Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Ancelotti to stay this summer Roman...please and thanks!

In all fairness he should -but losing to yernited 3 times in 3 weeks is a major blow psychologically and shows lessons werent learned.

had this from a United mate this morning -made me laugh, but is a true reflection. (I respect him, he goes to the theatre of shit, and supported before Ferguson arrived).

''Abramovich gets a call from Chris Tarrant,

'Hi Roman, Its Chris Tarrant here, from ''Who Wants to be a Millionaire'' I've Jose Mourinho sat here and he's stuck on a £64 000 question.

How many times has Ancellottii lost to Manchester United in the last four weeks ?

Is it

a) Never

b Once

or c) THREE times ??

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a look on Wikipedia and looked at the league points total of the Ambramovich era:

2003-2004 - 90 pts won title 60 pts came fourth

2004-2005 - 95 pts won title 61 pts came fourth

2005-2006 - 91 pts won title 67 pts came fourth

2006-2007- 89 pts won title 68 pts came fourth

2007-2008 - 87 pts won title 76 pts came fourth

2008-2009 - 90 pts won title 72 pts came fourth

2009-2010 - 86 pts won title 70 pts came fourth

Given we currently have 70 points, i think we will end up with 73 possibly 74. On seasons gone by that would have got us 3rd once, 4th five times, and FIFTH once.

Make of that what you will.......

Stats like this can be misleading.

IE United will win the league this year with less points than they finished second in last time but would they care when they lift the title in the theater of shit? not in the slightest.

Our 02/03 team at their peak could quite easily have won this league season.

The dip in points for the champions since 04-05 (08-09 aside) shows that not just the top teams aint as good as before but the "lesser" teams are getting better and really fancy their chances when coming to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Emirates etc etc...

The only way has been down for every top team over the last few years not just us Utd are going to be probally the worst winners for a long time, BUT with carefull managing, promotion of youth players and clever transfers there is only 1 way Chelsea FC are going and that is up.

On a side note can we lock this thread, how this has got over 1,000 comments and 20,000 views is beyond me.

Stats like this can be misleading.

IE United will win the league this year with less points than they finished second in last time but would they care when they lift the title in the theater of shit? not in the slightest.

Our 02/03 team at their peak could quite easily have won this league season.

The dip in points for the champions since 04-05 (08-09 aside) shows that not just the top teams aint as good as before but the "lesser" teams are getting better and really fancy their chances when coming to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Emirates etc etc...

The only way has been down for every top team over the last few years not just us Utd are going to be probally the worst winners for a long time, BUT with carefull managing, promotion of youth players and clever transfers there is only 1 way Chelsea FC are going and that is up.

On a side note can we lock this thread, how this has got over 1,000 comments and 20,000 views is beyond me.

Agreed, out team setup requires a bit of tweaking to get back on track not a major overhaul.

Didn't we beat Man Ure three times last season (Charity shield, SB and OT)?

True ZSnake, and wasnt there a Double or something ? -another reason to give Eyebrow man a longer stint.

If I'm honest my main concern is the lack of patience reflected in the sacking of personnel by Russian oligarchs. :whistling:

True ZSnake, and wasnt there a Double or something ? -another reason to give Eyebrow man a longer stint.

If I'm honest my main concern is the lack of patience reflected in the sacking of personnel by Russian oligarchs. :whistling:

Hopefully as he was his first choice minion, he will give him the neccessary time that he didn't too the 'others'. :eyebrows:

My biggest gripe with Ancelotti is you can clearly see that there is very little work done in training. I assume they fanny about with 5 a side for a few hours before calling it a day. The whole team looks disjointed, big spaces between attack, midfield and defence and awful combination play between players. Against good teams we seem all over the place defensively. These are things that no matter what players you have will still make you fail.

Look how organised Man Utd were yesterday, every player has a specific role that they are suited to. Hernandez runs beyond players, Rooney exploits space between midfield and defece, Valencia operates the flanks, Park is a workaholic who gets up and down. They are well drilled and extremely well coached. Look at how motivated they came out, look at how they pressed in groups and look at how tight their defence and midfield were. And when they broke they did it with speed. These are things that don't just happen you work at it until it becomes second nature. We use to be like that under Mourinho.

You look at our team now and see Kalou being a complete and utter embarrassment, Ivanovic uncomfortable in attacking areas on the right flank, Malouda playing a forward, Drogba dropping deep trying to create and Lampard just being completely irrelevant to the game unless there is a freekick or corner to take.

We need a proper coach that will organise, motivate and breathe new life into this club that is dying on it's arse. Fresh ideas and who doesn't care about reputations and will drop players like Lampard when they are sh*t. Carlo is not that man.

My biggest gripe with Ancelotti is you can clearly see that there is very little work done in training. I assume they fanny about with 5 a side for a few hours before calling it a day. The whole team looks disjointed, big spaces between attack, midfield and defence and awful combination play between players. Against good teams we seem all over the place defensively. These are things that no matter what players you have will still make you fail.

Look how organised Man Utd were yesterday, every player has a specific role that they are suited to. Hernandez runs beyond players, Rooney exploits space between midfield and defece, Valencia operates the flanks, Park is a workaholic who gets up and down. They are well drilled and extremely well coached. Look at how motivated they came out, look at how they pressed in groups and look at how tight their defence and midfield were. And when they broke they did it with speed. These are things that don't just happen you work at it until it becomes second nature. We use to be like that under Mourinho.

You look at our team now and see Kalou being a complete and utter embarrassment, Ivanovic uncomfortable in attacking areas on the right flank, Malouda playing a forward, Drogba dropping deep trying to create and Lampard just being completely irrelevant to the game unless there is a freekick or corner to take.

We need a proper coach that will organise, motivate and breathe new life into this club that is dying on it's arse. Fresh ideas and who doesn't care about reputations and will drop players like Lampard when they are sh*t. Carlo is not that man.

Interesting opinion, however to be fair to him he has not had any coaching support for a lot of this season(wilkins)....

Interesting opinion, however to be fair to him he has not had any coaching support for a lot of this season(wilkins)....

But he is the head-coach! He is supposed to implement these things with or without Wilkins.

But he is the head-coach! He is supposed to implement these things with or without Wilkins.

The thing with Luiz was a concern aswell yesterday......that could be the final nail in his coffin. Don't get me wrong I am 50-50 with ancellotti. I think Roman will be carful this time though and only sack him if Hiddink or Jose is available.

Spot on Styles.

I did ask months ago "What the hell do we do in training?" Not alot appears to be the answer. The number of times we were switched off from their free kicks yesterday was a real worry.

Not many people on here seem to rate motivation as an important factor in a manager, Fergie proves otherwise.

Not many people on here seem to rate motivation as an important factor in a manager, Fergie proves otherwise.

Motivation, fear.... work for Fergie. No matter who the player if they're not performing up to Fergie's standards, they're sitting. The opposite seems to be true at Chelsea. If you're certain players no matter how underperforming you are, you'll play and play and play.

But who would play instead of Lampard for example? Few months ago Ramires-Mikel-Essien wasn't good solution.

It's not about "Who would you play", but showing those players they are not special individuals, but a part of one big machine. If you give a player who doesn't play much a chance he'll get out there and try to do his best. Check it with Sturridge. He looked like a bomb ready to explode, and that's exactly what he did at Bolton.

The players are as much to blame for yesterdays performance because they shouldn't of needed motivating for a title decider, although a good talk before kick off wouldn't go amiss!

For me though, there were several questions that I think need answering from yesterdays game.

Why start with 2 holding midfielders when we have to win the game?

Why didn't we start with Ramires who has been in better form than Mikel, Essien & Lampard?

Why start with Kalou when everyone knows he only seems to play well coming off the bench?

Why waste a substitution by taking off a defender for another one when we are 2 - 0 down?

Giggs was the difference in the CL ties, why didn't any of are players get tight to him & stop him playing?

I'm not sure why we sit deep defensively instead of pushing 15 or 20 yards further up the pitch, we are like statues upfront compared to Utd & indeed our team last season, can't really put my finger on why we have gone backwards in that department other than the players are a year older?

Ancelotti shouldn't take all the flak as the players didn't play anywhere near their potential & it was sad to watch us give up all the hard work they had put in to get back in the title hunt, the defeat hurts more because we never turned up, Utd were up for it & the result should of been a lot worse. If Ancelotti stays then he definitely needs a top quality coach to work alongside him, a lot has been said about the Wilkins departure & I'm not sure our bad run was down to him going but we have definitely lacked belief amongst other things since he left.

It's not about "Who would you play", but showing those players they are not special individuals, but a part of one big machine. If you give a player who doesn't play much a chance he'll get out there and try to do his best. Check it with Sturridge. He looked like a bomb ready to explode, and that's exactly what he did at Bolton.

Sturridge isn't a bomb that exploded.

I agree with your concept, but my point was just that we don't have an exclusive attacking midfielder. When we played Ramires- Mikel-Essien it was too defensive for someone's liking. Yossi, I don't know...

I don't rate Nani as a great footballer, but this season he was better than any our left sided winger. Valencia is good too. Fast, knows what he's doing, better than Kalou or Nico.

People wanted to see Zhirkov instead of Malouda and we know how that ended.