La Liga Thread

Steve

In all the times I saw Kluivert play, I've never seen him play in defensive midfield :lol:

I'm guessing I could be proved wrong :whistling:

:D No,not that I know of. At the time Barca had a dutch dozen of players that could play midfield/defence. So i don't think Kluivert was ever needed there.

The front Barca 3 in the late 90's of Figo,kluivert, and Rivaldo was lethal. I remember Vialli saying it's the best strike force in Europe and boy he wasn't wrong.

As for them teams,I think they are the best XI 's from this millenium/century/decade (or whatever else). I was going to say you could add Figo into the Barca side too but he never really played for them in the noughties.

If it was the best Barca XI of all time then I think Rivaldo would be a strong contender to get in the side.

• 2 weeks later...

Ronaldo : 52 Games, 49 Goals (excluding one controversial decision), 2 games in hand

Messi : 53 Games, 52 Goals , 4 games in hand

For the season, these two guys are just class apart from any footballer in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Depor has gone down :(

The third team to have won the La Liga that isn't Real or Barcelona in the last 25 years, and the smallest populated city to have win it also. Remember the days of Djalminha, who was such a class player! Tempermental, but like a true Brazilian, bossed the opposition into submission. Slaughter the Barcelona defence on his day as well!

Madrid have signed Jose Callejon from Espanyol. Makes me laugh, they throw away their youth products, then buy them back when their Galacticos fail to shine.

Kind of wish we'd do the same. With Sinclair for example.

No, I would be very sad indeed if Chelsea became such an egoistic, haughty, high handed club simply because they have more money than most.

Na, I mean the part about buying back old youth products.

Why not? At least we'd help that club make a profit, get in a homegrown player & stop being the non-English English club in the Premier League :lol:

Na, I mean the part about buying back old youth products.

Why not? At least we'd help that club make a profit, get in a homegrown player & stop being the non-English English club in the Premier League :lol:

Hmm, what Real essentially do is "We don't need this academy graduate, {insert superstar name here} is the way forward .... (after 2 years) .... give us back our academy grad, take this money." Pathetic. They'll go after Mata next.

That honour lies with Arsenal :D