TalkChelsea Managers League chat

Shane

XpertEleven always has that x-factor thing in it, which makes it enjoyable. Can't win them all, right? :)

Been having this though for quite some time now. Something needs to change in the league, getting very dull and repetetive. Basically the season is determined by the fact if someone manages to hold X-Rated to a draw or not and automatically the 3 coming up from Championship are relegated, no questions asked, I just can't see none of Nour FC, X-Rated, Sinised JK, Blue Ultras or Blue Bulls being relegated. This season I lost motivation from the beginning because I didn't get result against X-Rated. So in that sense this inequality amongst team qualities is ruining the game. Not blaming or dissing X-Rated any way, he has built his team very well and reaps the rewards but at the same time he has been in the game and in the Premier League for around 7-8 seasons longer than other active managers. So that has built unfair advantage which is hard to break with even the best tactics, it's like Real Madrid and 3 Evertons in the league, sure there's a possibility of an upset but it's always an up hill battle. And because the prize moneys are a joke, there's only one position to aim for and that's number one. Short seasons mean one bad result and it's over, eventual winners rarely stutter more than 1-2 times.

My solutions:

• Promote the league, get more active people involved and bring back Cup (I know it requires VIP membership, but still)
  • Let's form a new league with new teams from scratch, would spice it up again, give everyone the chance to play fresh with youngsters. Because at the moment only X-Rated can allow himself the luxury of getting the tactics wrong and still get the result or play player out of position/very young and low skill youngsters and still get the result, while others have to buy 27-30 year old players to keep up, while being in a 360 degree circle of death where they can't invest in youngsters without the scare of relegation / nightmare season, which would not only be demotivating but also would mess up any hope for decent skill-ups and player development. Forming from scrach, one big league would not only benefit the competetivness but also would give time for development, room for error/unluck. At the moment one injury and basically your chance of a skill-up is gone. This would also help new people get involved. New players usually start from Championship or lower tier, where 75%+ managers are sacked, so it's like playing a single player game, not a good introduction to the game. The social aspect or banter, rivalry and a bit of pre and post game drama is what makes this interesting, not necessarily the process of choosing tactics itself. That way new players would have realistic chance of getting atleast 1-2 wins in their first season, get the taste of the actual game, get tips-feedback post-game and so on. I can't think of a single negative thing about starting fresh.

I think those would be pretty decent ideas and explanations. Because it's getting tiresome and predictable. I've won it all multiple times on 3 different league tiers and losing the motivation, don't see the point anymore long-term. And if this league loses anymore active and competetive managers then whats the point, would be just formality from day one to last game of the season. Losing Super Villains and Fake Madrid was a huge blow aswell.

All points spot on. There is another solution, but obviously all those involved will have to agree. Not sure if this option is even still available but the admin of the league could in between seasons (I forgot what the actual term used in the game was) could bring the level of the teams in the league closer.

Basically, it's a just butting that the admin clicks on and it bridges the gaps between the teams. It strengthens the teams with the weak squads and strengthens the teams with the tough ones. The team with the best squad will remain so as will the team with the weakest squad, but the gap will just be smaller.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was the big elephant in the room and noone mentioned it earlier. Agree with you guys. Only one who could oppose this is TermX but I'm sure he sees the need for this, otherwise he will be dividing the titles with bots. Potential new players want to win and the sooner the better, as it stands the new teams promoted to premier league will lose a season in terms of development and will go down - all of the other 5 teams have cemented themselves in the big game and it takes something special to change that. A change is needed, noone wants to be second best all the time and it does not come down to skill etc, it comes down to whoever had the luxury and time to get a head start.

All great points. However, someone is always going to have a head start to some extent, or buy better players, use resources more intelligently etc. UpTheChels was in this league from the start and he remained competitive with me, I just happened to win the titles (we had teams of similar quality). Super Villains were not too far behind, when we started.

I've just logged in, we have 12 active managers (the earliest log-in being today and the latest being '06-06-2014'). So what are we saying?, start a fresh league with those 12 managers?

It would be a hassle to say the least, getting everyone to switch and start from scratch. I'm open to the idea though, we'd need a poll.

I might be up for rejoining if were starting again. My last attempt to rejoin i lost motivation because i was so far behind the big team's it would have taken far to long to get my squad to a state were it could compete. I would have just kept yo yo ing for ages. When i first joined i compared my squad to the best few and i knew i would have been able to compete after a few season's, starting in league two and climing up (ie still winning while building my team) helped a lot.

On the other hand i could understand if term and the rest at the top would be skeptical, i would be aswel if i still had my fookers team (i had to quit due to going away for 10 weeks).

All great points. However, someone is always going to have a head start to some extent, or buy better players, use resources more intelligently etc. UpTheChels was in this league from the start and he remained competitive with me, I just happened to win the titles (we had teams of similar quality). Super Villains were not too far behind, when we started.

I've just logged in, we have 12 active managers (the earliest log-in being today and the latest being '06-06-2014'). So what are we saying?, start a fresh league with those 12 managers?

It would be a hassle to say the least, getting everyone to switch and start from scratch. I'm open to the idea though, we'd need a poll.

What about this:

All points spot on. There is another solution, but obviously all those involved will have to agree. Not sure if this option is even still available but the admin of the league could in between seasons (I forgot what the actual term used in the game was) could bring the level of the teams in the league closer.

Basically, it's a just butting that the admin clicks on and it bridges the gaps between the teams. It strengthens the teams with the weak squads and strengthens the teams with the tough ones. The team with the best squad will remain so as will the team with the weakest squad, but the gap will just be smaller.

Starting fresh would be the best idea still. We'd need ask around from those active managers, see what everyone thinks, so we get the idea of how to move forward. I'd say at the moment it's best to stick with one league formation, because there's too much of a risk that the second tier will drop off again and we'll be right at the start again.

At the moment the problem isn't only the big gap between the teams but also the fact that it's hard to recruit players. Before starting we'll need to advertise the idea, get 14-16-18 people and see how it goes. I'm sure couple of old players would fancy a return with this format, for example Tomo. Longer seasons would also mean more weekly revenues and more activity inbetween seasons, so it's invigorating on every level.

To answer the point Term-X made, then yes, there's always going to be a gap eventually, but atleast we'll get fresh start, active roster of players to rejuvenate the competition, I started 2011 and it's all been the same even before that. Because as it stands now, basically, the active players are killing the league, because they're too far ahead to make it interesting or "marketable" to new players.

I'll send active members a message on XpertEleven and direct them to this thread, so they can have a word in.

What about this:

I could do that, (don't recall seeing it as an option when starting this new season though). So next season we could start with those 12 active teams in one league and boost the new guys. We should add a poll to this thread with that as an option for sure.

I'm open to anything right now because I lost interest in this game a while ago, so why not.. nothing to lose. Having more than one division, does isolate new members from the 'banter' and social aspect, plus the points MetsajCFC made about longer seasons. One concern however, would be that the new managers in a 2nd season would have nothing to play for, with there being no relegation fight. And unless someone is going to become a V.I.P member, we won't have a Cup to pacify those guys either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the season is just about to end, wouldn't mind any of the ideas suggested above,, if @MetsajCFC is right and the newly promoted teams will in all likelihood get relegated again, then i think you know where i stand. :D

If we started an all new league with 12 new teams and what not, then fine..whatever you guys decide i'm all in.

I'm sorry I completely lost interest in my team. How's SuperVillains doing without a manager? Got deleted or did someone take over?

At the moment they are without a manager and are cruising in 4th position in the Championship. Team is worth a little over 27m.

GP W D L GF - GA GD P

12 4 3 5 15 - 18 -3 15