Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Cavani: "I have decided to sign with Chelsea and am looking forward to work with Mourinho"

Seriously is there no critical thinking before posting random shit? It's like just a summary of searching of Cavani at twitter at this point, shouldn't this forum act as a bit of a filter for what is obviously BS and doesn't even have a source?

Sorry for me sounding angry, but these kind of posts are polluting every thread and they aren't even funny.

I don't want players here because they want to work with Mourinho. I want players here because they want to wear our badge regardless whether Mou is here or not.

Well.

1. That quote is obviously false.

2. Cavani has said before that he would love to play for CFC, when Mourinho wasn't here.

3. You're deluded if you think most players come to Chelsea because they want to "wear the badge".

Being cynical and deducting things from a false quote for no reason.

Well.

1. That quote is obviously false.

2. Cavani has said before that he would love to play for CFC, when Mourinho wasn't here.

3. You're deluded if you think most players come to Chelsea because they want to "wear the badge".

Being cynical and deducting things from a false quote for no reason.

Well

1: I'm fully aware. I wasn't referring to the quote. I was talking in general since it does seem the consensus that it would be Mourinho to sway him coming to Stamford Bridge.

2: He's also said he'd love to play for Madrid, Juventus, even Inter Milan.

3: I didn't say anything regarding most players coming here to play for the badge, but if we're throwing around 'deluded' I think you underestimate how much we've grown as a club - you're deluded. We're no longer just a place to earn cash. We're now "That team who won the Champions League and all those trophies in the 2000's". We're that team youngsters like Lukaku, Dzagoev, plenty of other talented youngsters now grow up supporting and dream of playing for.

Plenty players would play for Juventus, Manchester United, Real Madrid etc. even if they were fallen giants. The same thing happens at Liverpool. Players consider it an honour to play there because of their past. People go to those clubs because of the badge on their crest. We're no different. We're not PSG. We're not Manchester City.

Again and finally, I wasn't referring to the quote. If i was i would have actually quoted it and responded to it. Cavani was a good example for what I wanted to say and it seemed like a decent opportunity as what I wanted to say was fresh in my mind.

Also isn't you saying "You're deluded if you think most players come to Chelsea because they want to "wear the badge" cynical? No players have come out and said "I don't want to play for Chelsea's badge, that is beneath me; It's strictly money." So where do you get that from? Why do you think they don't come here for the badge?

Well

1: I'm fully aware. I wasn't referring to the quote. I was talking in general since it does seem the consensus that it would be Mourinho to sway him coming to Stamford Bridge.

2: He's also said he'd love to play for Madrid, Juventus, even Inter Milan.

3: I didn't say anything regarding most players coming here to play for the badge, but if we're throwing around 'deluded' I think you underestimate how much we've grown as a club - you're deluded. We're no longer just a place to earn cash. We're now "That team who won the Champions League and all those trophies in the 2000's". We're that team youngsters like Lukaku, Dzagoev, plenty of other talented youngsters now grow up supporting and dream of playing for.

Plenty players would play for Juventus, Manchester United, Real Madrid etc. even if they were fallen giants. The same thing happens at Liverpool. Players consider it an honour to play there because of their past. People go to those clubs because of the badge on their crest. We're no different. We're not PSG. We're not Manchester City.

Again and finally, I wasn't referring to the quote. If i was i would have actually quoted it and responded to it. Cavani was a good example for what I wanted to say and it seemed like a decent opportunity as what I wanted to say was fresh in my mind.

1. Why would you randomly say in an Edinson Cavani thread that you don't want players who only want to come to Chelsea because they want to work with Mourinho then? It's not something you'd randomly say - what he did say was that he would like to work under Jose Mourinho - are you telling me you wouldn't sign him because he said that? That's mind boggling.

2. Still doesn't make it void that he's said in the past that he wants to play for CFC.

3. I'm not underestimating how the club have grown at all I'm just being realistic - I just think anyone is deluded that most modern football players solely come to Chelsea (not even just us, other top clubs too) just because they want to wear the crest. Key word being most - especially those of Cavani's generation. We weren't a top 5 European team when Cavani was growing up whereas we were when someone Lukaku was growing up.

Again, it's stupid to say that you don't want Cavani because he said he wants to work under Mourinho.

Again, it's stupid to say that you don't want Cavani because he said he wants to work under Mourinho.

I didn't say I don't want Cavani. Look through these pages, I'm the main one pushing for this deal :blink: I said I don't want players here who're coming to Chelsea solely to work with Mourinho; similarly how Bundesliga followers are berating Lewandowski for allegedly wanting the move to Bayern simply to work under Guardiola. I want players coming to Chelsea because they want to play for Chelsea. Of course the quote was fake but it showed a mentality which some players do indeed have, and since it was posted in this thread, I posted my reaction to the quote in this thread.

Has Cavani said he'd only go to Chelsea because Mourinho's here? If he hasn't then what I said can't be applied to him and thus shouldn't be discussed as-if i'm being cynical about a player I didn't even mention.

I just think anyone is deluded that most modern football players solely come to Chelsea (not even just us, other top clubs too) just because they want to wear the crest.

I nor anyone else said that but a large chunk of players, in my opinion, would. This isn't something you can say with conviction though unless you've gone around actually asking professional footballers whether they'd play for our crest or not. This is just your assumption. What I said wasn't an assumption. I said what I want - which is players to play for us because of who we are and not who manages us.

We weren't a top 5 European team when Cavani was growing up

We were a top 5 Premier League team though so plenty players Cavani's age, if they were exposed to the Premier League, could have chosen to follow us just like many currently choose Tottenham or Everton as they always look to improve despite being considered underdogs. That's what we were. We weren't exactly Notts County when Cavani was growing up. We were knocking the likes of Barcelona and Madrid out of competitions way back then. Just like how some English natives whose first club is Chelsea decide at a young age to follow a team like Real Sociedad or Fiorentina abroad. There's no reason why plenty of people didn't do that when they were younger with us.

Come and get me, Jose! Cavani says he wants to work with Mourinho at Chelsea

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338914/Edinson-Cavani-keen-work-Chelsea-manager-Jose-Mourinho.html#ixzz2VpBrgpCC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Speaking at Uruguay's pre-Confederations Cup retreat in Brazil, he told Sky Sports News: "The Special One? It would be a pleasure to be managed by someone like him.

'Chelsea? I don't know if they've made an offer for me but I know that working for a coach like Pellegrini or Mourinho would be a great pleasure.

'It would certainly be a great honour to join one of the illustrious teams that are looking at me because I dreamed about doing that as a child.'

'At the moment, though, I am only focused on Uruguay.'

'I don't know if Benitez's arrival could affect my future,' Cavani added. 'Today I have a contract with Napoli but, at the same time, I'm talking to other teams.

I didn't say I don't want Cavani. Look through these pages, I'm the main one pushing for this deal :blink: I said I don't want players here who're coming to Chelsea solely to work with Mourinho; similarly how Bundesliga followers are berating Lewandowski for allegedly wanting the move to Bayern simply to work under Guardiola. I want players coming to Chelsea because they want to play for Chelsea. Of course the quote was fake but it showed a mentality which some players do indeed have, and since it was posted in this thread, I posted my reaction to the quote in this thread.

Has Cavani said he'd only go to Chelsea because Mourinho's here? If he hasn't then what I said can't be applied to him and thus shouldn't be discussed as-if i'm being cynical about a player I didn't even mention.

Hang on, didn't you say that your reaction wasn't referring to the fake quote? Let me remind you:

I'm fully aware. I wasn't referring to the quote.

Anyway, I don't see what's so wrong about a player wanting to come to a club because he wants to work with a certain manager. I don't think any player comes out and says "I only want to come to X club because Y manager is there, not because of said club's history". Obviously if you're going to post something like that in the Edinson Cavani thread after he said that it's natural for one to deduce that you're talking about Edinson.

I nor anyone else said that but a large chunk of players, in my opinion, would. This isn't something you can say with conviction though unless you've gone around actually asking professional footballers whether they'd play for our crest or not. This is just your assumption. What I said wasn't an assumption. I said what I want - which is players to play for us because of who we are and to who manages us.

I'm not saying that Cavani wouldn't want to play for our crest, again I don't know. I'm just using common rationale, how I'd think about it if I was a football player. Again, you can't say with conviction that what you said wasn't an assumption. Your initial quote is an assumption that you think that players who say that they want to work with a certain manager aren't moving because they want to play for the badge. Double standards.

We were a top 5 Premier League team though so plenty players Cavani's age, if they were exposed to the Premier League, could have chosen to follow us just like mainly currently choose Tottenham or Everton as they always look to improve despite being considered underdogs. We weren't exactly Notts County when Cavani was growing up. We were knocking the likes of Barcelona and Madrid out of competitions way back then.

I don't need a lesson on CFC's history. I never even alluded to us being anything like Notts County (don't know how you've deduced that) but you're being naive if you think that most would-be football players back then were dreaming of playing for Chelsea instead of the likes of Real, Barcelona, Milan etc; you have it wrong in my opinion.

Regardless, my main point is that there's nothing wrong with a player wanting to move to a specific club if he wants to work with a certain manager.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You