Torres could end career at Atletico

Wilson

I would like to see him finish at Chelsea but I guess its realistic. I think in 5 years it will be a similar situation to the Drogba-Marseille return which we always hear about. I'm annoyed to hear it so early after he signed for us. Pissed me right off. Just focus on Chelsea for now, please Torres for fucks sake.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/50228/Torres_reveals_Madrid_desire.aspx

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see him finish at Chelsea but I guess its realistic. I think in 5 years it will be a similar situation to the Drogba-Marseille return which we always hear about. I'm annoyed to hear it so early after he signed for us. Pissed me right off. Just focus on Chelsea for now, please Torres for fucks sake.

http://www.sport.co....rid_desire.aspx

As the hoopla dies down, he and everyone can focus on business--winning games for Chelsea. The convergence of the transfer, Liverpool game and international duty in Madrid where of course he would attract a lot of attention, have created a crazy 10 days or so. I don't think it's something he wanted.

But as far as retiring at AM, it has always been assumed he would do that. Don't make it a big deal.

Every footballer wants to end their career where they started, but sometimes they find a club that is bigger in there heart then the 'starter' club, like Lampard.

Torres obviously hasn't found that club, and due to the fact that England isn't his native land, he might want to retire on the soil he came from, and with the club that made him into what he is today.

i dont see why people really care about this? he wants to end his career at AM...thats fine. i dont see y it matters. cause he just joined us a week ago doesnt really make a difference. for me its the same thing as him saying this at the end of the season or in a year

i dont see why people really care about this? he wants to end his career at AM...thats fine. i dont see y it matters. cause he just joined us a week ago doesnt really make a difference. for me its the same thing as him saying this at the end of the season or in a year

agreed. doesnt make any sense to me either

http://www.sport.co....rid_desire.aspx

I get what you're saying and I can understand your view. On the other hand, Torres is home in Madrid. While the white side of Madrid think's he's the devil incarnate, the Atletico side loves him and never wanted him to leave. They would welcome him back in a heartbeat even at the age of 32/33. He joined the club at 11 years old and grew up through the ranks. It's only natural the media is going to be asking him questions about leaving LFC, joining CFC, and will he come back to Atletico. When he left Atletico, Atletico gave him the opportunity to say goodbye to the fans. Atletico offered him a director's box when LFC played at Atletic. Torres declined because he was injured and wanted to recuperate at LFC. They love him and it's only natural that the minority Atletic reporters would ask him about Atletico.

Now that the move is over, the LFC game is out of the way, the Spain friendly is done, he can move on, bring his young family to London, and show Chelsea fans what he can do.

There are people who easily fall in love with players. I don't care about Torres. Im only interested in what he does at Chelsea. So, if he want to leave in the summer, ok, give us the 50m we paid for him and let him go. Marseille want Drogba, ok, if the price is right for a 33 years striker, so thats fine.