Josip Ilicic

LDN Blue

Chelsea are on the trail of Palermo's Josip Ilicic, according to his agent.

"Clubs from England are going crazy for him - Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea all want him," he told Sportal.

"But Chelsea wants him the most. There is also an interest from Spain, other Italian clubs and Russia, but I doubt that transfer will happen soon.

"[Palermo president] Maurizio Zamparini wants him for at least the next two years. He is 70 years old and he doesn't need the money, he just wants to do something big with Palermo.

"He wants them to be champions, but who knows what will happen.

"Clubs are ready to pay €15millon for Ilicic but that is not enough. If somebody is ready to pay €20, €25 million, than something could happen.

"But he won't leave for less than 20 millon euros, that is for sure."

Make of it what you will. He's 23, and it could be his agent trying to raise his price. Though if he just recently signed for Palermo, it could be genuine.

Thoughts?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been absolutely amazing for Palermo and has been playing as well as Pastore in the midfield. The guy had a pretty amazing career suddenly after playing in the slovenian third division to playing in the slovenian first divsion for Maribor to Palermo buying him after him only playing 5 matches for Maribor and then him being a key man on a sub top italian team.

I am however not really sure if he would be ready for the premier league, he has been amazing but I would like to see him perform for Palermo for at least a year before buying him, his techical level can't be questioned though and he is very dangerous in front of goal which his 8 goals in 23 games also shows. He is just the kind of player who loves doing crazy dribbles and stuff all the time which so far has worked for him very well in Palermo. There isn't that much with him on youtube but I think this shows my point pretty well :

(huge penalty to Pastore btw but corrupt italien refs you know...)

Everyone looks good on You Tube lads.

If you read my post you would see that I am a palermo fan and have watched all their games this season (on tv) and he has been consistently great, the videos I posted were just examples of what he can do.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You