Terry Fit To Play ?

TERRY COULD FACE CROATIA

England captain John Terry could still play in Wednesday's crucial qualifier against Croatia.

The Sun reports that Terry has completed his rehabilitation from a knee operation and will report for training with the England squad on Monday.

Terry has not played for club or country since injuring his knee in training before England's defeat in Russia last month.

Terry was expected to miss the game after his surgery, but may now rush himself back into action.

And with the rest of England's first-choice defence either injured or suspended for the Croatia game, Steve McClaren may pick his captain for the vital game.

The Sun claims that Chelsea manager Avram Grant has told Terry he can play, so long as he is fit.

:whistling:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I desperately want England to win I really don't want JT playing in this one. Trouble is, he's one of the few who doesn't distinguish between club and country. His loyalty's to be commended I suppose but it don't help Chelsea if he ends up out again.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12016_2891196,00.html

Worrying. Why cant the guy just take his time coming back for once? Its nearly a year now that hes been constantly getting small injuries. Bloody annoying.

Interestingly just read a topic on Football365, with loads of fans saying JT 'isnt good enough' for England, and Campbell should be first choice. Just got to laugh haven't you.

He'll only play if he feels he'll be ok with it. If he thinks there's a doubt he fuck the injury more, he wont play. I hope he plays, because that will mean he feels comfertable with it and he'll be back in the blue soon.

I'd rather he didnt play, JT wanted to play for Chelsea last season after his head injury but was told to take the time out to fully recover. This time he's been given the all clear from Chelsea to play if he sees fit. I'm sure McClaren would rather have JT out there on the pitch on Wednesday than any other player. His desire to win is second to none, and in a game like this you'll want everyone giving their all. Thats one thing JT gives you every game.

thumbsup.gif

He'll only play if he feels he'll be ok with it. If he thinks there's a doubt he fuck the injury more, he wont play. I hope he plays, because that will mean he feels comfertable with it and he'll be back in the blue soon.

I think you're completely wrong. John will do anything to represent his country, and he'll do his best to ignore an injury if need be. He's passionate, and passionate people don't always talk sense.

well if he's fit to play, why not? if he plays, he will surely help the England team but if he comes back at Chelsea more injured than he was, i'm not sure that Avram Grant will be nice with Steve McLaren! ;)

It'll probably give the fans who........"dislike"........... Grant more fuel. Giving the OK for JT to play will be on his and the Chelsea medical staffs heads.

:whistling:

The Beeb:

"McClaren is also likely to be without captain John Terry with a knee problem and fellow centre-back Rio Ferdinand, who is suspended.

Terry was with the England squad at their base in Hertfordshire on Sunday but was not involved in Monday's training session.

The Chelsea captain will take a place on the England bench on Wednesday in a supporting capacity."

Phew.

----------

Bugger, he's trained today, so it's a possibilty...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/i...als/7103110.stm

----------

No its not!

Hes not playing :whistling:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12016_2893066,00.html