Wayne Bridge Or Ashley Cole 4 England Left Back Slot

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are top quality left backs and we are lucky to have them both for Chelsea and for England.

The simple fact is that for England Ashley Cole will start every game if fit, and Cole will also play the bigger games for Chelsea. This is because Cole is the better player without doubt, a far superior defender than Bridge. Whereas Bridge is much better in attack situations but is likely to get caught out against decent opposition.

Everybody loves Bridge for obvious reasons but Cole is the better player.

A lot of Chelsea fans have a blind spot for Bridge because of his goal against the goons. Bridge is a quality player no doubt about it, but we have it worked perfectly that Bridge plays when the threat isn't as strong so he can bomb forward. Against a decent oponent Bridge tends to get mugged, i would every time prefer to have Cole playing against the likes of Ronaldo...

i love the way bridge takes the ball up forward but sometimes he doesnt get back, when cole goes forward he seems to always be there and recover, and for the english squad cole because he would be more experienced

Bridge is a much better crosser of the ball and better offensively. Totally agree if you're looking at defensive play then Cole's better, he puts players like Ronaldo in his pocket. Not sure I've ever really accepted Cole though so my totally biased choice would be Bridge.

Cole hasn't done much wrong for England. Bridge has had some dodgy games tho for England, he was very dodgy against the Scroats. I feel more comfertable with Cole in the England first XI. Prefer wayno for Chelsea tho because i think he suits our play better.