Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlo can have whoever he wants as technical director or no.2 or whatever,it won't make a difference though as he himself is not good enough.

lol...indeed.

Guys, wake up. This is the worst United team in years. I dont think they have a chance against Barça or even Real If they reach the finals.

But United went through very, very easily. We played like a French League side. Giggs is almost 40 years old, and the fact he is still playing a important role in a side that is likely to win the Premier League shows that the level of the League is not that good anymore...and We are strugling to be Top 4. I agree that our squad is not as good as 2 years ago, but its still good enough to fight for Premier League or to intimidate this not so good Manchester United squad.

Guys - just wanted people to have a look at the below points and see if it makes up or changes peoples opinion of Ancellotti:

In his first season he won the double - The league was won with a low points total(the lowest for 6 years I believe) and we scored over 100 league goals.

He got us to the last 16 in the CL where he was outthought and tactically inferior to Mourhino falling at the first hurdle (you could argue that had the blatant pen in Milan against Kalou been given then things may have been different).

In his second season to date Wilkins his assistant was sacked without his approval. The side are currently sit 3rd in the PL with 7 games to go(with no realistic chance of winning the league)

The season started brightly but we tailed off and personell remained the same. All our promising youngsters were loaned out without being given a fair chance (Bruma, Kakuta, Sturridge, Van Aoholt)

He got us to the last 8 of the CL where again over 2 legs where he was outdone this time by Fergusen (Again you could argue that if the pen against Ramires was given things may have been different)

In his time at Chelsea notable sigings are Benyaoun, Torres, Luiz and Ramires....notable departures are J Cole, Ballack, Deco, Cavalho and Belleti...

He has 1 year left of his contract.

Personally I would give him that year and money to spend - he will then have had 3 chances at the CL league and the players he has bought for us have been good even if he fails...

Giggs is almost 40 years old, and the fact he is still playing a important role in a side that is likely to win the Premier League shows that the level of the League is not that good anymore...

That's not fair tbh. Giggs has been outstanding AGAIN this year and even at this age made a massive difference, I think it's very harsh to bring his age into it.

It isn't the real problem. I don't remeber to have seen people here who want to sack Ancelotti because he failed to win the Champions League, or any other silverwares... No, in my case I want him leaves because of the reasons mentioned below. That's why I think he should use our 7 remaining games to show us he can fix his flaws.

After last night, I'm inclined to agree with this. More and more, I'm mystified and troubled by his choices on the field. The evident lack of heart, desire and motivation in his squad. The problem isn't that we lost out on the EPL and CL. It's the hows and whys that bother me. The players have a lot to answer for but so does Ancelotti. Right now, I'm not convinced he's the man to lead us out of the doldrums.

The problem is Steve that if we give him another year it means giving him another Summer transfer window, it means Ancelotti bringing in players that he likes but which a new coach may not necessarily like. If we are judging him by his track record (at Milan and Chelsea) then chances are it will be more of the same next season, with the young players getting practically no chances and the old guard continuing, how will that make Sturridge feel? I know that if I were in his position and Ancelotti still refused to pick me next season Id want out and we cant afford that, same goes for Gael Kakuta and Josjh McEachran, both of whom should be pushing for 1st team starts.

If Abramovich doesn't have any faith left in Ancelotti then Ancelotti is basically a lame duck manager already, what would be the point in wasting another season when instead we could bring in the manager Roman thinks will be here for the long term, let that manager bring in players he wants so he can build his own squad rather than use Ancelotti's one and let that new manager promote thse young players into the line up.

Transition starts at the top and if we dont change the manager then there can be no true transition.

Guest justin_3d

The problem is Steve that if we give him another year it means giving him another Summer transfer window, it means Ancelotti bringing in players that he likes but which a new coach may not necessarily like. If we are judging him by his track record (at Milan and Chelsea) then chances are it will be more of the same next season, with the young players getting practically no chances and the old guard continuing, how will that make Sturridge feel? I know that if I were in his position and Ancelotti still refused to pick me next season Id want out and we cant afford that, same goes for Gael Kakuta and Josjh McEachran, both of whom should be pushing for 1st team starts.

If Abramovich doesn't have any faith left in Ancelotti then Ancelotti is basically a lame duck manager already, what would be the point in wasting another season when instead we could bring in the manager Roman thinks will be here for the long term, let that manager bring in players he wants so he can build his own squad rather than use Ancelotti's one and let that new manager promote thse young players into the line up.

Transition starts at the top and if we dont change the manager then there can be no true transition.

I think this quote says it all for me:

There was more than £250m-worth of talent on show among the 22 players which started last night, boasting between them a record 1,288 international caps. But, for all that, it was the side with the greater team spirit from the more stable club which deservedly went through. That is a factor Roman Abramovich should take into great consideration before wielding the axe on yet another manager.

Coachs like Mourinho are one in a million. Even SAF could not have done what Mourinho did with Chelsea. SAF took some time to build his team. And years of stability at his club has make him what he is.

If we fire Carlo it will be the same thing over and over again. We keep blaming the coach, but don't work on our squad.

We know what we need, so lets get that now. A creative force, winger, and RB.

I think this quote says it all for me:

Coachs like Mourinho are one in a million. Even SAF could not have done what Mourinho did with Chelsea. SAF took some time to build his team. And years of stability at his club has make him what he is.

If we fire Carlo it will be the same thing over and over again. We keep blaming the coach, but don't work on our squad.

We know what we need, so lets get that now. A creative force, winger, and RB.

But what would be the point if Ancelotti doesn't want them? What will be the point of buying those players if Ancelotti still cant find a formation to suit his players? What will be the point if Ancelotti still cant make our team play at a faster pace than a snail on sleeping tablets. There wont be any point, while new players might help, in the end it wont hide the flaws that Ancelotti has.

Guest justin_3d

But what would be the point if Ancelotti doesn't want them? What will be the point of buying those players if Ancelotti still cant find a formation to suit his players? What will be the point if Ancelotti still cant make our team play at a faster pace than a snail on sleeping tablets. There wont be any point, while new players might help, in the end it wont hide the flaws that Ancelotti has.

The players that Carlo bought in Yossi, Ramires and David Luiz have perform. It was Roman buy of Torres that has brought chaos to our team.

So i believe if Carlo keeps buying more players they will come good.

The players that Carlo bought in Yossi, Ramires and David Luiz have perform. It was Roman buy of Torres that has brought chaos to our team.

So i believe if Carlo keeps buying more players they will come good.

I like Yossi but you cant really say he has performed when he has been injured for the overwhelming majority of the season. Ramires and Luiz have both been hits. You make it sound like a hindrance, if Roman were forcing Ancelotti to introduce Roman Abramovich's son into the first 11 then maybe I would have sympathy for Carlo, but it isn't, its Fernando Torres, one of the ebst strikers in the world, I accept that his fitness and confidence aren't what they should be at the moment but at the same time Ancelotti has to take some of the blame, the fact that Torres looked so entirely out of place last night was a disgrace and you have to look at Ancelotti and ask what has he done to accomidate Fernando? How is playing Malouda and Anelka on either side of him (2 players who are slow and plodding on the ball, something that hugely hinders Torres) helpful? The team last night, with the 4-3-3 set up and the players selected in it were tailor made for Drogba, not Torres yet he opted for Torres, it was basically like having the body of a dragon but the head of a chicken.

Guest justin_3d

I like Yossi but you cant really say he has performed when he has been injured for the overwhelming majority of the season. Ramires and Luiz have both been hits. You make it sound like a hindrance, if Roman were forcing Ancelotti to introduce Roman Abramovich's son into the first 11 then maybe I would have sympathy for Carlo, but it isn't, its Fernando Torres, one of the ebst strikers in the world, I accept that his fitness and confidence aren't what they should be at the moment but at the same time Ancelotti has to take some of the blame, the fact that Torres looked so entirely out of place last night was a disgrace and you have to look at Ancelotti and ask what has he done to accomidate Fernando? How is playing Malouda and Anelka on either side of him (2 players who are slow and plodding on the ball, something that hugely hinders Torres) helpful? The team last night, with the 4-3-3 set up and the players selected in it were tailor made for Drogba, not Torres yet he opted for Torres, it was basically like having the body of a dragon but the head of a chicken.

The fact was that we did not need to buy Torres at all!

That was a vanity sign from Roman, that mess up the team.

If any should have at least waited for the summer.

Sorry but this is Roman mistake all over again. Firing Ray, and buying Torres.

The fact was that we did not need to buy Torres at all!

That was a vanity sign from Roman, that mess up the team.

If any should have at least waited for the summer.

Sorry but this is Roman mistake all over again. Firing Ray, and buying Torres.

No we definitely do need Torres, on last count Drogba is 33 and cant last forever and his form (though it has picked up lately) has been largely poor this season.

How do we know we could definitely have signed him in the Summer? January was the time he was available, it was the right move to strike while he was an option.

I find it hilarious that you blame Roman, Roman who has spent 80 million pound on bringing new players to the club in January. If you cant properly introduce a player the quality of Torres into your starting line up then there is a problem there.

Guest justin_3d

No we definitely do need Torres, on last count Drogba is 33 and cant last forever and his form (though it has picked up lately) has been largely poor this season.

How do we know we could definitely have signed him in the Summer? January was the time he was available, it was the right move to strike while he was an option.

I find it hilarious that you blame Roman, Roman who has spent 80 million pound on bringing new players to the club in January. If you cant properly introduce a player the quality of Torres into your starting line up then there is a problem there.

The problem for Chelsea in the winter transfer window was a defender and a midfield. We fix one but did not took the other and rather went for an expensive striker.

Roman runs the team, and then when everything goes wrong you blame the coach....

Face it, Roman made some mistake in trying to run the team by firing Ray and buying Torres at the wrong time!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We where good with Carlo and Ray, and after that it all went down hill. So Roman has made the mistake more then Carlo.

The problem for Chelsea in the winter transfer window was a defender and a midfield. We fix one but did not took the other and rather went for an expensive striker.

Roman runs the team, and then when everything goes wrong you blame the coach....

Face it, Roman made some mistake in trying to run the team by firing Ray and buying Torres at the wrong time!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We where good with Carlo and Ray, and after that it all went down hill. So Roman has made the mistake more then Carlo.

Lets rewind here. Before January we were not good, we were not close to good. Dont you remember the "bad moment" where we even slipped out of the top four at one stge? Lets not forget it was Roman's signing of David Luiz that has had a huge hand in dragging us back into the top 4 so ebfore you go criticising Roman's interfiering Id say you should keep that in mind. ]

Lets also remember that for most of the season most of us thought Drogba was finished at the highest level, that we needed a new talismanic player to replace him, granted Torres hasn't done it yet (the set up of the team has hardly helped him) but next season and for seasons after that, he will be Chelsea's main man, one of the few players in the world who can adequately replace Drogba so maybe we should be thankful that Roman funded his purchase.

I think you both have some valid points here. Forget Drogba's age though, he started pro football very late and is a strong and fit athlete. He can play at the top level for another 2 years. I think Carlo's buys have been very good and don't disagree with any of them. As Fergusen said today, any team would have wanted Torres, he is a proven world class striker who is now at peak age. It is easy for us to judge but we do not know what goes on behind the scenes at Chelsea, what restrictions Ancellotti is working to.

I can see your point about not giving Ancellotti just the one year, our young players have truely suffered due to his approach....I don't think Sturridge will come back if Carlo stays as manager plus why the hell have we not Signed Borini up to a long deal, he will be class in a few years...

I