Abramovich fears UEFA's financial fair play rules

LDN Blue

we are almost rosey imho with our finances from this year accounts (released year from now)

Exactly.

The media can't be arsed with actually thinking through why we've not signed players so far and hence find it easier to put up an article saying Roman's scared of those rules.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ok. Well Platini did meet with the City owners in Dubai of the Christmas period, who knows what happened in those discussions :whistling: hopefully you're right about the sponsorship rules and it means City will comply like we would have to.

Well the owner can pump 35m in the first year then less over the next 2 years so I wouldnt be suprised for the plans to happen but after the first year of doing it id wager platini giving clubs longer and allowing owners to pump more money in, he will use an excuse along the lines of to many teams are to far away from being even, he will then alter the original plans to a 5 year break in period with the owners allowed to pump more money in the first 2 years then the original plan for the remaining 3, he gives the big clubs longer to break even without losing to much face in the eyes of the media and fans, can anyone really see real madrid, barcelona etc not being able to play in uefas showpiece event? I cant it will be those teams that get the rules bent to suit and we will be able to follow in their slipstream, imo that is what man city are banking on and even then they will be very lucky to make the cut, as I reckon it will take man city 10 years to break even and thats like us having the debts written off by the owner each year, as they have far superior expenditure than us and im not talking about transfer fees.

In theory, I love the rule if I'm honest. It stops clubs spending billions and billions on players, and rather invest it in the academy (well that's the incentive) and starts teaching them to live within their means (quite literally). It stops clubs reaching the point of bankruptcy like the likes of Leeds & Portsmouth have succumbed to in recent years. The consequences of not being able to play in Europe economically damaging and humiliating for big clubs.

That being said we just know it won't be applied properly. The likes of Real Madrid, Manchester City & Manchester United will all become exempt because of some legal jargon which will find a loophole in the rule. For example; we know ManCity have already found a solution (via Etihad). And like Lampards Bitch said, if any club is going to be punished for breaching those rules.. It's us.

It's pretty obvious Roman's taken a lot of interest over it. Bruce Buck, a man who hardly ever talks, came out in support of the rule, on behalf of the club. He'd only do that to show we're committed to it, and will implement changes to comply. We've already seen the wheels in motion, from the releasing of Ballack to likes of the sacking of Ray Wilkins. The latest scout department revamp is further evidence of this.

Do you believe that the football world is against Chelsea ? That Platini created this financial rules just to fuck Chelsea ?

Do you believe that the football world is against Chelsea ? That Platini created this financial rules just to fuck Chelsea ?

Not at all. These rules are a great idea like I've said.

But it will be apparent that the likes of Madrid will get away with it. I don't even think City can, or United. I do believe Platini does target these rules at English football more than any other though.

But it will be apparent that the likes of Madrid will get away with it. I don't even think City can, or United. I do believe Platini does target these rules at English football more than any other though.

Goes witout saying that seeing as when announced he mentioned our club by name as an example, english football has the most money in it and fifa/uefa dont like it, more than likely because they realise that if clubs get fed up with uefa that our top clubs in england will be the first to march off and setup a european super league with its own managing body (uefa/fifa), the top clubs have alot of power in the modern game and if they wanted to they could go setup the ESL tomorrow, and if that happened where would uefa/fifa money come from?

I disagree.

The new rules basically want to keep the status quo. The don't want clubs like Barcelona or Madrid to ever come under threat from upstart clubs that can compete financially. For anybody who thinks these new rules are good you will see how wrong you are in10 years time when we can't compete with the likes of Real, Barcelona, Manchester and Arsenal because we don't make anywhere near as much money as they do. They all have bigger stadiums and Real + Barca make more money through stadiums and TV deals.