Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

chrismada9

I don't know if I'm meant to be posting a "rumor" rather than a proper report about it, but I thought I'd post it because I reckon it's rather interesting....

IM Scouting

Van Wolfswinkel is apparently the next best thing in Holland, do we gamble on a player like him?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, saw this. I saw a bit of him when Liverpool played Utreched. But there's always a risk with dutch player, they may seem good abroad but they don't match up at other bigger teams. Robben (for us) & Huntelaar come to mind straight away.

This rumour is really funny, Ricky van Wolfswinkel he's oke. Oke for FC Utrecht, Oke for the Dutch Eredivisie. If he's just 'oke' for the Eredivisie he will suck badly for the Premier League. Next thing he isn't strong, missing loads of chances, plus he scores mostly from penaltys.

This is absolutely nothing for Chelsea.

Afonso Alves scored 49 goals in 47 matches in Holland.... then he went to Middlesborough and did nothing worthwhile. Point is that scoring goals freely in the Eredivisie is no guarantee of success, or even talent.

If anyone can understand Dutch could they maaaybe translate what he's on about in his interview?

He's happy that he has chosen for Utrecht, transfer Vitesse to Utrecht. It haven't been so good as he hoped at Vitesse, now on Utrecht he's happy and satisfied about his decision. If he needs an holiday, some weeks free, not thinking about soccer. Talking about his vorm and the trust that the trainer gave him as youngster. Foppe de Haan (ex trainer of Heerenveen, Nederland B and now from Ajax capetown) said that v Wolfswinkel is a player wich always scores the 3-0 of 4-0 never the openingsgoal. v Wolfswinkel proved him wrong to score 4 matches in a row the 1-0. He's plays forward with his mate Mulenga, talking about if they improved. His goal for next season is, he wants to score more then 10 goals and an attacker of Utrecht should score always between 10-15 goals atleast.

Something like that, my English is terrible - i know. :unsure:

He's happy that he has chosen for Utrecht, transfer Vitesse to Utrecht. It haven't been so good as he hoped at Vitesse, now on Utrecht he's happy and satisfied about his decision. If he needs an holiday, some weeks free, not thinking about soccer. Talking about his vorm and the trust that the trainer gave him as youngster. Foppe de Haan (ex trainer of Heerenveen, Nederland B and now from Ajax capetown) said that v Wolfswinkel is a player wich always scores the 3-0 of 4-0 never the openingsgoal. v Wolfswinkel proved him wrong to score 4 matches in a row the 1-0. He's plays forward with his mate Mulenga, talking about if they improved. His goal for next season is, he wants to score more then 10 goals and an attacker of Utrecht should score always between 10-15 goals atleast.

Something like that, my English is terrible - i know. :unsure:

Thank you very Much :) he doesnt look to bad but nothing incredibly special, he slightly reminds me of Wesley Snjieder. And your English isnt bad at all well done and thank you once again blue%20scalf.gif

No way will we be interested in mr i get 10 chances i score 3 goals. This is the equivalent of us being linked to someone like andy johnson, no need at all. The defenders in Holland are about the same level as the English championship, if darren bent played in eredivisie he would average 3 goals per game easy. If Drogba played in eredivisie it would be like watching a horror film of defending every week, his sheer presence would scare the life out of every defender in the league.

Afonso Alves scored 49 goals in 47 matches in Holland.... then he went to Middlesborough and did nothing worthwhile. Point is that scoring goals freely in the Eredivisie is no guarantee of success, or even talent.

That's all very well, but the fact of the matter is, that Alves was a lot older when he came here.

Also, Robin van Persie and Dirk Kuyt (and Van der Vaart right now) seem to have done alright in the Premier League.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You