Is our midfield good enough?

Styles

Very good call FB, he's someone I wish we'd have gone for a few years ago, and certainly at the start of this season. I'd say signing Ramires was a very shrewd piece of business considering he is only 23 and already proving how good he is; and having a powerhouse alongside him in Schweinsteiger would really give us another dimension. The only problem, is that he'd be a bugger to have at the team when it comes to match reports...

Lol true.

He's not a such prolific goalscorer, but to use a cliche a real powerhouse in midfield -in the Ballack mold in tyerms of technical ability but with flair and dynamism. I know he was on the radar a year or two back -Mourinho rated him -hopefully the interest can be revitalised in the Summer.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Bosingwa Ivan/Luiz Terry Cole

Mikel/Luiz

Essien/Ramires - Lampard/Josh

Josh/Anelka

Torres/Drogba - Anelka/Kalou

*No Ivanovic at RB, he doesn't provide us enough width (crucial for this system), lacks ball skills and is of a too defensive nature.

*When you look at Luiz' game, he could be a excellent DM.

:goodpost: i think it will help our midfield to create some chances as this boy is excellent going forward..................i wont mind playing him behind striker lol

There's so much irony to an otherwise very pertinent point.

This isn't aimed at you - but there were those who slagged him off before he even kicked a ball for us; and many of those people now believe he is the midfield messiah who can inspire us with an inch of creativity. Anyway, that particular rant is over...

the same things were said by people when we were signing ramires n luiz....................tht y we r spending on dem dey wont adapt to d play here, dey not worth the money we r putting n on n on.................

• 3 weeks later...

Complete overhaul of our midfield will certainly make a very good squad but to make a solid "team" we need to have some mentors/leaders. Writting off lampard is not a very wise move. He can be used as Giggs/Scholes but chelsea need him otherwise we will lose our backbone .

Complete overhaul of our midfield will certainly make a very good squad but to make a solid "team" we need to have some mentors/leaders. Writting off lampard is not a very wise move. He can be used as Giggs/Scholes but chelsea need him otherwise we will lose our backbone .

This mentor/leader thing is overrated.

After this season Lampard should no longer be a first choice player.

Neither he plays as a left winger like giggs. I am not talking about the playing position. I what I am trying to say is in a transitional phase you just can't get rid of your most experienced and productive player. We certainly do not want to start like man city from the scratch.

I don't think Lampard has the ability to become a deep-lying playmaker like Scholes has.

That's because he isn't. Lampard is an enforcer in the middle of our team. Yes he scores goals, yes he can play in a really good ball, but I don't think he's a playmaker by any means. Josh McEachran on the other hand, is (or will be).