LDN Blue

I don't remember Holland ever doing anything internationally or have i missed where they actually won a world cup? Oh wait... nah the last tournament they played was Euro 2012 where they lost 3 out of 3, NICE! Ok they made a World Cup final recently but in reality, they played against a pretty poor Brazil in the Semi's and didn't even play that well to get there. Then in the final, all they did was kick Spain off the park. Holland are the real flops of international football.

I fully realize that, but I was just trying to debate with you why you think those two have a better chance than Holland. I think when you look at player quality alone, especially in attack, you have to put Holland ahead of them, for me at least.

I see in Holland (just as I saw in Brazil 2006), a bunch of great players who have past their peak and dont like to play together.

Holland was a team in 2010, now, they are a set of selfish players with no focus (especially in Brazil, where entertainment and distraction isnt something we lack of).

In my opinion, they are just preparing themselves to fail...

I don't remember Holland ever doing anything internationally or have i missed where they actually won a world cup? Oh wait... nah the last tournament they played was Euro 2012 where they lost 3 out of 3, NICE! Ok they made a World Cup final recently but in reality, they played against a pretty poor Brazil in the Semi's and didn't even play that well to get there. Then in the final, all they did was kick Spain off the park. Holland are the real flops of international football.

1- You're English, and back in 2010 would I judge England by their performances in Euro 08, sorry, Euro 08 qualifiers? Hell no.

2- Ironically, Brazil was the Confederations Cup title holder back then. I wouldn't call them poor.

3- They played in a balanced way during that final, created 2 deadly chances to kill the game in the 2nd half. If Robben had scored and they became champions we'd be having a different argument here. Say for example, with the way we played Bayern last year, would you say we kicked Bayern off the park had we lost that match and that Chelsea are club football flops for losing 2 CL finals?

England home of 57,000,000 people.

Invented football

Won a single World Cup in 1966, the only WC final they've ever been in

Never been to Euro final

Had one of the greatest golden generations of the last 20 years which amounted to nothing

Netherlands home of 16,000,000 people

lost three World Cup finals

Won one Euro in 1988, the only Euro final they've been in

Not bad for a country of one third of the size. I'd say England are the real flops.

It's not really easy for me to argue the toss because i know England are shit and always will be and i don't even feel that gutted when we get knocked out of these tournaments as i like to see the best matches and teams go head to head in the later stages. England have a lot of people and the best league in the world so should do better. Country population doesn't necessarily mean they are all English though, i mean i don't even see England anymore when i go outside! And we also have a lot of Sport preferences like Rugby and Cricket amongst others too. The Brazil's, Spain's, Holland's and Germany's of this world teach their youngsters football better and care more about their youth set ups domestically. I'm surprised we're actually as good as we are as we seem to only invest in foreigners nowadays. It will probably get worse before it ever gets better, maybe the FFP rules will help bring the youth through.

Thanks for missing out my country. :(

I know, I know, I forgot about you! SORRY! :(

But, as I was talking with Choulo...I believe you guys are in transition mode and I dont see a collective team - only a set of great players playing individually and with big egos. Also, I think your NT is very similar to Brazil 2006!

I do have to say Holland always impresses me with the amount of spectacular players you produce versus your population. Really amazing!

I know, I know, I forgot about you! SORRY! :(

But, as I was talking with Choulo...I believe you guys are in transition mode and I dont see a collective team - only a set of great players playing individually and with big egos. Also, I think your NT is very similar to Brazil 2006!

I do have to say Holland always impresses me with the amount of spectacular players you produce versus your population. Really amazing!

isn't it the same with England? Every week they hand someone new a debut cap. Just a big squad. No core team

• 1 month later...