Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Guardiola is a good manager just because he manages Barcelona.

FACT

Let's see how he does if he leaves them.

Guardiola is good with Barcelona, but i couldn't see him doing well with an average team with average players.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You registered on the day we completed 70m transfers, claim to know our views on Ancelotti from all the way back to the summer and you have the audacity to say that I've got a fast trigger finger?

You've hardly taken part in any of the previous discussions and resort to playing the "I'm a better fan than you" card before even bothering to check arguments, some of which were voiced during the last season (ie shit subs).

My previous post still stands.

So talkChelsea should have millions of active users, because they surely have to be a member of this community to be regarded as a Chelsea fan? When I first started following Chelsea I didn't read forums at all. Then after a couple of years I registred to Estonian football board, and years after that I thought it'd be nice to read what foreign fans think and to see what nationalities they are etc. Since then I've been as active as I can be. I never claimed I knew all of your views, I claim that some of your posts are unreasnobly stated. Bad mouthing Ancelotti, no explanation given, perhaps writing on emotions, who knows. I can still disagree with you even if I haven't read your posts you've made years ago. I do believe Ancelotti deserves more respect than "Cl manager my arse" after losing a competetive match what could have ended either way had we taken our chances. Ancelotti can't go on the field and score some easy chances we've missed and turned out to be game/season defining, he can't spiritually mend Benayoun, Alex, Drogba and Lampard, he can't make players bullet proof, quess what - noone can.

I'm sorry if I offended you, never were my intentions. I believe we've misunderstood eachother.

Holy smoke, just read through this thread and I'll never get those minutes back in my life.

If I can summarize, some people like Carlo and think he needs to be given some more rope because there have been a lot of issues beyond his control. The feeling is that he deserves that out of respect for his results last season.

On the other hand, there seems to be the other side which gives the players more credit for last season's results and don't consider it a big accomplishment given the teams we beat for the cup and the amount of points we finished the league with. They see our team struggling to compete this season and place the blame at Carlo's feet for not being able to get the most out of his players.

Personally, I think that neither of the above arguments are as important as they seem in the grand scheme of things and neither of these arguments will be the basis for the decision on whether or not he stays. I think we can all agree that our team needs to change in order to continue as a top level club. We have players getting on in age, we have new players coming through, but the styles of these two different groups contrast with eachother. It has to be determined by upper management (Roman) what type of team we are going to go forward with and only at that point can it be determined if Carlo is the right manager to take us through.

Most of us will agree that JT has a few years left, Lamps is on the downward slope, Ash isn't getting younger, Drogs and Nico are ready for a change in scenery. We are already installing new elements in Luiz, Ramires, Torres and I think that the idea is to change our team and philosophy under a vision shared by both Carlo and Roman. I think they both recognize the importance of remaining competitive while we undergo this transition but I don't think either of them believe that Chelsea must win a trophy every season. As long as there is a vision and a light at the end of the tunnel then I think Carlo is Roman's man. That being said, I think the straw that would break the camel's back for Roman is if we finish outside the top 4. I believe that's his minimum requirement every season and so long as Carlo's vision is on the same path as Roman's than I think he will be our manager. Once they start looking in opposite directions its over.

I'm not here to accept mediocrity and I'm not willing to accept whatever results Carlo brings, but I am willing to accept that some year's its just not our year and I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Holy smoke, just read through this thread and I'll never get those minutes back in my life.

If I can summarize, some people like Carlo and think he needs to be given some more rope because there have been a lot of issues beyond his control. The feeling is that he deserves that out of respect for his results last season.

On the other hand, there seems to be the other side which gives the players more credit for last season's results and don't consider it a big accomplishment given the teams we beat for the cup and the amount of points we finished the league with. They see our team struggling to compete this season and place the blame at Carlo's feet for not being able to get the most out of his players.

Personally, I think that neither of the above arguments are as important as they seem in the grand scheme of things and neither of these arguments will be the basis for the decision on whether or not he stays. I think we can all agree that our team needs to change in order to continue as a top level club. We have players getting on in age, we have new players coming through, but the styles of these two different groups contrast with eachother. It has to be determined by upper management (Roman) what type of team we are going to go forward with and only at that point can it be determined if Carlo is the right manager to take us through.

Most of us will agree that JT has a few years left, Lamps is on the downward slope, Ash isn't getting younger, Drogs and Nico are ready for a change in scenery. We are already installing new elements in Luiz, Ramires, Torres and I think that the idea is to change our team and philosophy under a vision shared by both Carlo and Roman. I think they both recognize the importance of remaining competitive while we undergo this transition but I don't think either of them believe that Chelsea must win a trophy every season. As long as there is a vision and a light at the end of the tunnel then I think Carlo is Roman's man. That being said, I think the straw that would break the camel's back for Roman is if we finish outside the top 4. I believe that's his minimum requirement every season and so long as Carlo's vision is on the same path as Roman's than I think he will be our manager. Once they start looking in opposite directions its over.

I'm not here to accept mediocrity and I'm not willing to accept whatever results Carlo brings, but I am willing to accept that some year's its just not our year and I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

i concur

I claim that some of your posts are unreasnobly stated. Bad mouthing Ancelotti, no explanation given, perhaps writing on emotions, who knows. I can still disagree with you even if I haven't read your posts you've made years ago. I do believe Ancelotti deserves more respect than "Cl manager my arse" after losing a competetive match what could have ended either way had we taken our chances.

That's exactly why I put it in a spoiler, to avoid butthurt and people getting offended. Then again the fact that we've regressed so much in Europe with CA at helm (remember being undefeated ?) has made the ridiculous CL manager excuse used throughout the season lose any credibility it had.

Triple-highlighted the most important part of your post.

As you said his achievements last season or his results during this one should and may not play a big part in whether Carletto is the manager we need.

However clear signs that he has demonstrated as a Chelsea manager like his appalling management of the already thin squad we had, the lack of anything resembling rotation up until very late in the season, his tactical weaknesses, being more often than not unable to influence a game with his substitutions, the fear of playing youngsters even when they were clearly the better choice (despite lying about them being promoted to the 1st team) and his borderline disrespectful treatment to members of our squad should and will affect the decision on whether or not he stays and whether he is the manager that we need during this so-called transitional period.

Triple-highlighted the most important part of your post.

As you said his achievements last season or his results during this one should and may not play a big part in whether Carletto is the manager we need.

However clear signs that he has demonstrated as a Chelsea manager like his appalling management of the already thin squad we had, the lack of anything resembling rotation up until very late in the season, his tactical weaknesses, being more often than not unable to influence a game with his substitutions, the fear of playing youngsters even when they were clearly the better choice (despite lying about them being promoted to the 1st team) and his borderline disrespectful treatment to members of our squad should and will affect the decision on whether or not he stays and whether he is the manager that we need during this so-called transitional period.

I can't think of a more clear-cut example of a transition period than this one. There have been many posts / threads about this subject and we are clearly looking to rejuvenate the team. Everyone can see that the likes of Drogs/Lamps/Cole/JT and before them Ballack/Carvalho/Deco etc... are soon to be the past for us. We are clearly planning for the future which is a good thing. The question becomes is Carlo the man to lead this new-look team going forward? You've stated some valid arguments against him (I think you're being harsh but that's besides the point) but in the end I think that aside from the Torres purchase we have been picking up players to fit in with Carlo's mold for the future. For me it then becomes obvious that Roman is looking to Carlo to stay for the long-term. Carlo may not be the best coach in the world and he may end up dispatched like yesterday's newspaper but he has the pedigree and he's obviously convinced the man who signs the cheques.

I agree with some of your reasoning against Carlo but I think he's not getting enough credit for his and our successes while getting too much blame for our disappointments. He obviously felt the pressure to deliver CL football and ended up relying too heavily on our established stars as opposed to our youth. He clearly could use a hand with tactical substitutions but he's been hamstrung by injuries and players in poor form. I'm not here to make excuses for the guy, just trying to keep some perspective.

Just read how Kostas said that Carlo never influences the game with his subs. And I also noticed that in the last few months many members here said the sam things every week.

So since when do you need to change your game with your subs every round?

Just read how Kostas said that Carlo never influences the game with his subs. And I also noticed that in the last few months many members here said the sam things every week.

So since when do you need to change your game with your subs every round?

But... he never influences the game with his subs. Or rather, he never influences it positively.

It's like he's trying to force the club to sack him so he can take a big fat payoff with him to Roma. And here are two words to support why we should grant him that dream scenario:

Paolo Ferreira.

Feel sorry for Ancelotti today. I think the change in tactics & formation was a good change, but he made a mistake in personnel. Thank you for everything Carlo Ancelotti, no-one will ever forget the success you brought us last season, best of luck in Roma!

Feel sorry for Ancelotti today. I think the change in tactics & formation was a good change, but he made a mistake in personnel. Thank you for everything Carlo Ancelotti, no-one will ever forget the success you brought us last season, best of luck in Roma!

A-men. Except I never feel sorry for a multimillionaire.