Carlo Ancelotti

Term-X

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Connor Clifford would've shown some fresh light by then for our squad..
I thought you'd know better by now ;)

When a youngster of Kakuta's talent isn't given a proper chance to replace Joey fricking Cole C.Clifford has not chance of replacing Lampard.

I thought you'd know better by now ;)

When a youngster of Kakuta's talent isn't given a proper chance to replace Joey fricking Cole C.Clifford has not chance of replacing Lampard.

Eugh I know.. But seeing Josh on the bench, coming off when he can, does give me a tiny glimmer of hope for some of these academy players. If Clifford is sold, it wouldn't surprise me, but like I said, Josh is a small beacon of light of hope.

Eugh I know.. But seeing Josh on the bench, coming off when he can, does give me a tiny glimmer of hope for some of these academy players. If Clifford is sold, it wouldn't surprise me, but like I said, Josh is a small beacon of light of hope.

Sadly I agree.

But when a 17-year-old kid is our only hope, our bench players aren't replaced and a CL place is the best we can do we're in danger of turning into fucking Arsenal.

i dont think we should get rid of carlo.when you think he won the double last season without his own backroom staff and not buying anyone of his

own,{i dont think yossi and ramires were his signings}i think he did well.give him his choice of backroom staff money to buy players that he wants,and at least one whole season,then lets judge him,not before be cause i for one was more than pleased at his appointment.

Ancelotti has to stay. We're going through a transitional period and to sack the manager now, as we did with Scolari, would be a mistake. It would simply mean we'd go through this again.

The last two months will hopefully show why Abramovich should pull his finger out and buy us someone.

Absolutely!! Plus a fact I don't see a better replacement than Carlo Ancelotti if I'm truthfully honest. Benitez is nowhere near as disciplined as Carlo is, regardless of what he achieved at Liverpool. We need to buy "a majority" of players, not just ONE! There are a few positions that need to be filled. A centre half, a right winger, and a striker are absolute musts for us.

If Roman really cared about Chelsea, if he really had some sense, regardless of how much he has lost since taking over in 2003 (what is it £500m or something?), he would give us the funds to go out and buy someone... otherwise he would make things ten times worse and leave us with a huge debt over our heads.

Chelsea are going to see themselves tackling a newspaper headline "THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE" unless they start pulling their fingers out!!

Although one has to wonder if keeping a man at such an important position just for the sake of keeping him is a healthy way of thinking :unsure:

I expected someone to tackle this..

Should we have kept Grant or even Scolari in the name of stability?*

*I realize it's an extreme example as everybody here (ok Henrique excluded :D) rates Ancelotti much much more than those two.

*I realize it's an extreme example as everybody here (ok Henrique excluded :D) rates Ancelotti much much more than those two.

If either of them helped manage a side that won the double, yes.

It's a good point. But remember, we did keep Grant until the end of the season so that was okay, Scolari had the team in dismay, we didn't play well, but more importantly he'd lost the dressing room & Drogba which was the crucial part. In came Hiddink who just about got us some silver-wear.

Carlo hasn't lot the dressing room yet, they're still united as one. His calmness helps the players, mentally, not tactically, which is why keeping him on is the best option for the sake of stability. Perhaps, if Wilkins wasn't sacked it would be easier to "sack" Carlo right now, but we saw the impact of Wilkin's departure and he was just the assistant, the sacking of the coach would be disaster for morale.

Absolutely!! Plus a fact I don't see a better replacement than Carlo Ancelotti if I'm truthfully honest. Benitez is nowhere near as disciplined as Carlo is, regardless of what he achieved at Liverpool. We need to buy "a majority" of players, not just ONE! There are a few positions that need to be filled. A centre half, a right winger, and a striker are absolute musts for us.

Hahaha if we got Rafa I'd just sit and cry,,,he fucked Milian up no chance getting near us.Mean things are bad at the mo but with him god knows

Just looking at Blues News - It showed a clip of CA doing an interview and a few players come up behind him, (Terry, Cole and Drogba I Think) and hugged him and said "were still behind you"!! kinda funny but obviously from that he hasn't lost the dressing room"!

It's a good point. But remember, we did keep Grant until the end of the season so that was okay, Scolari had the team in dismay, we didn't play well, but more importantly he'd lost the dressing room & Drogba which was the crucial part. In came Hiddink who just about got us some silver-wear.

Carlo hasn't lot the dressing room yet, they're still united as one. His calmness helps the players, mentally, not tactically, which is why keeping him on is the best option for the sake of stability. Perhaps, if Wilkins wasn't sacked it would be easier to "sack" Carlo right now, but we saw the impact of Wilkin's departure and he was just the assistant, the sacking of the coach would be disaster for morale.

Good point.

Once you lose the bench there's no coming back. Results are easier to change.

Just looking at Blues News - It showed a clip of CA doing an interview and a few players come up behind him, (Terry, Cole and Drogba I Think) and hugged him and said "were still behind you"!! kinda funny but obviously from that he hasn't lost the dressing room"!

link?

I see this as a test for Carlo's man management skills. He has to find the core of the problem and solve the problem before it rots away. But i hope there is no stubborness in the way to resolve the main problem, the fact is that we have had a system that has worked for a couple of years, and like every system, it comes to a point where it is needed to be updated to keep it up to the highest standard. We have already gotten read of the 'dead wood' as to say, but where is the new components to replace?

Either we need to start giving people Kakuta, Sturridge, McEarhan, PvA, Bruma, etc. a chance, or dip into the transfer pond or otherwise we are going to dwell into the abyss.

Some good points, but:

Grant was offered a 3 years contract or something like that. That was the stupidiest thing Roman has ever made. If you give him a contract, I think that what he did during this term was enough to give him another season. Why not let him stay until the end of the season, and then see if he was good enough to stay longer ? What Roman was expecting him to do to stay until the end of the contract ?

Yeah, our current form is by far worst than that, but Scolari lost the dressing room. To the other side, I believe that this wasnt a nice idea, since you give players too much power. Mourinho was sacked becuase he was supposed to put Terry on the bench ( Makelelé had no reason to lie), and Scolari was sacked because our child Drogba wasnt happy with him. Our team will only have the stability we need when Drogba, Terry and these guys goes, and we show to our managers whos in charge. Look to Manchester. Fergunson is there, and there is no player stronger than him. If he say you wont play, then you accept that or just find another place to play.

We cant sack Carlo now. We must sack some players before.( no, Im no suggesting to ged rid of Terry)