Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

So you expect him to show grit, drive, passion with a squad of 16+3 gks and youth over an entire season with key players like lampard who never gets injured out for 5 months and benayoun out for an entire season almost, add to that malaria to Drogba. Top it all by having his trusted assistant fired for reasons only gourlay knows.?

You are demanding I must say.

I'm getting tired of repeating myself. once again injury to key players over the course of a season is inevitable in footie. no team can escape that. A sensible manager then must anticipate the worst and HAVE A MITIGATION PLAN in place to ensure this circumstances do not affect the team when it inevitably happens . that's common sense and i would expect even my 7 year old nephew to know these things let alone a 52 year old man with plenty of european experience. Lack of plan B is a sure road to failure

Injury to Ferdinand,Valencia and Rooney's dressing room unrest didn't prevent man utd from clinching their 19th epl title and reaching the ucl final

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has no idea ,,what Chelsea was like before Roman's money arrived

I know the situation of the club pre Roman as I have supported the club my whole life so relax on the assumption MR CHELSEA FC. btw I see no relationship between your assertion and the issue being discussed.lack of better insight to contribute I suppose.

I know the situation of the club pre Roman as I have supported the club my whole life so relax on the assumption MR CHELSEA FC. btw I see no relationship between your assertion and the issue being discussed.lack of better insight to contribute I suppose.

our fans werent as demanding then ..Probably we were much happier even though Ken was an idiot at times

Let me drive this point home once again. It's a manager's responsibility to anticipate this type of unforeseen circumstances and plan ahead.

Every sensible manager goes into a new season expecting injuries to key personnel and fluctuations in player's form along the way. how you are able to deal with these challenges is what separates the men from the boys. That's a weak excuse to defend the manager, I'm afraid.

Okay so Carlo is in power of who gets injured and who doesn't?, no managers have expectations, but not when your full defence gets injured, and when your up to your last playmaker who has been moved from holding midfield, who then gets injured. And Drogba's maloria, Wilkins leaving Carlo's side, it didn't just effect Carlo it effected the player a lot. Wilkins speaks many languages and obviously is very close with the players, you can tell he misses them when he's commentating or sat with the reporter during halftime. Carlo didn't have power over any of that. The team has to take blame, Luiz and Ramires aren't very diciplined, but there young, and that's why, Mikel has because he's been with Chelsea for some time. For me the team just isn't on form, everything happened all at once in december which really screwed things up, it's been hard to recover, when Lampard and Essien were back on form after the Man United match, we went on and played brilliant, pretty much beat Blackpool 3-0, bosingwa mucking up badly cost us to concede, and then we beat City 2-0 and they hardly ever touched the ball. I never saw our midfield play so good this season in the CIty match, and Man U match (second half). It was very strong, typical that we had 2 weeks time off to get us out of form and then we struggled against Stoke. Really is a shame, but nevermind.

Give Ancelotti a chance, there's no one who we can get better than him, Hiddink there not to sure about, Mourinho will never be back and Bas Boas is staying at Porto.

Lionsden, we know you want CA to be sacked, great, but 71%+ of us don't so stop going on about the same facts/arguments

So because he belongs to a "minority" he has to shut the hell up ?

He... won us the... double? in his first year. Does this not mean anything now?

Even if we did sack him (god forbid) who on earth would you replace him with? Villas-Boas, Hiddink and Mourinho look off the cards. Changing a manager every time we don't win something will turn us into the English version of Real Madrid.

Keep Carlo! :carlo:

So because he belongs to a "minority" he has to shut the hell up ?

Certainly not but he shouldnt go on about saying the same things. New and fresh arguments would be welcomed ;) And the phrase 'shut the hell up' is a bit harsh, dont you think? We can express ourselves in a mannered way also

Lionsden maybe thinks that the players are all under the mind control of Carlo, and all play to his telkensis strength.

Oh and by the way, football is all about results - which can be explained by the simpe equation - result= win = 3 points, result = draw = 1 point, result = loss = o points, - and the great finale - Result = Wins = Glory. No matter what type of way, we should be aiming to win, we have played with 'ugly' football and won, and last season we won the double with beautiful football. To say that we have had the WORST run in 15 years, and before Abramovich coming in, and STILL end up as runners-up with undeafted streak that lasted for more then 2 (maybe) - 3 months is excellence. If you really want to point fingers, point them to the unmotivated 11 players that wear the shirt with 'pride'. I saw not enough passion for the result yesterday, and showed that we lacked in attack. Change is on the horizon either way, if Carlo is there to be the spearhead or not, tough decisions await for the players of Chelsea football club, especially with the look on Roman's face yesterday.

The thing we also have to remember here is that Chelsea is NOT run in the way all the other clubs are due to our owner. Our longest serving manager under Roman lasted just over 3 seasons (Mourinho) and look at what he had to win to keep his job. As soon as it started to go pear shaped early in season 4 he was out without a chance to correct it.

This can't continue for 2 reasons - it is proven that manager longevity brings sucess long term and with the new financial rules we CANT keep sacking the manager every other season.

Whether it is Carlo in charge or not, the manager in charge next season must be given at least 3 seasons in the job even if we don't win anything in that period. Provided of course we are not fighting relegation and are out of the champs league every year......

He is also the same manager who won only 1 league in 14 years in Italy.

He is also the same manager that AC Milan fans don't miss: you wont find Milan's supporters asking him to return in same way you see Chelsea's fans asking for Mourinho.

Just read this Ancelotti's pool, only 31% of Milan supporters wanted Carlo as coach, and feel free to read other comments. It seems that he got more love here after two seasons than among Milan's fans after all those years:

http://forum.acmilan...t=6620&page=221

You hold a strong point, but in my opinion there's a chance it could be unfair to compare Carlo at Milan and Carlo at Chelsea, though they are the same person, but they are different clubs, different boards and different players. If you ask me if Ferguson went to Tottenham, i reckon he would do a bad job. Some managers are only good at some clubs, Rafa for example, he was good at Liverpool, the board kind of ruined him (hicks), but couldn't do anything for Inter, but i think it was mainly financial problems. Steven Mclarin, brilliant manager for Middlesbrough, winning the F.A Cup and going to the europa final with a below average team is really quite something, he went to England and we didn't even make the Euro's and to be honest i don't think he's doing great at Wolfsburg either, aren't they like 15th?. But yet he did all that for Middlesbrough, finishing top half of the table with a team what should of been relegated.

Carlo in my opinion is much better with Chelsea than he is with Milan, maybe he finds it better here, he gets on with the players more, or our players can do his idea more than Milan can, i don't know. But i know what your saying, your debate is good and your holding very good points, but don't you think managers do different at other clubs should be taking into consideration?. We've shined at times this season even with the outdated midfield, Carlo might of put to much trust into the team, but a lot did happen in december you must take it into account.

So why not give him another season and see what he does, Carlo isn't a stupid man he knows what to do with his team, and i trust him because i've seen him do many great things with this team which isn't just luck at all. As for good signings, why not take a look at Ramires and David Luiz, that should show you that you can be confident with his buying.

I have seen good points from you against Carlo, and often thought if Carlo is the right idea after all, but i still have this faith in Carlo and know he can do it. He needs to be given another season, that is my opinion.

If you really want to point fingers, point them to the unmotivated 11 players that wear the shirt with 'pride'. I saw not enough passion for the result yesterday, and showed that we lacked in attack. Change is on the horizon either way, if Carlo is there to be the spearhead or not, tough decisions await for the players of Chelsea football club, especially with the look on Roman's face yesterday.

+1

I felt so sorry for Carlo when we played Man Utd away, he was let down massively by the players. Some of them should be the ones looked at end of season. Not Carlo.

Absolutely not, if we didn't have opposing views then this thread would be redundant. All views welcome for sure :)

Lol, that's what I also think ^^

Give Ancelotti a chance, there's no one who we can get better than him, Hiddink there not to sure about, Mourinho will never be back and Bas Boas is staying at Porto.

I've already said it, so I won't explain the whole thing again... I'm gonna put it this way :

"it isn't because you got the better bicycle in the world that you will be the best world cyclist." Know what I mean ?

Certainly not but he shouldnt go on about saying the same things. New and fresh arguments would be welcomed ;) And the phrase 'shut the hell up' is a bit harsh, dont you think? We can express ourselves in a mannered way also

Honestly, the pro-Ancelotti and the anti-Ancelotti are saying the same thing ever since the creation of this thread... I don't think there is new thing to say lol. And about the 'shut the hell up', that was just an 'image'. ^^

The thing we also have to remember here is that Chelsea is NOT run in the way all the other clubs are due to our owner. Our longest serving manager under Roman lasted just over 3 seasons (Mourinho) and look at what he had to win to keep his job. As soon as it started to go pear shaped early in season 4 he was out without a chance to correct it.

This can't continue for 2 reasons - it is proven that manager longevity brings sucess long term and with the new financial rules we CANT keep sacking the manager every other season.

Whether it is Carlo in charge or not, the manager in charge next season must be given at least 3 seasons in the job even if we don't win anything in that period. Provided of course we are not fighting relegation and are out of the champs league every year......

well said