Official: Sturridge Joins Bolton On Loan

DavidEU

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we have to fit everything accord to Torres? He should adapt in our own games plans and not the other way around.Glad to see Sturridge do so well on his loan and i hope he keep performing.

You don't pay £50million unless you plan to design your team around that player.

I doubt Sturridge and Torres can form a good partnership they are both very similar. What does everyone think the solution could be ?

Why do you think that? Both have very good off-ball movement and will be a nightmare to cover for opposing defences.

Of course we need a good mid you can supply them with good balls, but as a strike partnership it could definitely work.

Right now, Drogba and Anelka both dont move much without the ball, Drogba plays with his back to the goal, and Anelka drops deep to pick up the ball, neither of them look to get behind opposing centre backs on a consistent basis.

Do you see the logic and sense in that post of yours mate?

Allow me to explain.

Torres is the replacement to Drogba. There's no doubt about it. However the system will not be the same for him as it was for Drogba because I see Sturridge coming in a strike partner once Drogba does go. I therefore see the diamond/Christmas tree being made to suit Torres primarily, because he will become the new main striker.

The players we sign in the summer will be to support Torres. Since we're pretty much sorted in defence, the only thing missing is someone to play those killer balls to our strikers and that's who we'll be looking at. If we buy someone like Sanchez, I'll be very surprised.

Allow me to explain.

Torres is the replacement to Drogba. There's no doubt about it. However the system will not be the same for him as it was for Drogba because I see Sturridge coming in a strike partner once Drogba does go. I therefore see the diamond/Christmas tree being made to suit Torres primarily, because he will become the new main striker.

The players we sign in the summer will be to support Torres. Since we're pretty much sorted in defence, the only thing missing is someone to play those killer balls to our strikers and that's who we'll be looking at. If we buy someone like Sanchez, I'll be very surprised.

I see your point but the diamond doesn't really work at the moment.WE should perhaps start a 4-4-2 since 4-3-3 just doesn't work anymore,our lone strikers are cut of and can't do much alone.Two strikers have been a must for ages now.

I see your point but the diamond doesn't really work at the moment.WE should perhaps start a 4-4-2 since 4-3-3 just doesn't work anymore,our lone strikers are cut of and can't do much alone.Two strikers have been a must for ages now.

Yeah, the great thing about Danny (to keep this on topic) is he's still young and wants to play for us. He said upon signing the loan deal, he wants to be part of our squad so he'll have no trouble adapting. I'm sure him and Torres can establish a great partnership, if given the chance.

Why so you can say you want us to sell Drogba for 10 million again or was it 5 million ? I am really happy with the general play he is producing at Bolton, he is not only scoring goals he is genuinely playing well. I thought he was not going to get a chance but as soon as he got a decent chance he scored, that was not an easy finish by the way !

For me doesnt make difference, Drogba can leave for free.

Yeah, the great thing about Danny (to keep this on topic) is he's still young and wants to play for us. He said upon signing the loan deal, he wants to be part of our squad so he'll have no trouble adapting. I'm sure him and Torres can establish a great partnership, if given the chance.

I think they are too similar, they both want to make the same movements and they both want to attack the first post. I think its tough to play with 2 out and out goal scorers these days, you can only generate so many chances. I think its either Torres or Sturridge for a starting role, playing both of them will not work in my opinion.

I think they are too similar, they both want to make the same movements and they both want to attack the first post. I think its tough to play with 2 out and out goal scorers these days, you can only generate so many chances. I think its either Torres or Sturridge for a starting role, playing both of them will not work in my opinion.

Agreed. As unfortunate as that is, I think we need a different kind of striker alongside Torres/Sturridge for this to really work. He's doing brilliantly for Bolton, Can't believe we didn't give him more of a chance before sending him on loan!

I think Sturridge has a professional and has an down-to-Earth attitude. He has already said that even though he went to Bolton, he wants his future to be at Chelsea - and i believe 100% sure that he can accomplish something here. He is an amazing talent, and i think that in the summer we will offload either or even both, Drogba and Anelka and his role in the squad will be based on the team that Carlo builds from then on.

too get a good partnership you need a CF who is goal poacher who should score 20+ goals every season and that should be torres , and you need a shadow striker who is not as good finisher as your CF but his skills should be his ability to move the ball , his smart movement , he should be very active and mobile , he should be trying to find solutions and not just wait around for chances to score .... that is kinda like anelka and i can see sturridge fitting perfectly in this category ....

being a good out and out goal scorer doesn't mean you can't play as SS , rooney is a great CF , tevez is a great CF but they are both much better when used as SS ....

if sturridge hits the standards he is expected to , then he will absolutely be able to play alongside torres

So, I think that Torres is Sturridge and Sturridge is Torres.

So, I think that Torres is Sturridge and Sturridge is Torres.

Henriqueinho they both want to attack the first post, meaning they both want to use the power of the ball at the near post. That is why i think we will have to either play a target man with Torres or play him on his own. Sturridge will have to develop an ability to play deeper if he wants a short term future at Chelsea.

If Sturridge cannot work well him Torres, he has no future at Chelsea.

Abramovich will build the new team around Torres.

Otherwise he could have a future sitting on the bench waiting for Fernando to get injured.

The ideal scenario for me would of been for us to never have bought Fernando and Sturridge to return when the season ends as a new signing. I think we played our cards too early but we have a world class striker out of it so its cool.

Edited by Badboy

Torres+Sturridge will work? Lets wait and see both playing together. I think they can, because they playing style are very very different.

The ideal scenario for me would of been for us to never have bought Fernando and Sturridge to return when the season ends as a new signing.

Hahahahaha (lmao). What a joker.