FC Copenhagen 0-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has improved a lot recently but sadly that is true, actually we got teams that wouldn't even do well in league 1 I would say. We have been cruise controlling through the league this season and have already won it (well we haven't but no way we are dropping 19 points), CL is the only tournament left we have to really fight for. We beat number 2 in the league with 5-0 earlier in the season, that should tell how superior we have been there, it's one of the big discussing points on copenhagen forums how we can keep improving when we play shit teams every week.

Also as Sh0n3x we have been on break for 2, actually nearly 3 months so we are pretty rusty even though we just beat the Norwegian champions Rosenborg 5-0 the other day in a friendly, we were apparently close to get a friendly with both sunderland and shakthar but they didn't want to play us in the end so we ended up going for a much lesser team that didn't give us much competition. But Shakthar still managed to do fairly well even though they had a huge break like us too so it's no excuse for us to show up and not be fit.

Well, Rosenborg was shit that game!

But its definately going to be a couple of good games... away in Parken i dont want to predict any score line....

Going to be nice to see Ståle Solbakken at Stamford Bridge :)

Ancelotti must do a turn over for this game. The situation won't get any better if we keep our old players week in and week out. For instance, there's should have no problems to play McEachran, it isn't a team full of Vidic.

Lampard has been quite poor for the last two games. He should be benched to have a good rest. If Zhirkov is fit for the game, he should be played instead Malouda...

My team

Cech

Ferreira - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - McEachran

Kalou - Torres - Zhirkov

or

Mikel

Ramires - Zhirkov

McEachran

Kalou - Torres

i read somewhere that carlo said he was going to try and put Drogba and torres together again (im trying to find the link now) but i think your first line up is great. i think ramires must play

At least one away goal will be crucial otherwise there will be hell of a problem and nervous time at the Bridge. Now I really don't care about the performance, as long as we deliver a good result for the second leg.

The UCL final at Wembley, enough said.

But thanks for that mate! It'll be pretty emotional for Gronkjaer to play his old club, I hope he receives a warm reception in the return leg.

for scoring the winner against Leeds on his last ever game for us ,the last game of Claudio`s reign and i pray to the lord above the last ever game those ferret fucking northern monkies play in the premiership. he will get a standing ovation from me.

then there`s the other crucial goals he scored for us..like the game up at Anfield in that winner qualifies for the CL game.

Agreed, was quite difficult to choose who to play there really. I'd forgotten about Mikel, so really:

Ramires - Mikel - McEachran

Lampard - Zhirkov

Torres

Would work better. However Lampard's looking off-pace lately so it's a risk.

Yeah he sure as, but i think he can still play a good match given the position. Good way to start McEachRan, be good if Ramires and Mikel would give a good game together. And i agree it's time to bench Malouda, if Drogba deserves that bench and to be put in his place for time being then so does Malouda, he hasn't been playing much on form lately at all.

I am beginning to get worried about this game.

Even though there are differences between Denmark's league and ours, Copenhagen gave Barcelona a run for their money and the highlights show that they are quite a dangerous team. We appear to be most vulnerable against speedy, wide teams such as Sunderland at home or Tottenham (although we did well against Spurs).

I hope Torres regains his touch, although I surmise it will take him a few weeks to be back to his best. In our attack, we need to have more width from our wingers (similar to Anelka coming in yesterday when he spread the right wing) because we depend too much on our full backs, and that may make us susceptible for counterattacks from either side. We suffer severely from a lack of crosses from either Malouda or Niko (except yesterday) and that is why both Torres and Didier are suffering from not getting any service. Ashley doesn't cross it as much anymore. Bosingwa is pacy, but cannot dribble, and needs a lot of work on his crosses. We appear so narrow these days.

Hope we can sort all of these problems out by Tuesday. But heck, we've been trying to sort it out for 4 months now...

We will be happy if we draw.Luiz can't play wright?Bosingwa is injured so I think we will see that team:

Cech

Ferreira - Ivan - JT - Cole

Ramires - Essien - Lampard - Malouda

Drogba - Torres

But I hope to see:

Cech

Ferreira - Ivan - JT - Cole

Essien

Ramires - Malouda

Lampard

Drogba - Torres

blue%20scalf.gif

Hope Torres to score.This is the time to start scoring for us

I think we should go there and try n win the game and make it as easy as we can for the 2nd leg. I'm not saying its gonna be easy but we can go there and win with the players we have, 1-0 suits fine.

They will do exactly what Liverpool, Fulham and to an extent what Everton did, put most men behind the ball and try and suffocate the attack and midfield. So it will a be a tough game if we find it difficult breaking down their defence.

I am fairly sure we won't do that. Copenhagen doesn't really have the players for that kind of football, our manager admitted that himself a couple of times and we didn't even play like that against Barcelona who if anyone can score a lot of goals against a team who is pushing up a lot. We will also start with 2 forwards unless some injury comes up.

We could play like that last time we were in champions league were we had a player like Hangeland but the defenders we got now are not as big and strong as him and our other defender back then was not to mention our midfield is much more creative and less defensive minded, but they do work hard and we will run around chasing your players everywhere trying to stress the chelsea players.

I am fairly sure we won't do that. Copenhagen doesn't really have the players for that kind of football, our manager admitted that himself a couple of times and we didn't even play like that against Barcelona who if anyone can score a lot of goals against a team who is pushing up a lot. We will also start with 2 forwards unless some injury comes up.

We could play like that last time we were in champions league were we had a player like Hangeland but the defenders we got now are not as big and strong as him and our other defender back then was not to mention our midfield is much more creative and less defensive minded, but they do work hard and we will run around chasing your players everywhere trying to stress the chelsea players.

True, but Copenhagens force is the team spirit, they will fight to the end, we have to beat them physical and by suprise. The problem is Torres has haveing little times to learn our way of

playing, he has to connect with Drogba or Anelka or.. If he is alone in front it will never happen, they will be over him like a dog after a bone, he`s the 50 mill. man every defender wants to

stop him. I`m 100% sure he will have succes in the future, but i think we gotta build him and Luiz up around a new young team and let all over 30 go.It`s time for radically chances.