LDN Blue

I also don't remember any action that Torres had a clash of heads. Suddenly he approached to the bench saying that he couldn't hear and asking for change.

It was a bit strange.

TVE mentioned class of heads. Maybe he headed a ball and got it wrong? Not thrilled with the concussion news but glad he's ok and that he doesn't have an ankle/knee/groin/hamstring/quad or any other injury.

TVE mentioned class of heads. Maybe he headed a ball and got it wrong? Not thrilled with the concussion news but glad he's ok and that he doesn't have an ankle/knee/groin/hamstring/quad or any other injury.

They mentioned a clash, but I didn't see it. Went unnoticed at the time.

I missed the 30 first minutes, he made the assist for Loïc Remy in a very smart way, he delayed the call from Remy and he gave a perfect cross between the 2 defenders. He was present at times, he missed the chance to score a beautiful goal with two excellent skills to pass 2 defenders before the GK blocked his shot.

Haha that's Benz for ya. Thanks.

Thoughts on the USMNT game:

ESPN is a joke. Game was moved to ESPN News because the Little League qualifying game was still on. Once the LL game was over, the game was moved to ESPN2. I had ESPN News but if you didn't you had to find it on Univision on ESPN3.com. ESPN said they're committed to live coverage and staying with a live event.

Lalas was a little less annoying than usual. Twellerman was ehhh. There's nobody else available? Love listening to Ian Darke call games. He is head and shoulders above anything else ESPN or FSC have. Ramos was in the booth and pre-post match. He was the proverbial breath of fresh air. Didn't sugar coat it and said it like it was. In the first half he said the US was awful. My favorite comment of his came in the second half when the US was playing really well. To paraphrase "The US can play good soccer. Shea, Agudelo, Rogers, Donovan, even Bradley can play good soccer".

First half the USMNT looked like the USMNT under Bradley. Slow, no creativity, Donovan playing a role that didn't suit him, Torres out of position out wide, Bradley Jr was Bradley Jr.

Second half Mexico started making subs and so did Klinsi. Donovan was given a more free role. Torres was moved into the middle of the field. Bradley was taken off. Agudelo, Shea, and Rogers were lively subs. For 20-30 minutes the USMNT looked promising and fun to watch.

Klinsi still has a lot of work to do. Hopefully Klinsi will be given time and freedom to do something promising with US Soccer. One other thing, it was nice to see Klinsi excited about the match. Too often Bradley looked like he was getting a root canal out there. He definitely wasn't an inspiring figure.

Guest justin_3d

Thoughts on the USMNT game:

ESPN is a joke. Game was moved to ESPN News because the Little League qualifying game was still on. Once the LL game was over, the game was moved to ESPN2. I had ESPN News but if you didn't you had to find it on Univision on ESPN3.com. ESPN said they're committed to live coverage and staying with a live event.

Lalas was a little less annoying than usual. Twellerman was ehhh. There's nobody else available? Love listening to Ian Darke call games. He is head and shoulders above anything else ESPN or FSC have. Ramos was in the booth and pre-post match. He was the proverbial breath of fresh air. Didn't sugar coat it and said it like it was. In the first half he said the US was awful. My favorite comment of his came in the second half when the US was playing really well. To paraphrase "The US can play good soccer. Shea, Agudelo, Rogers, Donovan, even Bradley can play good soccer".

First half the USMNT looked like the USMNT under Bradley. Slow, no creativity, Donovan playing a role that didn't suit him, Torres out of position out wide, Bradley Jr was Bradley Jr.

Second half Mexico started making subs and so did Klinsi. Donovan was given a more free role. Torres was moved into the middle of the field. Bradley was taken off. Agudelo, Shea, and Rogers were lively subs. For 20-30 minutes the USMNT looked promising and fun to watch.

Klinsi still has a lot of work to do. Hopefully Klinsi will be given time and freedom to do something promising with US Soccer. One other thing, it was nice to see Klinsi excited about the match. Too often Bradley looked like he was getting a root canal out there. He definitely wasn't an inspiring figure.

Good analysis.

I agree, it was great to see Klingsman emotion on the game. I was watching on the first half, and his face was like, what kind of joke i got in too?

But if he takes it serious, as it shown in the second half, and the players respect him and follow his philosophy it might come good in the end.

And i would add Torres to that list of players you mention. He was also more lively in the second half, and Klingsman seemed to like him.

So good stuff, and lets see how things evolve in the coming months.

Guest justin_3d

I just hope they play some games from the qualifiers at the Red Bull Arena so it can be much easier for me to go.

Our stadium is one of the best in the US. B)

Interesting comments from Klinsi. A lot of positives yet realization there is work to be done.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2011/08/PostGame-Quotes-from-US-MNTs-Draw-with-Mexico.aspx

Side note: we live in Orange County where Klinsi resides although his zip code might be a little pricier than ours. There's a semi-pro league in California (the PDL) where a lot of college kids play during the summer to keep fitness, etc. We've gone to a few games here and there. One game we went to a few years ago there were a lot of college kids playing. My daughter was just starting in AYSO and liked to watch the older boys play (even then). My daughter was confused by the "old guy" who was playing with all the young guys. Klinsi was out there playing under a pseudonym. He still had a passion for the game.

Klinsi was out there playing under a pseudonym. He still had a passion for the game.

Was he still good? Did he dive? A pickup game with a world class striker and world cup winner, wow.

And do we really call him Klinsi?

Spain have confirmed a friendly with Chile on Friday, September 2nd. Torres toddling off.