LDN Blue

Sorry, lost my cool for a minute, but I get furious when people come with those naive arguments...

The problem is that the World Cup only went to Brazil so FIFA and The Brazilian Government could steal as much as they could. The idea is to overprice the constructions so they can get a portion of the budget to their own bank accounts. Confederations Cup only comes to help them get even more money and have the 2013 deadline as an excuse for the high prices. It has nothing to do with promoting a tournament with the winners of each continent and there is nothing to do Brazil knowing it from the beginning.

I will ask you something, why is FIFA choosing host countries with no infra-structure nor stadiums? Why they choose South Africa, Brazil and Russia instead of Spain or England? Because they cant steal if everything is already built and ready to go. The idea behind the Confederations Cup is only to facilitate all that absurd corruption there is in international football tournaments. So it fucks with the players, clubs and people from the host nation. How can you still defend it?

However, its not okay to spend billions of dollars on stadiums and stupid demands FIFA makes when you dont have qualified public services (schools, hospitals, jails, etc). The protests are more than right, one shouldnt allow to see their child with no proper school or hospital to go to, but allow the government to spent billions with stupid football stuff. Yes, it is fun and all of that, but priorities are priorities and just because Brazilians are fighting for our rights, we are gettifng spanked by the police so Americans and Europeans dont read anything on NYT or Reutuers!

In resume, the very basic concept of Confederations Cup might even be good, but in pratic, it is as dirty and unhuman as it gets...

They're trying to spread the hosting to as many countries as possible?

I get your point though, and i just read about the protests and problems in Brazil today, so away from the football aspect - which is all i was defending - you are right.

Gr8 half of football. Technically Bazargali was red since Dos Santos was through on goal.

Also I love this ESPN USA Commentator. I have never seen English Commentary with a commentator shouting "GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLL"

Also fucking bastard Mark Lawrenson is calling David Luiz a liability for Brazil. :doh: :doh:

Well he's a espn deportes commentator.

Is the Spanish channel for America.

But as of late he does some English commentary on the regular espn channel.

That being said his English commentary is not that great.

I rather hear him in Spanish.

I have said Spanish commentary is the best.

English is so boring and dull. No matter if they are from Europe. Still very dry compare to our Spanish commentary that makes the game exciting with their passionate narrations.

I will also add the brazilian and Arabic as very fun to hear.

This game is about passion, excitement and narrations for me is big.

I think in general a lot of Latinos see it like that.

given their tradition and usual level, this Italian team definitely lacks in the defense aspect.

Maybe players are too tired after all they had basically no rest, but compared to Italian level, this defense is sub par.

Mexico did far too many mistakes. They were really sloppy.

really looking forward to Spain x Uruguay. I'm skipping the service to watch it :P

Even I really wanted to watch it but it's at 1am here but I have school 2morrow. I only have 2 more days of school couldn't they do the Confed Cup a week later. Euros and World Cup always start while I have school. :angry:

Well that's what they said lol. Obviously they're underlying money reasons, but still nice for different countries to host, instead of same old, same old.

I agree in theory, but not in the expense of the population of the host nations...

For instance, the South African World Cup was surprisingly well organised (nice stadiums, good crowd, epic games, etc). However, their government acumulated a gigantic debt to pay for all of this and there was no money left to invest in other areas (education, security, hospitals, roads, jobs, etc). Now, 3 years past the event, Cape Town and Durban are seriously considering imploding their 60k+ incredibly expensive stadiums so they can cut public losses (because these venues demand way too much money to maintain).

Now I ask you, if you were a South African, would you say it was worth it? I dont know, maybe. But I, as a Brazilian, have my personal answer!

Mexico did far too many mistakes. They were really sloppy.

Even I really wanted to watch it but it's at 1am here but I have school 2morrow. I only have 2 more days of school couldn't they do the Confed Cup a week later. Euros and World Cup always start while I have school. :angry:

sorry about it mate

In Brazil nobody goes after the tests end. Normally there's 1 or 2 weeks more of school and most students skip most of it :P

We are Brazilians after all

Well he's a espn deportes commentator.

Is the Spanish channel for America.

But as of late he does some English commentary on the regular espn channel.

That being said his English commentary is not that great.

I rather hear him in Spanish.

I have said Spanish commentary is the best.

English is so boring and dull. No matter if they are from Europe. Still very dry compare to our Spanish commentary that makes the game exciting with their passionate narrations.

I will also add the brazilian and Arabic as very fun to hear.

This game is about passion, excitement and narrations for me is big.

I think in general a lot of Latinos see it like that.

I agree. Watching a boring game of football with Latin commentators is still decent since they have good commentary.

Watching a boring PL game with PLTV commentary along with the dull atmosphere in the stadium is like watching paint dry.

Martinez seems like a good pundit.

I agree in theory, but not in the expense of the population of the host nations...

For instance, the South African World Cup was surprisingly well organised (nice stadiums, good crowd, epic games, etc). However, their government acumulated a gigantic debt to pay for all of this and there was no money left to invest in other areas (education, security, hospitals, roads, jobs, etc). Now, 3 years past the event, Cape Town and Durban are seriously considering imploding their 60k+ incredibly expensive stadiums so they can cut public losses (because these venues demand way too much money to maintain).

Now I ask you, if you were a South African, would you say it was worth it? I dont know, maybe. But I, as a Brazilian, have my personal answer!

The thing is, these countries put forward a bid to host the WC. Nobody forced it on them, so cases like that of South Africa is just ridiculous, they should have used their money for the betterment of the public, instead of wanting to host the WC.

And yeah if i were South African, i would rightly be upset as the Brazilians are atm.