Dimitri Payet

chrismada9

Chelsea last night made a move for one-time Liverpool target Dimitri Payet of St Etienne.

As talks rumbled on over Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, the Premier League champions asked about the 23-year-old France international midfielder who can play on the wing or behind the striker.

He was earmarked by Liverpool’s Damien Comolli as a possible target for their problem wide left position but a deal was shelved as they pursued other targets.

Yet now, after Paris St Germain lined up Payet to replace Sunderland’s new acquisition Stephane Sessegnon on Friday, Chelsea have put in an offer with St Etienne.

---------------

Source: Daily Mail

---------------

Anyone reckon he will follow Torres?? He wouldn't be a bad buy actually. Very young, broken into the France National Team. Great prospect. Plays up front as well.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/chelsea-offre-10-meur-pour-dimitri-payet_61894

chelsea to offer 10M Euros for Payet who wants to leave the club. apparently PSG had their 7M Euro bid rejected since St Etienne are looking for something close to 10M.

Report on Canal +

ASSE had a great start to the season.... Payet has been a revelation, scoring eight goals and playing consistently well. He has been better than Hazard this season in my opinion. I'm surprised he wants to move, though after a promising start they have slipped to eighth. A top talent and someone I'd welcome at the club - but I haven't seen anything else linking him here, so I guess time will tell.

Chelsea target Dimitri Payet claims he wants to leave St Etienne and join Ligue 1 rivals Paris St Germain.

The 23-year-old France international has been interesting a host of clubs following an impressive season with Les Verts.

Premier League champions Chelsea have been linked with a move, but it seems that he is not interested in joining the Stamford Bridge outfit.

PSG have moved for Payet following the sale of Stephane Sessegnon to Sunderland and, following the breakdown of contract talks, he has now set his heart on a Parc des Princes switch.

St Etienne delayed contract talks until this month, but after cancelling meetings with his agents twice, Payet, who is tied to the club until 2013, is no longer interested in penning fresh terms.

---------------------

Source: SkySports

---------------------

Sod that then! :lol:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You