Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Can see whats gana happen though,sack Ancelotti,get someone else.All starts off well.Starts to go wrong...doubters come in...if its all good come end of the season they'll be kept on for probably another year.If they do crap..offskis they go and we're in the look again,forking out more dosh....

Give him a decent assistant manager,let him serve the last year on his contract..be nice to have a manager whole serves the whole things makes a change.Save the money and either extend it the year after or keep him on depending hows he's done..never know

Never gana happen mind...the manager merry go round no doubt go o..and get to a point where managers look at it and thinks whats the point in going there if your just going to get sacked soon as it goes a bit downhill

If this doesn't explain it, i dont know what will

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect your opinion but i strongly disagree. This is about something more than just keeping a manager for the sake of stability, this is about finally developing a unit, a team that has played together longer than a year.. CA might have made a few tactical blunders but you are quick to forget that he has been behind much more positive than negative, much has happened that has made our form dip and i blame those factors not Ancelotti. Drogba's malaria, numerous of injuries for key players, Carlo's father's death, departure of several key players from last season, lack of depth in the squad, aging players. do i need to continue?unbelievable

You left out osama bin laden's death, the rise of unemployment, inflation, financial bubble and the price of pasta in Italy :D

On a serious note. a great manager must be able to make the best use of his resources no matter how limited and as the saying goes, a bad workman blames his tools

look at fergie, many pundit argued that this is the weakest man utd team since the pl started in 92 and yet he is able to INSPIRE them to 19th epl title and UCL final. a skill that's not synonymous with carlo

Injuries to key players are part and parcel of footie. it's always inevitable and therefore the manager holds the responsibility to anticipate this and many more unforeseen circumstances (in other word, expect the worse) and have a mitigation plan in place. Yet again he failed in that regard and should be held accountable.

To your point about lack of depth and aging players, which again correlates with the point I made above.. If I may ask, whose responsibility is it to ensure the squad is in a shape to compete for the title before the season unfolds?

Can see whats gana happen though,sack Ancelotti,get someone else.All starts off well.Starts to go wrong...doubters come in...if its all good come end of the season they'll be kept on for probably another year.If they do crap..offskis they go and we're in the look again,forking out more dosh....

Give him a decent assistant manager,let him serve the last year on his contract..be nice to have a manager whole serves the whole things makes a change.Save the money and either extend it the year after or let him go..if he doesnt retire and all depending hows he's done..never know

Never gana happen mind...the manager merry go round no doubt go o..and get to a point where managers look at it and thinks whats the point in going there if your just going to get sacked soon as it goes a bit downhill

The problem with Carlo is his peform in Italy. If he was another manager I would probably support him staying, but I know his job since his Milans days.

You left out osama bin laden's death, the rise of unemployment, inflation, financial bubble and the price of pasta in Italy :D

On a serious note. a great manager must be able to make the best use of his resources no matter how limited and as the saying goes, a bad workman blames his tools

look at fergie, many pundit argued that this is the weakest man utd team since the pl started in 92 and yet is able to INSPIRE them to 19th epl title and UCL final. a skill that's not synonymous with carlo

Injuries to key players are part and parcel of footie. it's always inevitable and therefore the manager holds the responsibility to anticipate this and many more unforeseen circumstances (in other word, expect the worse) and have a mitigation plan in place. Yet again he failed in that regard

To your point about lack of depth and aging players. If I may ask, whose responsibility is it to ensure the squad is in a shape to compete for the title before the season unfolds?

1) I left out departure of Wilkins, you can add that to your list :D

2)I agree, injuries are part of footie but they do affect the team, right? Especially if influential team players get sidelined.

3) Valid point, but in order to buy, you need funds, thats for one. Secondly, letting go Cole, Ballack, Deco, Belletti takes its toll - they are high calibre players that are hard to replace.

emo8.gif

The problem is that nowadays keeping a manager is seen as the solution for everything.

Look at Arsenal, they are with Wenger in last 6 years, and they won nothing. Despite sacking all these managers we have 3 PL, many Cup trophies and reached one CL final.

So I don't know whats the point talking about stability...When Roman bought this club he was barely known outside England, now it sell millions of shirts around the club, players like Drogba, Lampard and Terry become world stars playing here, and Chelsea is considered when of the strongest clubs in Europe, the kind of ambitious players would like to go to. So, this club doesn't have "instability".

So, its really unfair people saying they will lose the faith on board if they sack Carlo. The work they are doing is fucking good. If Carlo is non longer compatible with Chelsea's goals and ambitions, so he must leave.

:goodpost:

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

I'm with you on that we should never accept mediocrity for the sake of stability or fuckever. when did standards drop so low amongst Chelsea fans?

It's a shame Andre Villas-Boas is staying at Porto.

It was obvious that he would stay there.

Remember, money talks :Goober:

Managing a club you love means more.

emo8.gif

The problem is that nowadays keeping a manager is seen as the solution for everything.

Look at Arsenal, they are with Wenger in last 6 years, and they won nothing. Despite sacking all these managers we have 3 PL, many Cup trophies and reached one CL final.

So I don't know whats the point talking about stability...When Roman bought this club he was barely known outside England, now it sell millions of shirts around the club, players like Drogba, Lampard and Terry become world stars playing here, and Chelsea is considered when of the strongest clubs in Europe, the kind of ambitious players would like to go to. So, this club doesn't have "instability".

So, its really unfair people saying they will lose the faith on board if they sack Carlo. The work they are doing is fucking good. If Carlo is non longer compatible with Chelsea's goals and ambitions, so he must leave.

Carlo knows Chelsea's ambitions.

Tell me "Mr knows it all", those big clubs never had an off season?

You like to change your analyses quite often.

Few days ago you told us that we are doing bad job with explanation how Red nose and his tools are playing third cl final in four years and we are doing bad in CL.

Is that your profession really? Because I think that you shoud analyse yourself and your skills too, before you can talk about someone else.

Give him a decent assistant manager,let him serve the last year on his contract..be nice to have a manager whole serves the whole things makes a change.Save the money and either extend it the year after or let him go..if he doesnt retire and all depending hows he's done..never know

I want stability just as much as you do but with the right manager

The problem with your logc is that Ancelotti has never been a master tactician and has never demonstrated the ability to disprove that criticism. Is this not the same manager that lost a 3 nil lead to liverpool in the UCL final?

His defeciences were apparent last season especially against the big teams but were masked by the superior squad depth and key players retaining their form and staying largely injury free. When he couldn't enjoy the same luxury anymore, his abysmal tactical nous was exposed clearly for the whole world to see.

Fergie for example has demonstrated his skills over and over again to earn him the immunity he has enjoyed over the years. Ancelotti on the other hand has never shown such ability. my case his simple, when chelsea recruits a proven manager who has demonstrated his quality beyond any reasonable doubt, I will show 100% confidence in him even if we go 3 years without a trophy

The problem with Carlo is his peform in Italy. If he was another manager I would probably support him staying, but I know his job since his Milans days.

:clap:

You basically summarized the point I was trying to stress to laylabelle. You are a legend my man :tophat:

I'm beginning to suspect the "in carlotti we trust camp" are just pulling our legs and know deep down inside that the manager is incapable of inspiring this team/club to greater heights. how would anyone support a man who only managed 1 league title in 10 years with the great Milan side,loses a 3 nil lead in a UCL final and substitute a defender for another defender when his team is trailing with 10 mins left on the clock. I just can't convince my self to support a man that makes fundamental errors which only requires common sense on a consistent basis.

I want stability just as much as you do but with the right manager

The problem with your logc is that Ancelotti has never been a master tactician and has never demonstrated the ability to disprove that criticism. Is this not the same manager that lost a 3 nil lead to liverpool in the UCL final?

His defeciences were apparent last season especially against the big teams but were masked by the superior squad depth and key players retaining their form and staying largely injury free. When he couldn't enjoy the same luxury anymore, his abysmal tactical nous was exposed clearly for the whole world to see.

Fergie for example has demonstrated his skills over and over again to earn him the immunity he has enjoyed over the years. Ancelotti on the other hand has never shown such ability. my case his simple, when chelsea recruits a proven manager who has demonstrated his quality beyond any reasonable doubt, I will show 100% confidence in him even if we go 3 years without a trophy

Would anyone else do better in those circumstances?

Imo last season our team was well managed after Inter knocked us out.

Fergie took a lot of time to earn that immunity. On the other hand you are giving your manager only a season. Or no time because you want him to be sacked.

At the start of the season Mankers were saying "Fergie lost it", "Fergie out".

If we go 3 years without a trophy, I would be very worried. But now it's only 1.

1. I want stability just as much as you do but with the right manager

The problem with your logc is that Ancelotti has never been a master tactician and has never demonstrated the ability to disprove that criticism.

2. Is this not the same manager that lost a 3 nil lead to liverpool in the UCL final?

3His defeciences were apparent last season especially against the big teams but were masked by the superior squad depth and key players retaining their form and staying largely injury free. When he couldn't enjoy the same luxury anymore, his abysmal tactical nous was exposed clearly for the whole world to see.

4.Fergie for example has demonstrated his skills over and over again to earn him the immunity he has enjoyed over the years. Ancelotti on the other hand has never shown such ability. my case his simple, when chelsea recruits a proven manager who has demonstrated his quality beyond any reasonable doubt,

5. I will show 100% confidence in him even if we go 3 years without a trophy

1. You mean a Manager who could win year after year and if we were to go with a season without the title we should sack him and look for another manager who could bring us the "Stability"

2. He is the same manager who won the Champions League twice in space of 5 seasons and almost won it the 3rd time in those 5 seasons.

3. So you basically expect Ancelottyi to fight in the ring with his hands tied at the back and top it all by expecting him to win it? Any title winning club has a BIG SQUAD. I am sure you are a fan of Mourinho, Count the no. of players in that squad and compare to our squad this season. Also, the reason we need a BIG SQUAD is cus titles are won over a period of an entire season. Something thats not acheivable by a squad of 16+3 GK and youth

Btw under him we completed a Grand Slam of 6 out of 6 wins agaisnt the Big 4. Wonder what universe were you in when you mentioned his "deficiencies against Big teams"

4. Can you explain what qualities Fergie showed when they went 3 season without the title and how different they were to Ancelotti's? With the hindsight its all good to say what you said about Fergie. But there have been fans like you who back then spoke of Fergie past his best and getting old and soft with players.

5. I am sorry to burst your bubble, but you have no patience for going without a title for a season, cant see how you will bear a manager that goes without a title for 3 seasons. You will find faults in him to back your claim as to why we need another manager.

I just dont get it when fans say, they would like Ancelotti to stay if he could motivate and be tactically astute and be good man manager, etc. And then add if he was that, they wouldnt mind Chelsea going trophyless. My argument is that, if he was that he would have won the title every season. No one can do that. Fergie went without title for 3 seasons does that mean he was an awful manager and bad tactically?

Would anyone else do better in those circumstances?

Imo last season our team was well managed after Inter knocked us out.

Fergie took a lot of time to earn that immunity. On the other hand you are giving your manager only a season. Or no time because you want him to be sacked.

At the start of the season Mankers were saying "Fergie lost it", "Fergie out".

If we go 3 years without a trophy, I would be very worried. But now it's only 1.

But Ancelotti has never demonstrated the qualities required to manage this club long term

Can you highlight one example of carlotti's tactical genius. . . how he managed to change a game with his superior technical or tactical intelligence. quite simply put, has he ever done anything before or during a game, be it team selection,tactics,subs etc, to impress even the most critical pundits since he became manager?

Know its all in the past but the annoying thing about the whole manager situation is we had the right manager in Jose really,he was succesful,able to change a game,seemed to have the backing of the players.Maybe not Sheva lol but hey...and its just crazy how whatever the reasoning behind his sacking,falling with Roman or whatever sacking him seemed to be the solution when its just led to endless problems since.Cant change things but crazy how its been since then

I respect your opinion but i strongly disagree. This is about something more than just keeping a manager for the sake of stability, this is about finally developing a unit, a team that has played together longer than a year.. CA might have made a few tactical blunders but you are quick to forget that he has been behind much more positive than negative, much has happened that has made our form dip and i blame those factors not Ancelotti. Drogba's malaria, numerous of injuries for key players, Carlo's father's death, departure of several key players from last season, lack of depth in the squad, aging players. do i need to continue?unbelievable

No one takes these into account anymore, thank you for the good post.

All i'm saying is to everyone who want's carlo sacked, be careful what you wish for.

No one takes these into account anymore, thank you for the good post.

All i'm saying is to everyone who want's carlo sacked, be careful what you wish for.

Let me drive this point home once again. It's a manager's responsibility to anticipate this type of unforeseen circumstances and plan ahead.

Every sensible manager goes into a new season expecting injuries to key personnel and fluctuations in player's form along the way. how you are able to deal with these challenges is what separates the men from the boys. That's a weak excuse to defend the manager, I'm afraid.