Official: Sturridge Joins Bolton On Loan

DavidEU

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good move for Sturridge. I'm going to try and watch as many Bolton games as I can now.

It will be interesting to see how he works with big men like Elmander and Davies because he has the pace and directness to compliment their styles.

Hopefully he stays injury free!

Owen Coyle on Sturridge :

Coyle said: "I'm absolutely delighted to bring Daniel to the football club until the end of the season.

"When we were made aware that there was a chance he'd be allowed out on loan then we certainly tried to do everything we could to convince him that this would be the best place for him.

"I think he's such an exciting young talent who I believe will have a very positive impact, probably similar to the impact Jack Wilshere had last year, because I believe this is a player who is capable of playing in the Chelsea team, as Jack Wilshere was capable of playing in the Arsenal team.

"Sometimes at elite clubs there's a tendency to maybe not quite be convinced because of their youth and everything else, so it gives Daniel the platform to go and show everybody what he has in his locker.

Then I guess it's a good move for Stu. Coyle seems to be really happy with this deal. I think we can expect that Danni will be a regular starter !

Good luck Danni, and show to Carlo what you worth !

Good move for Danny boy.He will get regular football at the Reebok and hopefully help derail the Goons and Manure,oh and Citeh as well.

Sturridge said on Sky Sports News he was "delighted" at Torres's arrival at Chelsea,but had very strong words for Drog and Nic.

I predict a riot!

"I'm not worried about Torres coming in," Sturridge said. "I believe in myself. I'm not worrying about any players the club signs because it's a world-class club with world-class players.

"I think Didier and Nico are coming towards the end of their careers now and we needed to replace them at some point. It's great that we've signed Fernando Torres, he's a great player.''

"I don't think Chelsea are going to let me leave even if I was interested in going,'' he said. "They made it quite clear they weren't going to entertain a transfer, and in the beginning I wasn't allowed to go on loan. I'm a Chelsea player and I love Chelsea.

"I've come to Bolton to further my career and gain first-team experience, and I'm sure the manager here will help me to achieve that goal. It'll be a great period here for me but then I'll go back to Chelsea and try to further my career there.''

"I was a bit surprised with the stuff about me going to Liverpool because Chelsea had told me from day one that I wasn't part of that deal and they weren't going to allow me to leave, so that was never the case.''

Good stuff Danny.

Also glad to see he was never going to be a part of the Torres deal.

:chai:

Does Sturridge know something we don't, most people on here think Drogba will play till 40, and get his contract extension. :rolleyes:

He only covers a few hundred metres each game so he could continue until his mid fifties,he'll still be fresh as a daisy.:)

Does Sturridge know something we don't, most people on here think Drogba will play till 40, and get his contract extension. :rolleyes:

Yes i think he will extend it for a year or two and retire as a Chelsea player. At least i hope so. :D