Edinson Cavani

CFC58

We are still his best option.

Barcelona plays with no striker and to be Messi's second option is like not playing at all. Real Madrid wants Falcao really bad, so they will not focus on him (at first). ManCity has 4 top strikers already. PSG has Ibra for 2 more years.

Cavani + Ba = :wank2:

Yes, but City play with 2 strikers so three of them play every game. They actually need four strikers. If they decide to replace Ballotelli, they'll need to buy someone. We need two strikers so we'd have to sell Torres in order to justify buying anyone new. Ibrahimovic is still class, but he's going to be 32 at the beginning of next season and PSG spend like drunken sailors who just got paid, so they might want to splurge on a striker. Real Madrid could also be in the hunt if they sell one of their top-two strikers which is a possibility. Only Barcelona, I don't see happening. They'll probably eventually get Neymar who fits in with their style much better.

Yes, but City play with 2 strikers so three of them play every game. They actually need four strikers. If they decide to replace Ballotelli, they'll need to buy someone. We need two strikers so we'd have to sell Torres in order to justify buying anyone new. Ibrahimovic is still class, but he's going to be 32 at the beginning of next season and PSG spend like drunken sailors who just got paid, so they might want to splurge on a striker. Real Madrid could also be in the hunt if they sell one of their top-two strikers which is a possibility. Only Barcelona, I don't see happening. They'll probably eventually get Neymar who fits in with their style much better.

I am not disputing the fact they will probably aproach Cavani, I just think he will choose us (if it does not come down to money).

I would prefer to go to Chelsea and have a secure starting position than to fight with Aguero or Ibrahimovich. Also, I really think Real has its eyes solely on Radamel Falcao (imagine they taking Atletico's best player).

Don't see that happening at all. Athletico can't even afford to keep Falcao. They'll settle for some cheaper striker as his replacement. Cavani's agent is quoted as saying "I’m sure there are clubs ready to pay that [63 million euro buy-out clause] in the summer, but only five clubs in the world can afford to do that - Barcelona, http://sports.yahoo.com/fbes/teams/rem'>Real Madrid, Manchester City, http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/che'>Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain." [

Don't see that happening at all. Athletico can't even afford to keep Falcao. They'll settle for some cheaper striker as his replacement. Cavani's agent is quoted as saying "I’m sure there are clubs ready to pay that [63 million euro buy-out clause] in the summer, but only five clubs in the world can afford to do that - Barcelona, http://sports.yahoo.com/fbes/teams/rem'>Real Madrid, Manchester City, http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/teams/che'>Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain."

I didn't even think to take wages in to consideration. Reading the origianl post I realize how tired I am. Bedtime me thinks.

Cavani would be my chelsea dream signing even over Falcao

he offers width when needed and can play with another striker

the only issue with any potential deal is that he has one of the worst agents around.

There were 2 major hurdles before: the Napoli owner and the buy-out clause.

Now the owner admits that he would sell him, so the only remaining obstacle is the price.

Would be a dream signing but would never happen unless Torres was ditched or went the other way.

There were 2 major hurdles before: the Napoli owner and the buy-out clause.

Now the owner admits that he would sell him, so the only remaining obstacle is the price.

Would be a dream signing but would never happen unless Torres was ditched or went the other way.

ditching Torres and his wages would open so many options in rebuilding our squad that will allow us to show the real quality we have in the three AMC's

Hi all I'm a Napoli supporter from Italy

I saw you’re very interested in the best player Napoli ever had after Maradona, and talking about his cost, but I think you need some detail about his clause.

Actually Cavani’s clause is 67 millions of euros, 63 for Napoli + 4 for Montevideo, + taxes (55 Millions of pounds), and has very strictly rules:

* Who buys has to pay the entire amount in one time, no instalments
* It’s valid only in June and July, to allow Napoli to replace the player
* If you offer all the money, Napoli cannot reject, only Cavani can

Cavani earns 4.5 millions of euros / year + taxes, + bonus for goals and objectives that should add 1 million/year

Napoli has no interest in selling Cavani, the clause is just a shield against external offering, and the team doesn’t need money (balance + 30 millions last year) and will never find any player that can replace Cavani

We received and refused an offer of 55millions from Zenit before the definition of the clause

So don’t think to take Cavani with a lower offer than the clause, or to exchange with some player.

Greetings from Italy, i hope we can have a revenge in next matches of Europa Leage

i have strong feeling we will not get Cavani or Falcao till the time Torres is in the club...

think about it ! no club will ever take him given how useless he has become over the course of time ... don't think the club will cut him lose and absorb the lose out of it !

so we will be going behind strikers who are good and come for cheap !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You