Terry, Lamps and Cole should retire from England

Tomo

I was watching the match last night with a few mates down the pub (all of bar 1 supported either United, Arsenal or Liverpool) and each and evrey one of them at evrey avalible opportunity were slagging those 3 off. The sad fact is that its not just a small minority all 3 have got booed by England "fans" (and i use the word fans loosely hence the inverted commas) at Wembley in the past, talk about rose tinted spectacles.

Its a absolute disgrace IMO granted i dont like half that England team but id never sit there slagging them off while there wearing the England shirt and i defiently wont boo them if i ever watch England at Wembley in my lifetime.

The likes of Scholes and Carragher called it quits before they were 30 (although the latter got drafted back for the world cup) and they dont get a bad word said about them, but Lamps, JT and Cole are all in their 30's still giving it their all for England and these "fans" give them shit because they dont like Chelsea. i wonder how these "fans" will react if all 3 retire their probally cry judas knowing some of them idiots and then kiss Scholes's ass.

I remember a public outroar when Cole stated in his interview before the FA Cup final that he would choose the double over Chelsea than a world cup with England, well if they dont want to hear stuff like that then they should treat the guy with respect when he is pulling the England shirt on then harsh reality is while i would have loved England to win the world cup the thought of these moaning "fans" celebrating will turn my stomach (especially if one of our Chelsea boys got the winner in the final). There are very good and loyal (long suffering) England fans around who deserve a WC but the pillocks who give rival club players shit while pulling the 3 lions jersey on do not.

If those 3 all retire now i would be estatic as they can then focus on playing for fans who appreciate what great players they are, but they wont because there all too proud to do that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread Tomo

I started following the England team round about the 1980's with the first major tournament i saw on TV as a 9yo was the European Championships in Italy.Back then and up to Euro 96,i can't remember ONE England player being booed or heckled because of the club they played for.

Not even Ray Wilkins got booed in a season after he was sent off for England in the 86 World Cup against Morocco and imo Wilkins sending off was more petty and foolish than Beckham's sending off in France 98

Nowadays the England fans feelings is all media driven,players wages and performances for their clubs is another factor why England fans turn,while back in the day it would be only the manager that would face the wrath of the fans.

I was more of an England fan when there wasn't any Chelsea players in the team.

I certainly wouldn't object if Lamps,JT and Ashley told Capello to do one!!.

You'll also find that the majority of England travelling fans are mostly from League 1/2 teams,you can see that in the flags that are seen in the stadiums bearing the team they support or town they come from.

A very small minority of Man U and Liverpool fans will follow England.This has been their rule of thumb for many years.I've been to quite alot of England games abroad,including European Championships and World Cup games and have seen this with my own eyes.

Fans of clubs like Carlisle,Chesterfield etc hate the Premier League with a passion and get disgruntled when England players don't perform as well as they do for their respective clubs.This only happens in England.

Country's such as Italy,Holland,Germany,France,Brazil,Argentina and many more have just as fierce club rivalries as we do in England,but when their National teams come together,all that rivalry gets pushed aside for 90 minutes.

Following England used to be a duty.It was in your blood.Nowadays it's through apathy,glamour and fickleness.Something i don't want to be a part of.

After the way JT was treated by the FA and the media, it speaks volumes about his professionalism that he is still willing to play.

This is so true: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/blog/2011-02-10/durhams-rant-why-capello-should-stop-humiliating-john-terry

After the way JT was treated by the FA and the media, it speaks volumes about his professionalism that he is still willing to play.

This is so true: http://www.talksport...ting-john-terry

After the way Terry was treated by Capello,i for one thought Terry was going to quit international football.

Capello made a moral decision,also helped by media and FA pressure.Even past England managers like Venables and Taylor and dare i say McClaren said that they wouldn't of stripped Terry of the captaincy as it was "an issue outside football" and the stability of the National team is more important than one player(Bridge) wanting revenge for being shitted on.

Terry has certainly come out of this on top.He owes his country nothing!!.

I can't say too much here because I don't live in England but from what I read you are right.

Also, I also gotta agree with you that they should quit and give out their all for Chelsea...I think they probably will after the Euro 2012...

Lampard should retire immediately given his permanent injury. Terry and Cole should do it after the 2012 Euros. It's a shame Terry will never be given the armband even though the newspapers have retracted and apologized for the stories about him and Bridge's ex.

The likes of Scholes and Carragher called it quits before they were 30 (although the latter got drafted back for the world cup) and they dont get a bad word said about them, but Lamps, JT and Cole are all in their 30's still giving it their all for England and these "fans" give them shit because they dont like Chelsea. i wonder how these "fans" will react if all 3 retire their probally cry judas knowing some of them idiots and then kiss Scholes's ass.

Most United fans are glory hunters

Most Liverpool fans are bindippers and know fuck all about football

-_-

You're right 100 precent. Though people over here respect Terry and especially Lampard for england, but yeah people hate Cole. Scholes left because of all the shit, Lamps, Terry & Cole get that and still playing and there in there 30's. Just goes to show how much they give to England, people don't know what they got until they lost it, it's human really. Everyone is hypocritcal, and if they did retire people would be crying for them back, even Man U fans garaunteed. A Paul Scholes story all over again.

A Chelsea team without a single England participant would be embarrassing and a shamble for English football.

We are a top team in England. As such we have a duty to have representatives in the national team and to not would be awful. We should have at least 1 player in the team. Even bloody Arsenal have two players!

A Chelsea team without a single England participant would be embarrassing and a shamble for English football.

We are a top team in England. As such we have a duty to have representatives in the national team and to not would be awful. We should have at least 1 player in the team. Even bloody Arsenal have two players!

We do a lot for England, unlike Arsenal who recruit french players. We have good Youth. Though we wouldn't need to be ashamed or embarrassed with not having any international England players if they retired, because there is your reason.

We do a lot for England, unlike Arsenal who recruit french players. We have good Youth. Though we wouldn't need to be ashamed or embarrassed with not having any international England players if they retired, because there is your reason.

I agree that we'd have made a great contribution with the players who retire and are yet to come up. But it's still a disgrace not to have a single player in the main squad. Josh isn't getting a promotion any time soon, and it doesn't look like Cork is either.

I agree that we'd have made a great contribution with the players who retire and are yet to come up. But it's still a disgrace not to have a single player in the main squad. Josh isn't getting a promotion any time soon, and it doesn't look like Cork is either.

Josh is patient i think, just a shame we found ourself hanging from top 4, otherwise Josh could get his chance. He played better than Lampard in the England under 21 match, his passes and balls he delivered where amazing. He has huge talent, he's just now starting to build confidence on the camera. But back on subject i would probably agree it would look bad, but if they ever did retire put it this way i wouldn't be ashamed, embarrassed or blaming them.

I said it after the world cup, well not Ashley but JT and Lamps should call it quits because they have been booed and jeered and it's just not on. But they are proud Englishmen and wont let the fans bother them, they love representing their country and wearing the 3 lions and probably Capello will ditch em after the euro's.

On the up side, all this shit about England and Chelsea not producing young players and the premiership not producing young english players or giving them a chance to break through because of all this money being spent on foreigners etc etc.... it's quite funny, Chelsea are currently the best youth team, 2008 and 2010 finalists of the youth cup, winning once and England's U21's are rated number 1 .....

England has a great future and they are going about their business in great style imo.

Purely from a Chelsea fan's perspective everyone would love that. But you have to respect the players wishes and desire to win something with their national team.

Englands fans being disgruntled about the players not putting in the same performances as their clubs is because they don't play/train together throughout the year. And no fan should doubt the England players like JT and SFL's commitment towards the English cause.

I honestly think Lampard will retire after Euro 2012. Terry may push for WC but seeing the captaincy is lost forever I don't know how long he'll be able to take kids coming up and taking the captains band ahead of him.