Neymar

the wes

Indeed we don't, but we do need a manager to give his opinion on players we could sign. He is the one that will work with them after all. Do you seriously think that our board just wishes to bring only the names we were linked with in the press? There could be some transfers they are keeping silent of and are still thinking about. Don't forget how long is the summer transfer period and the fact that we signed Torres at January 31st at 23:59 basically.

The fact still remains that we have been linked with 3 expensive strikers, a position that hardly calls for urgent attention in our squad. if the transfer speculations is anything to go by then it's safe to conclude that RA and Gourlay are clueless when it comes to player acquisition. Neymar,Aguero and Lukaku will hardly solve our glaring creativity problem. And please don't make any excuses for the obvious questionable tranfer policies under the roman administration with some wasteful and unnecessary buys over the years e.g sheva, Veron, SWP,Torres,Mateja Kezman etc. The board are easily distracted by Big names and the hottest stars atm that they often fail to get the team's priorities right.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact still remains that we have been linked with 3 expensive strikers, a position that hardly calls for urgent attention in our squad. if the transfer speculations is anything to go by then it's safe to conclude that RA and Gourlay are clueless when it comes to player acquisition. Neymar,Aguero and Lukaku will hardly solve our glaring creativity problem. And please don't make any excuses for the obvious questionable tranfer policies under the roman administration with some wasteful and unnecessary buys over the years e.g sheva, Veron, SWP,Torres,Mateja Kezman etc. The board are easily distracted by Big names and the hottest stars atm that they often fail to get the team's priorities right.

So a no to Neymar and Aguero from you, i understand you want natural wingers, but who?

Just relax man :toke:

So a no to Neymar and Aguero from you, i understand you want natural wingers, but who?

Hulk, Hazard, Alexis Sanchez, Gervinho, Adam Johnson ashley young, Valencia et al. These are wingers that would improve our creativity and overall play significantly.

Hulk, Hazard, Alexis Sanchez, Gervinho, Adam Johnson ashley young, Valencia et al. These are wingers that would improve our creativity and overall play significantly.

Hulk and Hazard are no more wingers than Neymar and Aguero. Sanchez would be a good signing but not likely to come to us by all accounts. The others are not exactly the World Class players who could better Neymar or Aguero in those positions.

You've got to be a bit looney to not want Neymar imo -_-

VdW, Neymar, Sanchez/Mata, Sneijder/Modric/Hamsik/Pastore and a goalie

Can Mata play on the right? most times i have seen him, he has been on the left, where Neymar also usually plays.

Sneijder is staying at Inter, so we can forget about that. And i hope the goalie is Begovic :)

Can Mata play on the right? most times i have seen him, he has been on the left, where Neymar also usually plays.

Sneijder is staying at Inter, so we can forget about that. And i hope the goalie is Begovic :)

Mata on the left or behind the strikers, but I believe Neymar is comfortable anywhere across a front 3?

I believe Neymar is comfortable anywhere across a front 3?

I watched the video of him crossing a ball the other day, and I instantly thought that he would be the perfect winger. He can cross a ball from out of absolutely nothing, and what's more, he just does it naturally! But... he can also score fantastic goals, as we saw in the Brazil vs Scotland game at the Emirates.

Neymar would be the perfect inset for Torres because it would allow him more space to roam in attack, as opposed to just shoving him up front with Drogba, which doesn't work at all because they get in each other's way, and, considering the English league is hugely defence-minded, there's little space to manouvre.

Whether it's Drogba or Torres up front for us, I believe Neymar installed as a winger would be perfect. Drogba has the strength, while Neymar has the flair and speed, which I feel is heavily mandatory!

Mata on the left or behind the strikers, but I believe Neymar is comfortable anywhere across a front 3?

Yes i believe he can.

I watched the video of him crossing a ball the other day, and I instantly thought that he would be the perfect winger. He can cross a ball from out of absolutely nothing, and what's more, he just does it naturally! But... he can also score fantastic goals, as we saw in the Brazil vs Scotland game at the Emirates.

Neymar would be the perfect inset for Torres because it would allow him more space to roam in attack, as opposed to just shoving him up front with Drogba, which doesn't work at all because they get in each other's way, and, considering the English league is hugely defence-minded, there's little space to manouvre.

Whether it's Drogba or Torres up front for us, I believe Neymar installed as a winger would be perfect. Drogba has the strength, while Neymar has the flair and speed, which I feel is heavily mandatory!

Totally agree.

Hulk and Hazard are no more wingers than Neymar and Aguero. Sanchez would be a good signing but not likely to come to us by all accounts. The others are not exactly the World Class players who could better Neymar or Aguero in those positions.

Hulk has been playing as a true winger the past two years (except for when Falcao was out for a while), cutting in from the right like Robben, and though I'm not an true follower of Lille, Hazard has been the right winger if I'm right (but a midfielder like Nani and Valencia) for Lille the past two years.

While Neymar is a left-attacker, comparable to Cristiano Ronaldo at Madrid, and Aguero is a striker, don't know where those 'he can play on the wing' stories come from. He's always been a central striker with the supporting/second striker role being his most natural position though perfectly capable of playing the main striker role.

Sanchez would be the best signing ever since Zola. Though it has to be said, he's had his best season in his career playing the 'roaming striker role' (Udinese play a 3-5-2 formation with two very mobile attackers).

@MM

Don't think Neymar is effective from the right since he would have to go around the fullback, which means him having to cross which is not what he's known for. From his favoured left side, he's more threatning and has more options. Either from the left or as a supporting striker for Neymar (you don't buy a huge talent like him for big money and not play him where he's at his best).

Something like

---------------Torres--------------

Neymar--Sanchez--Sturridge

-------Essien----Ramires-----

Cole------JT----Luiz------VDW

---------------Cech----------------

Malouda----------Drogba-------Kalou------

-------------Lamps---Benayoun--------------

----------------------Mikel-----------------------

PVA--------Alex--------Ivanovic----Ferreira

--------------------Cech--------------------------

would be interesting

@MM

Don't think Neymar is effective from the right since he would have to go around the fullback, which means him having to cross which is not what he's known for. From his favoured left side, he's more threatning and has more options. Either from the left or as a supporting striker for Neymar (you don't buy a huge talent like him for big money and not play him where he's at his best).

Is he any good at cutting in and causing panic a la Robben?

Something like

Neymar--Sanchez--Sturridge

Malouda----------Drogba-------Kalou------

-------------Lamps---Benayoun--------------

----------------------Mikel-----------------------

PVA--------Alex--------Ivanovic----Ferreira

--------------------Cech--------------------------

would be interesting

Neymar--Aguero--Sturridge

:P

I'd swap Pastore for Essien though :D.

Neymar--Aguero--Sturridge

:P

I'd swap Pastore for Essien though :D.

Quality Starting Eleven dude! One little addition might be to use McEachran and Ramires in a rotation system, just so McEachran gets some opportunities, whilst using Essien in either a holding role, or a central midfield engine. I think Essien works notoriously well in both senses, which is why selling Essien in the summer is a BIG NO!! I don't care how poor Essien has been the season just gone. Essien is a hugely important asset to this team, we musn't let him go!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You