Official: Sturridge Joins Bolton On Loan

DavidEU

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he scores more goals than Drogba until the end of PL.

Why so you can say you want us to sell Drogba for 10 million again or was it 5 million ? I am really happy with the general play he is producing at Bolton, he is not only scoring goals he is genuinely playing well. I thought he was not going to get a chance but as soon as he got a decent chance he scored, that was not an easy finish by the way !

I think Drogba and Anelka have been living on their past glory for most of this season. Righty so, they've had great moments and great goals with Chelsea but they need to step up or step aside. They need to accept that their bodies can't handle pressure they could couple of seasons ago. Time for rotation and help the CLUB raise in the table because the situation at the moment is near catastrophic. Currently 5th and in danger of losing our on Champions League spot. Sure, if we win two games we will be one point infront of Man City with same amount of games played but thats hardly an excuse. We need to perform and seal top four with confidence and learn from it. I can't see us not spending this summer, or atleast letting some players go and giving the likes of Sturridge and McEachran a run out, maybe even Van Aanholt. Bruma and Kakuta will be probably great in the future but at this moment their game is still rough and immature if you can call it like that - they don't have the confidence and vision just yet.

Well done Sturridge, keep the blue flag high for us. I can see him being our starter next season with Drogba on bench. The only minus I've seen in Sturridge is that he doesn't like to work that much(then again might be tactics), he does fall rather easily and he does opt for personal glory at times but as long as he keeps taking his chances, thats fine. Again, well done Danny.

Rotation with who?

Drogba, Anelka, Torres & Kalou

These are our only strikers, and it's been argued Kalou is a winger so he doesn't count. We need to find young replacements for Drogba and Anelka (no, don't start a Lukaku thread). Also we must blame the manager here for reluctance to rotate with Sturridge in the fold.

Rotation with who?

Drogba, Anelka, Torres & Kalou

These are our only strikers, and it's been argued Kalou is a winger so he doesn't count. We need to find young replacements for Drogba and Anelka (no, don't start a Lukaku thread). Also we must blame the manager here for reluctance to rotate with Sturridge in the fold.

Fair point there mate but what I meant was that we should keep playing our 4-3-3 and up three would be either Malouda-DD-Anelka or Malouda-Torres-Anelka. We need to sort this selection out in the summer, we lack SS/solid wingers this term and that dull attack is whats causing us problems combined with midfield chaos(mostly injuries). Having Benayoun and Zhirkov back would be like new signings.

I hope he scores more goals than Drogba until the end of PL.

Dude, why do you hate Drogba so much? He's not in his best mood right now, but I'm sure he'll score again. He's a bloody legend, we can't just forget everything he's done for this club. Of course, we also can't live with the memories, but let's give the man some time.

I am really happy for Sturridge. Honestly, it's better for him to be where he is now. Hope he scores lots of goals and he comes back in the summer.

I doubt Sturridge and Torres can form a good partnership they are both very similar. What does everyone think the solution could be ?

An attacking midfielder to link the play. Not going to speculate on who, but the type of player should be the one who gets it in the final 3rd then makes the choice of which striker to play it to, as they'd be on either side of him (ahead). Sort of like Anelka did vs Sunderland.