LDN Blue

Serbia 6 Wales 1 :D

Aw yeah.

Ivanovic also scored a beauty with a volley from outside the box and captained the team.

1st place will be between Croatia , Belgium and Serbia. We (Belgium) have lost a big oppurtinity to beat Croatia , we were the better the team , but still a draw is not bad. Hope we can get at least a point in the away against Serbia next month. And Serbia lost points against scotland , which could be good for croatia and belgium if they are able to win at schotland.

So many negative posts on SSN about England's performance...

1) injury list was big

2) Ukraine have never been a walkover, they have some amazing players, but don't have the league or funding to be on show - when it was the USSR a hefty percentage of players were from the Ukraine.

So RH tried some new things, everybody moaned about Rooney, he couldn't play so he tried something else - everybody moaned again...

3) to sum it up we will never be happy... Jesus even Brazil + Spain play badly - international football is inconsistent and on there day any team can spank another team.. 1-1 was a fair result and is not the end of the world!

Jordan :lol:

Jordan are a quality team, actually. I'd rate them the 5th or 6th best team in the AFC, and playing away in the Middle East in summer is a bitch. We still should have gotten a point, considering we're the third best team in Asia.

Mind, the Socceroo's are piss and wind these days. The golden generation is over and we're going to plunge back into a decade of mediocrity wishing we could play American Samoa every week.

Jordan are a quality team,

I rarely watch middle east foot ball but I'm certain that's not true. Jordan is a small country with a small population and absolutely no footballing history. They would never match up to the likes of KSA, Iran, Qatar and the north African Arab Nations in football.

I rarely watch middle east foot ball but I'm certain that's not true. Jordan is a small country with a small population and absolutely no footballing history. They would never match up to the likes of KSA, Iran, Qatar and the north African Arab Nations in football.

It's human nature to rationalise tragedies, which is what Cap is doing. Most rationalising I have experienced has been irrational.

All of our pre-game chat in the media was emphasising that Jordan were vastly different to other West Asian teams and that was what made them such a threat. We can't deal with long balls in the heat when we've spent all our time in Asia chasing after mini-Spain's.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting possible change to the Euros. http://www.guardian....2020-uefa-final

The continent is not really that large, so I can really see this. Not sure how I feel about it.

RIdiculous. You can't expect fans to travel around Europe to watch their country. Let's say you are English: Englands first game is being played at Wembley, that is no problem for England fans. But then the second game is in Sweden. But then thrid game is in Ukraine and then the fourth game is in Portugal. Not only is that a ridiulous and expensive travel schedule but it would also affect the players performances.

Stupid idea. Rich people tend to forget that most people can't afford things like this.

RIdiculous. You can't expect fans to travel around Europe to watch their country. Let's say you are English: Englands first game is being played at Wembley, that is no problem for England fans. But then the second game is in Sweden. But then thrid game is in Ukraine and then the fourth game is in Portugal. Not only is that a ridiulous and expensive travel schedule but it would also affect the players performances.

Stupid idea. Rich people tend to forget that most people can't afford things like this.

I don't think it would work like that. I assume they would have regions for the groups. Like Group A would be played in Britain, Group B in Spain, Group C in Germany, Group D in Turkey etc...so if you wanted to watch your country, you could safely go see the first round in one location. Then, you'd have the quarter-finals in maybe two different locations (close to where those groups were based, say the groups that were based in England and Spain would have their quarterfinals in France), the semi-finals and the finals in the "host country". I think it would be more expensive to see all the games, but less expensive for those fans who wanted to go to one or two games (since no matter what, there would always be games near you.) The travel would not be extensive as the only time it would be needed is in between rounds where there is a few days break anyway (no different than playing at home on Saturday and flying to the continent for a CL game mid-week,.) The biggest benefit to me is that countries that would have no shot of ever hosting a tournament could still host games which would be a huge deal. (Countries like Latvia, Cyprus, Estonia, etc...) Also, the games would actually be cheaper to put on overall and save a lot of money for host countries. Poland had to build four new stadiums for the Euros, which, was a massive waste of money. Poland and Ukraine spent a total of $40 billion, most of it being public money. Countries that don't have the infrastructure to host and entire tournament don't have to spend $40 Billion for stadiums and infrastructure they really only need for a few weeks, once They can use their existing national stadium or at most build one stadium. I'm not saying that I'm for it, but there are some benefits. I'd rather this than the added teams to the tournament (which is already happening unfortunately.)

• 2 weeks later...

Roy Hodgson has apologised to Rio Ferdinand after discussing the defender's England future with London Underground passengers.

The England coach admitted he told commuters that the Manchester United defender would not be in his latest squad, a day before it was announced

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Lol that he discussed it to train passengers!Meh it was gana get annouced anyway..just found out earlier lol.But good on Hodgson for no selecting him for the sole reason JT aint playing or for some sappy sentimental reasons.Need to move forward

Even Neil Warnock and Harry Redknapp wouldn't announce stuff like that.

What on earth is a millionaire doing on the underground? and if he is approached he should swerve the question, it aint that hard.

No wonder England football are a worldwide laughing stock when the England manager goes saying that on the underground.

If a Chelsea manager did that, i would fully back Roman if he decides to sack him on the spot, infact ill call for it to happen.