Charlie Adam

Wilson

So Villa, Birmingham and Liverpool interested in Adam. I've been thinking about him coming to Chelsea. He wouldn't cost a lot, he's 25, can score free kicks, good at set pieces, committed and a good attacking midfielder. An attacking midfielder is what we need. Plus I'd love to see a Scotsman playing for Chelsea again :D. What do you all think?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Villa, Birmingham and Liverpool interested in Adam. I've been thinking about him coming to Chelsea. He wouldn't cost a lot, he's 25, can score free kicks, good at set pieces, committed and a good attacking midfielder. An attacking midfielder is what we need. Plus I'd love to see a Scotsman playing for Chelsea again :D. What do you all think?

I've been pondering this as well. Been watching Charlie for years. He was inconsistent during his time at Rangers. However, he seems to have solved his issues and has blossomed into a real quality player. Think he would be a good addition, but who would he displace in our squad/starting XI?

I dont think he is the answer

Despite his goals this season he has made some dodgy mistakes at the other end, that own goal V Blackburn and that mistake V Brum.

I dont think he is quite what we need TBH

I think he's been great for a player that is in his first ever premiership season and for the club he plays for in it. He could be great for us but because of who he is, what country he's from and who he plays for, plus championship last season, we wont sign him. He would be very good for us i think and i'd be happy to see him come but i just can't see it

The problem when he was at Rangers was that he was not played in his prefered role. He was competing with Barry Ferguson, Pedro Mendes and Steven Davis for a central midfield spot. He was always put out on the left side of midfield or was warning the bench. When he did get a game he showed flashes of brilliance due to not playing regualrly, but he was never going to get a proper shot. I always rated him, but the boo boys made him the scapegoat if something went wrong.

I'm glad he's doing well for himself.......I couldn't see where he would fit into our system though.

if he was a Pat Nevin or Charlie Cooke ...YESSSSSSSS but think he would be more like Sidwell

He's a good player but I think he's a big fish in a small pond at Blackpool, put him into Chels' team and I think he'll be like a lost puppy! Maybe he should step up to Liverpoll or Villa.. But I think he should stay until the summer, I think he owes Blackpool that!

I really think Charlie Adam should stay on at Blackpool for the remainder of the season. He still has a lot to prove and I think if he does that over the next four months then the big clubs including us will be lining up to sign in during the summer.. Then he won't have to listen to Holloway 'Rent-a-Quote' anymore!!!

RTE Sport - The only sports site that makes you wait for your news! (Guaranteed Irish)

• 3 months later...

He'll probably be snapped up by yernirted or the Dippers now

We should express an interest . Our set pieces have been woeful this season and Adam has had more assists this year for relegated blackpool than Mikel, Essien, Ramires and Lampard all have put together. FACT.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You