Edinson Cavani

CFC58

It's not the money it's just the fact that they don't have a manager with any strategy yet so they are inclined to buy any player that they think the future manager will want.

Well I thought they made their strategy known already?

To win 5 trophies in the next 5 seasons. That is a very bold approach, I guess we can say something similar to what Chelsea aimed for a couple of years ago.

Now we are more for developing younger players and paying less.

So got to face it, we are no longer competing for top expensive players like before.

I really think torres was our last expensive buy for quite a long time.

Oh people where asking if Real Madrid was interested in Cavani?

Real Madrid join chase for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani

I am like 90% sure we are NOT going to get him.
With Mourinho conference, it looks more and more like we are going to rely more on younger players and spend less.

Best scenario for this case:

-Barca buy Torres for £17m

-West Ham buy/want to loan Ba

-Cavani signs for us for £53m

-Lukaku get a lot of chances

Everyone happy. From Ba and Torres last season to Cavani and Lukaku this season is just an incredible improvement.

Hopefully Uruguay is knocked out in the group stages so we have a quick resolution to this transfer.

http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/matches/index.html

At the very minimum we must wait at least 10-11 more days, even then Uruguay will probably qualify because they along with Spain will probably finish 1st and 2nd of that group. So this saga will last the whole of this month at least imo.

Oh people where asking if Real Madrid was interested in Cavani?

Real Madrid join chase for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/12/edinson-cavani-napoli-real-madrid

I am like 90% sure we are NOT going to get him.

With Mourinho conference, it looks more and more like we are going to rely more on younger players and spend less.

jose said its normal for a couple of new signings. He didnt say a couple of new cut price signings. Im sure we will still be amongst the top spenders

Whilst a couple means two, I am sure if the correct players are available for the right price the figure of two goes by the way side IMO.

I dread to think what sort of beast Jose could turn cavani into.

I'm almost certain Cavani would be a 30 goal striker under Mourinho!

Also, Gourlay mentioned we'd be signing 2 or 3 players to be a part of the team in Thailand, so hoping for some adequate pieces of business soonish ;)

When you look at the last three or four transfer windows, we have continued to invest in the team and the philosophy of the football club is based on success on the field.

We will continue to strengthen the team and I am expecting the introduction of two or three new players and hopefully they will be in place in time to be part of the team in Thailand. http://www.chelseafc.com/pre-season-tour-article/article/3098213/title/gourlay-a-base-in-bangkok

What really annoys me from some people is how they seem to have this lower club syndrome...dafuq WHY WOULDN'T CAVANI WANT TO COME HERE?

At the moment, we are the most attractive team for a player, especially for a striker.

Why?

• Weak strikeforce in which Cav would kick ass.
  • Besides that, it's London, and I don't think I've ever heard a Chelsea player complain about life in London.
  • We compete for all trophies and we win them on regular basis, something only Manu, Bayern and Barca do.
  • Fergie retired, Bale will probably leave meaning Manu and Tottenhem will be weaker = less competition
  • We have the most talented squad and that is a fact.
  • Lukaku - the most talented striker at the moment with really fearsome potential.
  • Hazard, Oscar, De Bruyne - most talented along with Gotze and Neymar.
  • Azpilicueta - best young RB in the world.
  • Courtois - best young GK in the world
  • Rich ass owner.
  • Currently best manager in the world - ready to stay long term and settle for the first time in his career.

And yet people come here claiming we have no chance competing with Real and City? Oh bug off...

If I was Cavani, I would pick Chelsea because of the PL, because of the profile of players we have and because of Mourinho. It won't be difficult for Can to establish himself here and become an icon at SW6. I would want that fierce competition you get in the PL, I would want to face off PL defenders and show 'em they ain't as good they think they are.

I wouldn't pick Real because of the 2 horse race and all that pressure that follows you even when you're taking a shit...I wouldn't pick Real because I would have to play with Ronaldo who would take half of my balls and make me less influential in the overall play.

What really annoys me from some people is how they seem to have this lower club syndrome...dafuq WHY WOULDN'T CAVANI WANT TO COME HERE?

At the moment, we are the most attractive team for a player, especially for a striker.

Why?

• Weak strikeforce in which Cav would kick ass.
  • Besides that, it's London, and I don't think I've ever heard a Chelsea player complain about life in London.
  • We compete for all trophies and we win them on regular basis, something only Manu, Bayern and Barca do.
  • Fergie retired, Bale will probably leave meaning Manu and Tottenhem will be weaker = less competition
  • We have the most talented squad and that is a fact.
  • Lukaku - the most talented striker at the moment with really fearsome potential.
  • Hazard, Oscar, De Bruyne - most talented along with Gotze and Neymar.
  • Azpilicueta - best young RB in the world.
  • Courtois - best young GK in the world
  • Rich ass owner.
  • Currently best manager in the world - ready to stay long term and settle for the first time in his career.

And yet people come here claiming we have no chance competing with Real and City? Oh bug off...

If I was Cavani, I would pick Chelsea because of the PL, because of the profile of players we have and because of Mourinho. It won't be difficult for Can to establish himself here and become an icon at SW6. I would want that fierce competition you get in the PL, I would want to face off PL defenders and show 'em they ain't as good they think they are.

I wouldn't pick Real because of the 2 horse race and all that pressure that follows you even when you're taking a shit...I wouldn't pick Real because I would have to play with Ronaldo who would take half of my balls and make me less influential in the overall play.

We have best players in Premier League....and Marko Marin!

Futhermore, he would need to pick this move carefully because this is the last big move of his career. If he go out all gun blazing for us and in 1-3 years Madrid/Barca/Bayern...etc want him they would have to pay £40m+ and considering his age by then they simply won't do that(he will be around 28-29 then). If it is busted then his chance of playing at a super power club in Europe is also over, will be the new Sheva/Torres and no big team will want him so he will need to consider this carefully. Or of course he could just remain at Napoli for the rest of his career but that will just show a lack of ambition on his part and he would deem to have never fulfilled his potential. So BIG BIG decision time ahead for him, his next move will have a massive effect on his career, one way or another.

Then after all this talk, at the end of this summer, he is joining Monaco to live his dream life with striker partner Falcao409149_303635496348836_519596036_n.jpg

Whilst a couple means two, I am sure if the correct players are available for the right price the figure of two goes by the way side IMO.

I dread to think what sort of beast Jose could turn cavani into.

I think, Jose used "couple" word as a phrase back there. So it could be 1 or 2 or 3 and so on.

Futhermore, he would need to pick this move carefully because this is the last big move of his career. If he go out all gun blazing for us and in 1-3 years Madrid/Barca/Bayern...etc want him they would have to pay £40m+ and considering his age by then they simply won't do that(he will be around 28-29 then). If it is busted then his chance of playing at a super power club in Europe is also over, will be the new Sheva/Torres and no big team will want him so he will need to consider this carefully. Or of course he could just remain at Napoli for the rest of his career but that will just show a lack of ambition on his part and he would deem to have never fulfilled his potential. So BIG BIG decision time ahead for him, his next move will have a massive effect on his career, one way or another.

GAP

Then after all this talk, at the end of this summer, he is joining Monaco to live his dream life with striker partner Falcao409149_303635496348836_519596036_n.jpg

That's one hell of a gap.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You