Five players on their way out

Wilson

I think that selling Drogba, Malouda or Anelka would be insane. Maybe they're not in their best form at the minute but they're big players and the club needs them. The fact we've bought one or two top players (Torres, Luiz) doesn't mean we should sell five.

Drogba can still play for 2 or 3 more seasons.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its from The Sun, but it does make sense.

I dont know about Malouda and Mikel. They are not the kind of players that Chelsea must have.

Sorry, but do you realise that Malouda was very influential in winning last season's double?

There are similar articles in most papers today although each paper names different players. I think this is an attempt to rile up the players ahead of the game on Sunday.

Spot on. The papers and oppo fans can't use the 'Roman is getting bored of his toy' anymore So look as to how else they can disrupt us with bull shit stories.

The dust has only just settled on the Jan transfer window for gods sake. Let's get to the summer first.

Anyway I was reading that Torres spoke to Dalglish about leaving way before the story broke,so why didn't any of these 'in the know' papers realise that Torres wanted out a week before the story broke. They know shit,all they've done is look at the fringe players and ageing players and fabricated some rubbish story. A bit like the Suarez 'scored' on his debut story.

Anything to give the bindippers the edge.

well it seems like the sun is the only paper which believes so....the article is a sun exclusive....thank god the sun's a very reliable source....though our wage shave gone up to 175m a year with the arrival of torres and luiz http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/875881/chelsea-wages-soar-to-L172.5m?cc=4716

The Sun states the obvious, but gives juste some random names. It makes no doubt that a lot of players will be sold in the summer. We have to revamp our team if we want to stay at the top.

The thing is, The Sun has no clue about which players will go, but when you say "Drogab, Malouda, Mikel, etc... Will leave" your paper is more selling thqn if you say "Hilario, Ferreira, and Turnbull will leave". So they just name Drogba and Malouda to sell more of their toilet papers.

In my opinion, the players who are likeliest to leave are Hilario, Ferreira, Zhirkov, Anelka and Borini.

• 4 weeks later...

It gets even more ridiculas. Lampard to be replaced? NO THANKS. Where do these morons come up with this shit? I've also heard we will sell Terry. Stupid.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Chelsea-target-Kaka-or-Wesley-Sneijder-as-Frank-Lampard-replacement-with-John-Terry-and-Didier-Drogba-also-facing-the-chop-article707151.html

The Mirror talks the biggest pile of crap going....I don't know why people buy that paper, they make the majority of thier footie stories up....

It gets even more ridiculas. Lampard to be replaced? NO THANKS. Where do these morons come up with this shit? I've also heard we will sell Terry. Stupid.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle707151.html

I hope Zhirkov isn't sold, Malouda has lost a lot of form and he's also getting a bit old, I think Zhirkov will be great on the left side, cause I don't want Kakuta to be forced into that position, which he will be if Zhirkov is sold. Kakuta is best in the central attacking position.

Guest justin_3d

Stop reading crappy newspapers men!

Only sources i see somewhat reliable for this is skysports, BBC and the guardian, which are not 100% the best, but much better of the joke sources you bring over here.

That being said, it's no brain mechanics that Chelsea will let some go, and some come in.

But it's not likely that the likes of Lampard, Terry, and Drogba will leave.

Most likely it's the type of Anelka, Borini, Ferreira, and Hilario that might leave...and with a little side note for Yury depending how he does till the end of the season and Bosingwa if Chelsea goes for Van der Wiel.

Nico will leave to MLS, as we have to make room for Sturridge.

Borini, i liked the guy, but the club treated him bad and he will go to Italy.

Ferreira, a great servant of the team, but his time is up. Especially if Chelsea gets Van der Wiel.

Hilario, no big deal about that.

After that, Chelsea def. needs a creative force in the midfield and some more flair on the wings, which either being Alexis Sanchez or Neymar.

Creative force player, i have no idea and will see what the clubs get. I normally would love to have Ganso and Neymar...but thats fantasy football there. :)

Guest justin_3d

Lampard can't be replaced. The sad thing is, we will one day have to do the impossible, but Lampard is one in a million. World-class player.

Same was with Zola.

But the club has to move on.

For me Lampard, Terry and Drogba are players that can stay at the club till they retire like Scholes, Giggs, and Neville at United.

It just depend on the players if they are able to take that sub due role at times.