Chelsea's chief scout Hans Gillhaus will leave at the end of the season

Kostas

Our scouting department is undergoing what seems to be a huge revamp.

After getting rid of two-thirds of our international scouts and our Chief Scout,Director of Youth Football Development-turned-Football Director it is time for Hans Gillhaus to leave Chelsea as the man who is in charge of Chelsea's international scouting network having worked as an international scout for PSV Eindhoven will leave the club at the end of the season to succeed Leo Beenhakker as Feyenoord's Technical Director.

Both Gillhaus and Arnesen were hired in the Mourinho days and their removal is either yet another sign of cost cutting or the rather new direction our scouting department is heading to, concentrating on local London/UK-based talent after failing at world scouting scene.

Either way this is probably the biggest football-related change the club is undergoing since losing Mourinho and his staff, nevertheless I'm sure it won't get nearly as much attention as Wilkins' removal did.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What good player did he scouted for Chelsea??

Blaming or crediting a single person for any transfer deal is as daft as crediting a manager for his clubs's deals during his tenure.

Hans Gillhaus was Frank Arnesen's right hand and as a Chief Scout was frequently in contact with our scouts in Spain (Juan Cruz Sol) and everyone we had in the Netherlands. Papers reported that he was personally scouting Huntelaar before his move to Real Madrid and Keisuke Honda before he moved to CSKA.

Arnesen's friend? Well then he was most probably rubbish at his job and only employed beause of he knew. Good riddance to the both of them.

We have probably the worst scouting department of any major European club. He was a part of that so I won't be mourning his departure.

Arnesen's friend? Well then he was most probably rubbish at his job and only employed beause of he knew. Good riddance to the both of them.

We have probably the worst scouting department of any major European club. He was a part of that so I won't be mourning his departure.

Sure. How do you know what was their job?

Our academy is amazing, with good philosophy. We have very talented players there.

A blessing in disguise? Perhaps the new appointees in the scouting department will do a better, more efficient job.

I'm more for scouting local talent from London and across the country.

Surely we need to improve in signing forein players for the first team.

We surely missed on players like Aguero, Pato, Pastore ... But i guess in Italy, Portugal and Spain they don't have the same rules like in England.

A blessing in disguise? Perhaps the new appointees in the scouting department will do a better, more efficient job.

If it's for price cuts, surely the new scouts will only be worse...Oh for fucks sakes! I really hope it's not for price cuts.

If it's for price cuts, surely the new scouts will only be worse...Oh for fucks sakes! I really hope it's not for price cuts.

My theory is that if it is to do with cutbacks on spending then it makes sense to trim the fat from the department and instead of having say 10 scouts round europe of average quality it would be better to have 3 of high quality, less is sometimes more or a better phrase quality over quantity, it seems we went for the later in the last 5 years but hopefully are now moving towards the former, big things are gonna happen with the backroom staff in the summer, and id speculate that carlo is gonna get more responsibility, roman tracked and wanted ancelotti for about 3 years before he got him and has stuck by him through our 'bad moment' when the clever money would of been on him getting the chop, maybe just maybe roman has decided that going back to the english model of football management after giving the european model ago id say its probably cheaper to run as well which could be another reason for the possible switch.

We have probably the worst scouting department of any major European club. He was a part of that so I won't be mourning his departure. We got one of the most talented youth squads in Europe.fact!