Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Now im thinking either consistent raise = making continuous new bids.

or consistent raise = consistent with what Napoli want.

Hah I couldn't make sense of that either.

Its all rehashes of Marca, marca are real madrids paper. But theres no italian media over this like there is for chelsea. plus marca would love to stick the boot into jose

The moment they don't take that offer is the moment we should withdraw from the Cavani race. Torres at the very minimum should be worth 20m euros. So that almost makes up the 60m euro valuation, which is too much to begin with.

The moment they don't take that offer is the moment we should withdraw from the Cavani race. Torres at the very minimum should be worth 20m euros. So that almost makes up the 60m euro valuation, which is too much to begin with.

Well, I can really understand if clubs dont want Torres in a exchange deal. He is a huge gamble. He is not getting younger, you dont know how he will perform and he has a very large salary.

Would Torres accept that move? No way Napoli can afford his wages and would Torres really take a pay-cut? The best we could hope for is that Torres gets as high terms he can possible get at Napoli and then we're stuck still paying him wages for the difference. That's really the only way I see this happening.

Another thing you have to realize is that transfer fees are amortized and Torres still has 3 years on his contract which means 30M of his transfer fee still hasn't hit our books so if he's sold this summer that's really 40M for Cavani + 30M for Torres on our books. Although then Cavani's can be amortized but that's still a 30M lump-sum hit on the transfer budget by selling Torres alone.

Well, I can really understand if clubs dont want Torres in a exchange deal. He is a huge gamble. He is not getting younger, you dont know how he will perform and he has a very large salary.

He will take a salary reduction. The other option is the bench and he wants to be in the World Cup squad so he can't stay on the bench or play with the reserves like Malouda did.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You