• Essien
    • Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Malouda
    • Anelka
    • Torres
    • SUB: Drogba
    • SUB: Kalou

Torres was getting into the thick of things, just that his touch let him down horribly. Whatever Benetiz had him doing when he first moved to Liverpool to improve his striking--he needs to get back to working on it. He's blowing chances like he was known for when at Atletico. Not to sugarcoat things because he squandered a hattrick of chances yesterday but I'm highly encouraged by his movement and positioning.

And no, Ancelotti shouldn't have taken him off, not when you need a goal. Torres would have put himself into some chances and good strikers, even when they're blowing things right, left and center, only need one chance to make things right. Look at Inzaghi through out this career.

Torres touch was typical for him - awful at times without the occasional moments of beauty to make you forget the awful. His movement and positioning were good, agree. Also promising to see bursts of pace.

Benitez and Xavi Valero, former LFC keeper coach, worked with him constantly on finishing. Both he and Reina give Valero a lot of praise.

Why not throw the kitchen sink at Fulham for the last 15-20 minutes, Drogba and Torres together. Could it have been any worse? Plus Torres can't play against Everton so you're not saving him.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres touch was typical for him - awful at times without the occasional moments of beauty to make you forget the awful. His movement and positioning were good, agree. Also promising to see bursts of pace.

Benitez and Xavi Valero, former LFC keeper coach, worked with him constantly on finishing. Both he and Reina give Valero a lot of praise.

Why not throw the kitchen sink at Fulham for the last 15-20 minutes, Drogba and Torres together. Could it have been any worse? Plus Torres can't play against Everton so you're not saving him.

He needs to hire on Valero on personal basis to sort out himself in front of goal. He has been subpar this season.

Totally agree with the substitution. Fulham were content with the gaolless draw and Chelsea should have poured it on for goal.

He needs to hire on Valero on personal basis to sort out himself in front of goal. He has been subpar this season.

Totally agree with the substitution. Fulham were content with the gaolless draw and Chelsea should have poured it on for goal.

Funny thing about Torres is Atletico Madrid youth coaches noted his less than spectacular first touch. It's always been an issue. He's overcome it with his use of space and movement, speed, and finishing. Unfortunately yesterday's poor touches made it impossible for him to use space, movement, speed to finish.

I love Torres as much as the next Torres fan. I'm not blind to his faults as a player. It's his moments of soccer beauty that make the flaws easier to ignore, forget. I believe those moments will come for Chelsea.

Luiz was a revelation. My daughter was talking about him the entire match. Halfway through "when I can get a Luiz jersey", "he's so cool", "love his hair". He was fun to watch and a young defender like that is going to be a godsend for Chelsea. Now if there was somebody wide and somebody to lead the attack from the center.

It's hilarious that Luiz is being called Sideshow Bob. It's not just the hair, there's a similarity in the face too. If Sideshow Bob was a young handsome footballer, he would be David Luiz.

I always though Fellaini was Sideshow Bob and Berbatov (esp before the haircut) was Mr. Burns.