolas Anelka 9 - Great movement and 2 good finishes to match.

Fernando Torres 7 - much much better from the spaniard some good movement 4 shots on target out of 6 aint bad and if he carries on its only a matter of time before he is banging them in for fun.

SUBS

Drogba 5

Zhirkov 5

Kalou N/A

All in all much much better, more rythm and urgency and if we carry on like that in the league we are laughing right into the top 4 with ease.

KTBFFH

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petr Cech 7 - Could have had a picnic at times but did well when called upon.

Jose Bosingwa 6 - Misplaced a few passes but rarely troubled at the back

Branislav Ivanovic 7 - Solid and unspectacular but it will do.

John Terry 7 - read Ivan

Ashely Cole 6 - read Ivan

Ramires 7 - Getting better with evrey passing game

Micheal Essien 7 - A glimpse of the old Essien tonight.

Frank Lampard 6 - Needs more time to get back to his best, shooting still a bit wayward although good pass for the 2nd.

Florent Malouda 6 - Better but still along way off the Malouda that ended last season and started this.

Nicolas Anelka 9 - Great movement and 2 good finishes to match.

Fernando Torres 7 - much much better from the spaniard some good movement 4 shots on target out of 6 aint bad and if he carries on its only a matter of time before he is banging them in for fun.

SUBS

Drogba 5

Zhirkov 5

Kalou N/A

All in all much much better, more rythm and urgency and if we carry on like that in the league we are laughing right into the top 4 with ease.

KTBFFH

Wouldn't argue with those

Petr Cech 6 -

Jose Bosingwa 5 -

Branislav Ivanovic 6 -

John Terry 6 -

Ashely Cole 5 -

Ramires 7 -

Micheal Essien 7 -

Frank Lampard 6 -

Florent Malouda 6 -

Nicolas Anelka 9 -

Fernando Torres 5 -

SUBS

Drogba 5

Zhirkov 5

Kalou ?

think some of those are on the low side

Bosingwa deserves a 7, him and Ivanovic were making the long ranges easy for Petr to save, by only allowing them to shoot through the middle blocking off the corners. First half he was poor, but second half he made up for it.

Cech 7 - Safe and very steady but wish he'd stop that high launch up the pitch

Bosingwa 5 - Kept going the wrong way, not direct enough, no urgency and was not putting the ball in the area. Also kept bottling challenges

Ivanovic 6 - Didn't have much to do but was a bit lapse at times

Terry 6 - Again not much to do, daft yellow card too

Cole 7 - Looked good today, got up and down the pitch, got some balls in and defended strongly

Essien 6 - Steady really but not enough urgency with the ball

Lampard 3 - Crap control, no urgency, awful passing (Except the goal, hence maybe why he wasn't a 2), wasn't shooting, our worst player by some distance, he just slowed everything down or stopped our attacks.

Ramires 7 - Like this guy, full of energy again, good control, first touch and speed, looks a top player. The team should be played around him now, not Lampard.

Malouda 6 - Average, he wasn't bombing up n down putting crosses in or having many shots. He seemed to just cruise through it

Anelka 8 - Took his goals excellently and looked very sharp and lively

Torres 7 - Was good today, he got into the positions and really should've scored a couple. Just let down by his first touch but it's coming for him. Showed excellent vision too.

Edited by OllieCFC

I think people were watching a different game to me...

Cech - 6 - little to do, but did it confidently.

Bosingwa - 7 - I thought he was excellent to be honest. Fast into the tackle and a constant attacking threat.

Terry - 6 - bread and butter, might as well have given him the night off.

Ivanovic - 6 - Ivanovic's consistency is impressive, but he was largely untroubled tonight.

Cole - 6 - like Bosingwa, he was excellent both defensively and going forward.

Essien - 6 - better, bit still off his best in my opinion.

Lampard - 5 - out of form and struggling for fitness, but tonight he showed glimpses of his improvement. Nevertheless, he was very sloppy with some of his passing despite a wonderful assist.

Ramires - 7 - I don't think I can praise this man enough. Does he ever stop running?

Malouda - 5 - he was good in the first half, and drove at defenders, but he looks unfit to me, and is way off the form he was showing until November.

Torres - 7 - impressive performance, all that was missing was a goal in my opinion.

Anelka - 8 - a huge statement of intent from the most natural finisher at the club. 7 goals in six in Europe = impressive.

I think people were watching a different game to me...

Cech - 6 - little to do, but did it confidently.

Bosingwa - 7 - I thought he was excellent to be honest. Fast into the tackle and a constant attacking threat.

Terry - 6 - bread and butter, might as well have given him the night off.

Ivanovic - 6 - Ivanovic's consistency is impressive, but he was largely untroubled tonight.

Cole - 6 - like Bosingwa, he was excellent both defensively and going forward.

Essien - 6 - better, bit still off his best in my opinion.

Lampard - 5 - out of form and struggling for fitness, but tonight he showed glimpses of his improvement. Nevertheless, he was very sloppy with some of his passing despite a wonderful assist.

Ramires - 7 - I don't think I can praise this man enough. Does he ever stop running?

Malouda - 5 - he was good in the first half, and drove at defenders, but he looks unfit to me, and is way off the form he was showing until November.

Torres - 7 - impressive performance, all that was missing was a goal in my opinion.

Anelka - 8 - a huge statement of intent from the most natural finisher at the club. 7 goals in six in Europe = impressive.

Thank you, Bosingwa 7. I agree with these ratings, Ash should get a 6.5 tho, his attacking on the wing wasn't his best at all, some terrible crossing, but i thought he done very well for defending, Terry made a lot of bad tackles, really off tonight. And i totally agree with Lampard besides the assist he didn't play very well at all.

Harsh on Torres he did better that a 5.

Petr Cech 6 -

Jose Bosingwa 5 -

Branislav Ivanovic 6 -

John Terry 6 -

Ashely Cole 5 -

Ramires 7 -

Micheal Essien 7 -

Frank Lampard 6 -

Florent Malouda 6 -

Nicolas Anelka 9 -

Fernando Torres 5 -

SUBS

Drogba 5

Zhirkov 5

Kalou ?

Because of my streaming which was shit, I didn't watch all the game... And also I didn't look to all our players... So my rates could be erroneous.

Ashley Cole - 7 - I found him very lively, he made some good interceptions

Essien - 6 - When it went to the physical, he played very good. But once again, he's way too slow with his passing game.

Lampard - 4 - He was quite slow (with and without the ball) and his passing game wasn't good.

Torres - 6 - My satisfaction of the night. He looks now like a Chelsea player. He played with the team and the team played with him. He had a few chances to score, such a shame he didn't grab them. But it's a very good omen for the futur in my opinion. I love his movements lol.

Malouda - 6 - He is still not trenchant enough.

Because of my streaming which was shit, I didn't watch all the game... And also I didn't look to all our players... So my rates could be erroneous.

Ashley Cole - 7 - I found him very lively, he made some good interceptions

Essien - 6 - When it went to the physical, he played very good. But once again, he's way too slow with his passing game.

Lampard - 4 - He was quite slow (with and without the ball) and his passing game wasn't good.

Torres - 6 - My satisfaction of the night. He looks now like a Chelsea player. He played with the team and the team played with him. He had a few chances to score, such a shame he didn't grab them. But it's a very good omen for the futur in my opinion. I love his movements lol.

Malouda - 6 - He is still not trenchant enough.

No rating for the scorer ? :eyebrows:

No rating for the scorer ? :eyebrows:

Ahah, I didn't watch him at all to be honest ^^

Lampards passing wasn't good? Did you not see the ball he gave to Anelka assissting his goal? It was fucking beautiful.

lol ! Well, he has made one good pass so it means he has played well ? With this logic we can say that Wayne Rooney is one of the best players at the moment since he scored a beautiful goal against ManC...

Lampards passing wasn't good? Did you not see the ball he gave to Anelka assissting his goal? It was fucking beautiful.

One good pass doesn't make up for the the shocking flat crossfield ball that should have resulted in Gronkjaer being booked for diving in the 'penalty' incident.

From watching the game on the stadium Cole was the player who impressed me the most (after Anelka). He closed down our whole right side without much help and was crazy good defending, he didn't do amazingly much offensive but I think that was more to do with the tactics and his defending was just so damm good and impressive to look at.