Nicolas Anelka

EskWeston

Chelsea and Manchester City are in a cheque book war for Nicolas Anelka - but they will have to fork out £30million to sign the France striker.Anelka will leave Bolton if the bidding reaches £15m in the January transfer window and insiders say he is also looking for a contract until 2011 and £4million a year in wages.It is a huge bill that is being considered by both Avram Grant and Sven Goran Eriksson, who head the list of Anelka's many admirers, with the wages being unofficially passed on by agents to the interested clubs.Chelsea may have a slight edge as they can throw players into the deal, but Eriksson would love Anelka back at City and has pushed him to the top of his shopping list.Source: Mirror

VillaHuntelaarBerbatovEto'oHenryToniKloseect.......Hell i would even prefer a young talented inexperienced player over him.

Out of those mentioned I think Klose would be the better signing imo, although Huntelaar seems more likely to happen with all the noise surrounding him and our Dutch contacts

Out of those mentioned I think Klose would be the better signing imo, although Huntelaar seems more likely to happen with all the noise surrounding him and our Dutch contacts

Would prefer Huntelaar purely because he is younger and still has a lot offer and can adapt better at a younger age to Premiership football..

Defo, Give him a few years and he'll be hitting his prime. Ideal time to get him really.

Absolutely, it's about time we started picking players up again in their prime or just before. We lost our way little recently in that respect but we need to get back to it.

Defo, Give him a few years and he'll be hitting his prime. Ideal time to get him really.

You have just put something on my mind why we shouldn't bye Jermain Defoe??? I think that he is a really great great attacker for cover and he is already adapted on premieship..<??

You have just put something on my mind why we shouldn't bye Jermain Defoe??? I think that he is a really great great attacker for cover and he is already adapted on premieship..<??

There are countless reasons why we shouldn't buy Jermain Defore, the main one being - he can't even get a game in the bloody Spurs squad :whistling: and he is cack...

Many teams have been linked with Defoe in the past and he's stated more times that enough that he's happy at Spurs.I dont see him as the prolific scorer that we need.

Thats true.Not sure at all about his future at Spurs now though.Class player though!Anelka is not good enough in my opinion.

But I still think that we just need player for cover., or maybe not on ST positon..We have DD by the end of season shorly and we have Sheva and Pizzaro and Kalou is always there so maybe we don't need anyone...I like this 4-3-2-1 formation so..

Edited by Mungii

Had we gone for Defoe when he left the Hammers, I think he may have turned into a good player for us, but he's failed to reach his potential now and I don't think he will ever reach it.