LDN Blue

Townsend is the most annoying commentator ever, once again overhyping England.

I'm not going to expect anything with this team, this game and last game are the only good performances I've ever seen from England since Roy Hodgeson has took over.

this was the most entertaining England side since Joe Mercer was manager . Check out his results when he was caretaker

this was the most entertaining England side since Joe Mercer was manager . Check out his results when he was caretaker

They have been very good, but that for me is only two games. Getting carried away on two games isn't going to help the side when we go to Brazil. I would say this World Cup we don't have as much pressure as we did in the last World Cups, but can you remember how dominant England where when on the road to South Africa? Rooney couldn't stop scoring, and didn't Lampard and Gerrard get hat tricks each in the very last game against Croatia? Either that or Gerrard got 2 and Lampard got 3. But still we where playing great football then, however when we got the World Cup it was a different story we where bloody awful.

They have been very good, but that for me is only two games. Getting carried away on two games isn't going to help the side when we go to Brazil. I would say this World Cup we don't have as much pressure as we did in the last World Cups, but can you remember how dominant England where when on the road to South Africa? Rooney couldn't stop scoring, and didn't Lampard and Gerrard get hat tricks each in the very last game against Croatia? Either that or Gerrard got 2 and Lampard got 3. But still we where playing great football then, however when we got the World Cup it was a different story we where bloody awful.

2006 and 2010 England had teams of worldbeaters. Terry, Ferdinand, Cole in defense, Lampard, Rooney scoring for fun for their clubs but at the tournament the expectations are so high and the players so tired, they get extremely shy in front of goal. They were so slow due to their fatigue, the whole German team which is not exactly fast looked like motorcycles against them. England usually have the quality but as long as there is a Carling Cup, replay rule in the FA Cup and 20 teams in the league, England will never win a tournament. Also I'd love to see a real world class coach in charge for England. Hodgson, Capello were ok, but they are rather taciticians. England needs a motivator, who unites the team with his spirit and actually instill some belief in them. When Germany exited the 2004 EM in the group stages, the NT was down. Only 2 years later, Jürgen Klinsmann almost won the World Cup (admittedly in the own country) with a side that was good but individually not remotedly close to what England or Italy had in their ranks at that time.

It would be brilliant to have a strong England team again. They deserve it. The premier league has produced some of the best football ever seen and brought the whole sport on a compeltely new level. English players have been a massive part of that. The Golden Generation has been one of the most impressive collection of players ever. Their international medal cabinet does not reflect that, but their club medal cabinet surely does.

Btw couldn't the English and the Welsh FA just merge? The best Welsh clubs play in the EPL anyway and the relationship with Wales has never been as strained as the one with the Scottish (which Scottish player would even get in the England squad?). England + Bale and Ramsey would rock.

2006 and 2010 England had teams of worldbeaters. Terry, Ferdinand, Cole in defense, Lampard, Rooney scoring for fun for their clubs but at the tournament the expectations are so high and the players so tired, they get extremely shy in front of goal. They were so slow due to their fatigue, the whole German team which is not exactly fast looked like motorcycles against them. England usually have the quality but as long as there is a Carling Cup, replay rule in the FA Cup and 20 teams in the league, England will never win a tournament. Also I'd love to see a real world class coach in charge for England. Hodgson, Capello were ok, but they are rather taciticians. England needs a motivator, who unites the team with his spirit and actually instill some belief in them. When Germany exited the 2004 EM in the group stages, the NT was down. Only 2 years later, Jürgen Klinsmann almost won the World Cup (admittedly in the own country) with a side that was good but individually not remotedly close to what England or Italy had in their ranks at that time.

It would be brilliant to have a strong England team again. They deserve it. The premier league has produced some of the best football ever seen and brought the whole sport on a compeltely new level. English players have been a massive part of that. The Golden Generation has been one of the most impressive collection of players ever. Their international medal cabinet does not reflect that, but their club medal cabinet surely does.

Btw couldn't the English and the Welsh FA just merge? The best Welsh clubs play in the EPL anyway and the relationship with Wales has never been as strained as the one with the Scottish (which Scottish player would even get in the England squad?). England + Bale and Ramsey would rock.

I question your Germany ethnicity.

I question your Germany ethnicity.

Ach ja? Deutscher geht's gar nicht. Deutsche Eltern, deutscher Pass, ich bin sogar katholisch. Außerdem würde ich bestreiten, dass Deutsche wirklich eine ethnische Gruppe sind. Wenn dem aber so wäre, wäre ich absolut representativ für die.

Warum sollte ich überhaupt lügen? Ich kenne wirklich keinen der freiwillig behaupten würde Deutscher zu sein.

Germany and England are not really natural enemies. Even Kaiser Wilhelm II and Hitler admired the British. Only in football there is a real rivalry. But England's main footballing rivals are Scotland, France and Argentina, whilst Germany's main rivals are the Netherlands and Brazil.

Englands 2006 and 2010 team were much much better than 2002s team, which was just too young and had a lot of average players in it. Also Brazil and France were the only decent teams in that tournament.

2006 and 2010 England had a world class player in almost every position. They had Lamps, Rooney, GErrard, Cole, Terry, Ferdinand in top form and had absolutely waltzed through the qualifiers.